The scimitar typically cannot be purchased from a merchant or blacksmiths. However, there are several locations where one may be found:
- Kematu, and all Alik'r mercenaries encountered during the quest "In My Time of Need," carry scimitars.
- Velehk Sain carries two. He can be found after interacting with the Daedric Relic.
- Carried by Corsairs on the Dainty Sload.
- Nazir, in the quest "Destroy the Dark Brotherhood!" Alternatively, it may be pickpocketed from him after joining the Dark Brotherhood.
- One under a boat between the Wreck of the Brinehammer and Dawnstar.
- Rayya carries two in the Hearthfire add-on.
- Inside the hull of the Wreck of the Strident Squall in the Dragonborn add-on.
- A unique version called Windshear can be found on the main deck of The Katariah, during or after the Dark Brotherhood quest "Hail Sithis!" It bears a unique enchantment that gives bash attacks a chance to knock the opponent down. It also staggers the target with every hit.
- Two unique variants called Bloodscythe and Soulrender, the signature weapons of famed pirate Haknir Death-Brand, can be found in his tomb at Gyldenhul Barrow, a location in The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. When dual-wielded together, they unleash a special enchantment.
This section contains bugs related to Scimitar. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the scimitar is the second weapon to be placed on a weapon rack or shield plaque, it will be in the correct alignment, but much higher up than the other weapon.
- Placing the scimitar first avoids this issue.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.