Sceolang is an armored husky dog. Together with Bran, he can be found around the dog pen inside Fort Dawnguard. Sceolang, just like Bran, wears red leather armor akin to Dawnguard Armor and can be freely employed as a war dog. He levels with the Dragonborn from 10–25. The Dragonborn must complete the quest "A New Order" to have the option to make Sceolang a follower; the same is true for Bran.
Once the Dragonborn has joined Dawnguard, and completed the quest above, they can find Bran and Sceolang near or in a pen where they can ask, "Whats the matter? Do you want to kill some vampires with me?" and he will follow. The same is true for Bran.
- The name "Sceolang" is a reference to the Irish legends of Fionn mac Cumhaill, an Irish hero who had two war hounds, Bran and Sceolang.
- As with his counterpart in Hearthfire, Sceolang and Bran can be turned into pets if the Dragonborn has children. Upon entering the property they will ask if they can keep them, to which the Dragonborn can agree or disagree.
- Sceolang and Bran are modeled after real-life huskies, unlike most dogs found in Skyrim, which have the appearance of Irish wolfhounds. This is rather ironic, since the two hounds in mythology are depicted as Irish Wolfhounds.
- Sceolang will respond to commands such as wait and dismiss but will not heed them, and will also be invincible, leaving no way for you to be rid of Sceolang.
- He occasionally will not respond to follower commands. To fix it, the Dragonborn can ask him again.
- Sometimes when trying to use the follower commands to dismiss or have Sceolang wait, the options will be there but are unable to be chosen. Reloading a save seems to be the only way to fix this.
- Sceolang may sometimes not respond to any commands, and just bark.
Sceolang may sometimes become invisible to the Dragonborn when entering a new area.
- This can be fixed by re-entering the area or going to a different location.
Sceolang may be stuck in one place and not respond to any commands.
- Save and reload.
- The Taste of Death," if he does not follow the Dragonborn out of Reachcliff Cave, despite being essential. Sceolang may be found dead during the quest "
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures||Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|