Description[edit | edit source]
The Dunmer people, the natives of Morrowind, have shrines in all their temples across Vvardenfell dedicated to their Saints and gods. Shrines are three-sided small trioliths, most shrines have one side decorated with the image of a saint of the Tribunal Temple. Similarly, in the Imperial faith, altars may be used to heal; they are known as Healing Altars. To receive the blessing of a shrine, the faithful may make offerings, often in the form of ingredients or a small amount of . The faithful of high ranks, in the Imperial Cult or in the Tribunal Temple, respectively, do not need to make offerings to receive a blessing.
Tribunal Shrines[edit | edit source]
They also, all have a unique effect:
- Shrine of St. Aralor — If activated, it will confer 'Aralor's Intervention' which temporarily increases Personality by 5 points.
- Shrine of St. Delyn — If activated, it will confer 'Shield of St. Delyn' which temporarily increases Resist Blight Disease by 10%.
- Shrine of St. Felms — If activated, it will confer 'Felms' Glory' which temporarily increases Restoration by 5 points.
- Shrine of St. Llothis — If activated, it will confer 'The Rock of Llothis' which temporarily fortifies Willpower by 5 points.
- Shrine of St. Meris — If activated, it will confer 'Meris' Warding' which temporarily increases Resist Corprus Disease by 20%.
- Shrine of St. Nerevar — If activated, it will confer 'Spirit of Nerevar' which temporarily fortifies Fatigue by 20 points.
- Shrine of St. Olms — If activated, it will confer 'Olms' Benediction' which temporarily increase Resist Common Disease by 20%.
- Shrine of St. Rilms — If activated, it will confer 'Rilm's Grace' which temporarily fortifies Endurance by 5 points.
- Shrine of St. Roris — If activated, it will confer 'Roris' Bloom' which temporarily fortifies Health by 5 points.
- Shrine of St. Seryn — If activated, it will confer 'Seryn's Shield' which temporarily increases Resist Poison by 20%.
- Shrine of St. Veloth — If activated, it has two extra blessings to chose from, it will confer 'Veloth's Indwelling' which temporarily fortifies Magicka by 10 points or 'Almsivi Restoration' which restores all Attributes by 100 points.
- Shrine of Vivec's Fury — If activated, it will confer 'Vivec's Fury' which temporarily fortifies Attack by 5 points.
- Shrine of the Tribunal — Which have three sides that can be activated, if activated, it will confer one of the following: 'Lady's Grace': Fortify Endurance, 'Soul of Sotha Sil': Fortify Magicka, 'Vivec's Mystery': Fortify Luck and 'Almsivi Restoration': Restore Attributes and Skills.
Temple shrine locations[edit | edit source]
In most Temples and Ancestral tombs, located throughout Vvardenfell, one of the above shrines can be found. The following is the list of temples containing all the shrines, and the relatively unique shrines:
- Ghostgate Temple
- Holamayan Monastery
- Magic Rock
- Mount Assarnibibi Shrine
- Mount Kand Shrine
- Mournhold TempleTR
- Sanctus Shrine
- Shrine of Justice
- Shrine of Kummu
- Shrine of Pride
- Shrine of Valor
- Vivec City
Healing Altars[edit | edit source]
In the Imperial Cult, shrines are known as altars, which have a similar functions. All altars provide a choice of spells:
- Cure Common Disease on Other
- Cure Blight Disease
- Cure Poison on Touch
- Restore choice
Altar locations[edit | edit source]
Healing altars are found in:
- Ald'ruhn's Mages Guild
- Buckmoth Legion Fort
- Ebonheart, Imperial Chapels
- Fort Frostmoth's Imperial shrineBM
- Gnisis' Fort Darius
- Moonmoth Legion Fort
- Mournhold, Royal Palace's Imperial Cult ServicesTR
- Pelagiad's Fort Pelagiad
- Sadrith Mora's Wolverine Hall, Imperial Shrine
- Vivec, Foreign Quarter's Canalworks
Daedric Shrines[edit | edit source]
Across Vvardenfell, many Daedric shrines can be found, along with their hostile worshipers. These are usually large, oddly shaped buildings, or in some cases just a simple statue. Among these shrines, there are seven unique shrines. If the Nerevarine interacts with them, they will initiate one of the several Daedric quests.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn, the Dunmer of Solstheim, after returning to their old gods, have a shrine to Azura, a shrine to Boethiah and a shrine to Mephala. These can be found in Raven Rock's Temple.