Unlike other dragons, a serpentine dragon's head resembles that of a snake, hence its name. Furthermore, their scales are much smoother and finer than those of other dragons and they have a pronounced underbite.
The combat is the same as that of other dragons. It attacks with both Fire Breath and Frost Breath, and the typical melee skills of the dragon include a tail and wing slams, along with biting at the Dragonborn.
- Sahrotaar, one of Miraak's personal dragon mounts, is used by the Dragonborn to reach Miraak during the quest "At the Summit of Apocrypha."
- Despite having an obviously different cranial structure from other dragons, the serpentine dragons leave behind the same skeleton as regular dragons upon death.
- Serpentine dragons greatly resemble Fell Beasts from J.R.R Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings.
- Serpentine dragons can only be found on Solstheim.
- health meter.
Sometimes, when trying to kill a serpentine dragon, it does not die. Instead, it will continue to fly above without a
- Solution: Use Bend Will on the dragon, it will try to land but instead it will crash and die.
- console may not give souls when killed. Serpentine dragons spawned using the
When in combat, a dragon soul will be absorbed even though the dragon is still alive and hostile. The same visual effects when a soul is absorbed will occur—including the dragon's flesh burning—leaving behind a flying skeletal dragon. It cannot be killed afterwards. Loading a previous save is the only known fix for non-PC versions.
killcommand on the console. Target the dragon and use the command on it before it is fully absorbed. This will fix the bug on future encounters of the same dragon type. This can be fixed with the
- This can be fixed with the