|It has been suggested that this page be split into one or more multiple articles, because: (Discuss)|
Sapphires are precious gems commonly found in Skyrim. They can be mined from Sapphire Geodes and pickpocketed. Sapphire, a member of the Thieves Guild, carries several of them. After obtaining sapphires, they can be used to smith various valuable rings and necklaces at forges. Sapphires come in three varieties; standard, flawless and exquisite.
Unique gems[edit | edit source]
- Olava's Token
- The Mark of Dibella is a unique sapphire that has a value 0
- Tythis Ulen's Sapphire
- Sapphire's Exquisite Sapphire
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Madesi, an Argonian jeweler in Riften, asks the Dragonborn to find two Flawless Sapphires for an amulet he is crafting (along with one piece of gold ore and one mammoth tusk). It does not matter whether these items are stolen or not.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- A sapphire can be found on a dresser in the Stewards quarters, Mistveil Keep, in Riften.
- Two can be pickpocketed or looted from Sapphire.
- A flawless sapphire can be found on a bookshelf in the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella in Markarth.
- One can be found in Mara's Eye Den, on a table next to the Smuggler's Journal.
- A flawless sapphire can be found at Korvanjund after completing the quest "The Jagged Crown" for either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials. It is in a bowl above a bookcase left of the main throne (when looking at it). Using Unrelenting Force on the bowl, or simply hitting it enough with a sword will make it fall down, scattering the gems on the floor. The Telekinesis alteration spell may also prove useful in picking the gem up.
- If Dawnguard is installed, a flawless sapphire can be found next to a skeleton to the left of the Inner Sanctum. This requires careful handling as the skeleton is located very close to the edge and they will fall off and into the valley if the wrong gem is picked up first.
- If Dawnguard is installed, two flawless sapphires can be found at the end of the Aetherium Forge.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Getting the perk Prowler's Profit by completing the quest "No Stone Unturned" greatly increases the chance of finding Flawless Sapphires.
- There is only one place to get any Exquisite Sapphires — from Sapphire in the Thieves Guild, once Glover Mallory's letter is given to her. However, the letter respawns, allowing the Dragonborn to obtain multiple exquisite sapphires, despite being supposedly unique.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Sapphire (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If put in a display case, it may disappear completely, causing the loss of the item.