Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Shellbugs cannot be killed by any conventional means, however, they can be mined for Shellbug Chitin and sometimes a random gem. After three pieces of chitin have been mined, the Shellbug dies. The chitin can be used to make a Shellbug Helmet.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Forgotten Vale Cave[edit | edit source]
Behind a hidden door that can be accessed by pulling a rope found at the top of a ramp in the main chamber.
Sharpslope Cave[edit | edit source]
A small gap in the wall near the top of the spiral slope, under three Giant Mushrooms leads to the Shellbug.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If mining is stopped before collecting more than two pieces of chitin, the Shellbug does not die. They also respawn, so three may be collected from each Shellbug every ten days of in-game time.
- They are stationary and do not have any other interactions besides being mined.
- Like ore veins, it is possible to get gems when mining. Shellbugs also emit the "This ore vein is depleted." message.
- Shellbugs cannot be detected using spells such as Detect Life or Aura Whisper.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Shellbug. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- ore vein-type objects. Sometimes, the Shellbug's body may not be interactive and the option to mine does not appear. Solves itself when ten to thirty in-game days pass, as with all
- Shellbug Chitin from the Shellbug, the player will walk right through it, like it is not even there and only part of the scenery, rendering it impossible to mine addition chitin from it, especially if needed for upgrading the quality of the Shellbug Helmet. Sometimes, when returning to mine more
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures||Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|