Senche-Cats are large felines native to Elsweyr and Valenwood. They are distant relatives to the Khajiit, but cannot speak like the cat-folk. They come in many varying forms, from senche-tigers to senche-leopards.
Description[edit | edit source]
Senche-cats share a namesake with the Senche breeds of Khajiit, and like their Khajiiti relatives, senche have sweet teeth. Senche-cats are able to be tamed because of their fondness for Moon Sugar, which their khajiiti masters use on raw meat as an incentive to train them, and their appetite for it waxes and wanes with the moons. Tamed senche-cats are used for a variety of purposes by the Khajiit; be they mounts, hunting companions, or guards for temples.
The Bosmer have a much different relationship with the senche. The wood elves hunt senche-cats for their meat and pelts, as well as their bones, which the Wood Elves are convinced contain almost magical properties when crafted into arrows. Whereas the Redguards of Hammerfell import powdered senche-tiger claws and teeth, for use in concoctions that claim to do everything from extending one’s life to instilling good luck.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Senche-Tigers are one of the most common breeds seen throughout Valenwood and Elsweyr. Like most tigers, they can vary in color from orange to white, and come in many different sizes and stripe-patterns. Some have been bred by the Khajiit for size and manageability, to be used as mounts.
- Senche-Lions are the fierce and powerful senche-cats indigenous to the broad savannahs of Anequina in Northern Elsweyr. While they are often tamed by the Khajiit to be mounts, the male Pride-Kings are especially prized for this purpose. Lions with black manes are ridden by the Bi-Lunar Guard and are by tradition reserved for the Bi-Lunars' exclusive use.
- Senche-Leopards were bred for bearing armed warriors while slinking through the steamy jungles of Pellitine, but Khajiiti riders found they had broader applicability, and use them as both fast coursers for couriers, and as elegant town mounts for young Elsweyr nobles. They are among the Tenmar Forest's feared predators.
- Senche-Panthers are skilled and stealthy hunters and notoriously dangerous when encountered in the wild. It is said that their claws are the untimely end of many an unwary traveler. They are usually small, but some can grow to large sizes.
- Black Senche-Panthers were said to have been bred as mounts by Baandari Pedlars, for ease in hastily leaving town after dark. Legend holds Black Senche-Panthers were born from some of the thief Rajhin's many shadows.
- Striped Senche-Panthers are uncannily intelligent natives of Valenwood. These solitary animals rarely befriend mer or men, but are often held as pets when tamed. While striped similarly to Senche-Tigers, these Senche-Panthers are distinct in their dark colouring.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Striped Senche-Panther description
- The Elder Scrolls Online Interactive Map of Tamriel: Malabal Tor
- Striped Senche-Tiger description
- Moonlight Senche-Tiger description
- Senche-Lioness description
- Pride-King Lion description
- Black Mane Lion description
- Black Senche-Lion description
- Senche-Leopard description
- Senche-Leopard Cub description
- Clouded Senche-Leopard description
- Clouded Senche-Leopard Cub description
- Striped Senche-Panther, Crown Store Showcase
- Black Senche-Panther description
- Black Senche-Panther Kitten description