Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Convince Atar to leave Sanuarach Mine or Convince Ainethach to sell
- Tell Ainethach that Atar has been dealt with (if siding with Ainethach)
- Tell Atar that Ainethach has been dealt with (if siding with Atar)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Upon reaching Karthwasten for the first time, the Dragonborn will witness a discussion between Atar and Ainethach. It seems that Atar and his group of mercenaries have been hired by the Silver-Blood Family to "protect" the mines from the Forsworn. It is up to the Dragonborn to either convince Atar to leave with his band of thugs or convince Ainethach to sell the mine to the Silver-Blood Family.
If Atar is talked to first (and his pocket picked for 250 ), then Ainethach intimidated into selling, the reward can be received from Atar. Killing Atar and his men and then reporting back to Ainethach will reward the Dragonborn with another leveled amount of septims.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The Dragonborn will receive the same leveled reward regardless of who is sided with.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|Sanuarach Mine – FreeformKarthwastenA|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest can be finished very quickly by speaking to Atar, Ainethach, Atar (in that order), or by speaking to Ainethach, Atar, Ainethach (in that order) quickly. If the Dragonborn takes too long, Atar will go inside the Sanuarach Mine with the mercenaries and the Dragonborn will have to run inside to meet him there.
- The most rewarding way to finish this quest is by intimidating Ainethach to sell the mine, then going inside the mine and collecting the pay from Atar. Atar and his thugs can then be killed, and then Ainethach talked to and told that the Silver-Bloods "won't be a problem anymore." This will award the Dragonborn both rewards for completing the quest, some extra Gold and possibly an Amulet of Dibella from one of the mercenaries.
- If the Dragonborn decides not to kill Atar, he can always be pickpocketed for 250 , which doesn't require a very high Pickpocket level to be successful. This, combined with the 1200 obtained from completing the quest, is a pretty good deal for such a simple quest.
- Intimidating Atar into leaving will also complete the quest "Hired Muscle" given by Farkas from the Companions.
- Aiding Ainethach will cause Lash gra-Dushnikh to grant the Dragonborn access to Orc Strongholds.
- With the Dawnguard add-on, it may be possible that Atar is a victim of kidnap. When attempting to rescue him, he may be hostile and attack unless calmed.