Shimmermist Cave is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Shimmermist cave is a simple linear cave system consisting of three main rooms. It is part of a larger cave system like many other Falmer caves. In parts of the cave, the ceiling is covered with blue and white glowing deposits.
The first area has a rock bridge over a pool of water with a small waterfall. A ramp leads down into the water, but there is nothing of interest there. A leveled creature prowls the area, such as a skeever or frostbite spider. Further down the tunnel is a larger chamber with a sole Falmer as a lookout on the second level. There is a trip wire to a claw trap at the entrance to deal with.
Below is a small alcove with dead bandits. To the left is a chest and tent on the way up to the upper level where the Falmer is. There is a rock with Falmer weapons, helmets and chaurus eggs on the northern edge of the upper level. The final chamber has another Falmer and (depending on level) one Dwarven Centurion. There is a chest just to the left of the tunnel to Shimmermist Grotto.
- Possible location in the Family Heirloom quest.
- Possible location of the Companions quests Rescue Mission and Trouble in Skyrim.
- Falmer blood for Discerning the Transmundane.
- Most of this cave system can be bypassed by using Whirlwind Sprint in the first chamber with the waterfall to go directly to the last room in Shimmermist Grotto.
- There are large amounts of alchemical ingredients to be collected here.
This section contains bugs related to Shimmermist Cave. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The Falmer and Dwarven Centurion in the Shimmermist Grotto and all the Falmers, Chaurus and loot will respawn, but the mushrooms may not.