- See also: Jone
Secunda, also known as Jone or Shandar's Sorrow, is the smaller of the two moons in orbit of Nirn, the other being Masser. The moons can easily be seen in the night sky throughout Tamriel. These two moons do not contribute anything to gameplay outside of scenery in The Elder Scrolls games, except for the fact that Secunda becomes the Bloodmoon in The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon expansion of Morrowind.
Among the Khajiit, Secunda, as well as Masser, are revered because their lunar phase helps determine the forms Khajiit take at birth.
Becoming the Bloodmoon
During the Bloodmoon Prophecy, Secunda became the Bloodmoon once every era. It is the fourth and final sign of the prophecy, as it is tainted with the blood of Hircine's crimson tides. After the prophecy ended, Secunda returned to its normal state.
- Secunda is a Latin feminine singular adjective meaning "second."
- Secunda is called Secundus in An Elder Scrolls Novel: Lord of Souls. Secundus is the corresponding masculine form of secunda.
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: Lord of Souls
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online