Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Speak with Odral Helvi
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Once the Nerevarine has handed Odral Helvi the money owed by the two farmers in the Ascadian Isles, Helvi will give them one final task to complete. Helvi has begun dealing with a smuggler in Ald'ruhn and wishes that the Nerevarine complete the transaction by taking five pieces of raw ebony to the smuggler's house.
Ebony smuggler[edit | edit source]
As ever, the Nerevarine is faced with a choice when dealing with a task granted by Helvi. Do they proceed with Helvi's wishes and give the ebony to the smuggler, or do they do what would benefit the House more and inform the House Leadership about Helvi's dealings. If the Nerevarine decides to aid Helvi and deliver the ebony, they must speak to Drinar Varyon in his house in Ald'ruhn. Once the five pieces of ebony have been delivered, the Nerevarine must return to Helvi once more to complete the quest.
Attack of the conscience[edit | edit source]
If, however, the Nerevarine decides that Helvi's request is below the pale (bearing in mind that smuggling is illegal in Morrowind, particularly that of its chief export) then they may report it to Crassius Curio in Hlaalu Canton in Vivec City. He will tell the Nerevarine to hand the ebony in to Segunivus Mantedius in the Buckmoth Legion Fort (near to Ald'ruhn) in order to convict both Helvi and Varyon.
To convince Mantedius that the Nerevarine is not involved in the crime, they must tell him the truth about the identity of the intended recipient and that Helvi instructed them to take it. After this, both Helvi and Varyon will be arrested and the Nerevarine must return to Curio to complete the quest.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|Shipment of Ebony – HH_EbonyDelivery|
|10||Odral Helvi asked me to deliver five pieces of raw ebony to Drinar Varyon in Ald'ruhn.
|20||Crassius Curio asked me to deliver the ebony to Segunivus Mantedius at Fort Buckmoth.|
|50||I delivered the ebony to Drinar Varyon.|
|60||I delivered the ebony to Segunivus Mantedius. Odral Helvi will soon be arrested.|
|100||Odral Helvi thanked me for delivering the ebony.
|110||Crassius Curio thanked me for delivering the ebony to Segunivus Mantedius and getting Odral Helvi arrested.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Nerevarine is given 500 by Helvi if they deliver the ebony to Varyon.
- The ebony does not have to be in the Nerevarine's inventory when speaking to Mantedius.
- This allows the Nerevarine to keep the five pieces.
- A bug also means that these pieces will not affect the Nerevarine's carry weight (as they weigh nothing).
- The Nerevarine may also tell Mantedius that they are licensed to trade ebony.
- He will allow them to go about their business.
- It is likely that Curio suggested to the Nerevarine (after completing "An Admiring Sponsor") that they work for Helvi in order to remove Helvi from House Hlaalu's affairs.