The Skeleton is one of the creatures encountered in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Skeletons are animated by necromancy, a practice of magic that manipulates the dead. The skeleton has the same abilities and equipment as when the original owner was alive. Skeletons wield various equipment from claymores or axes to bows and may carry enchanted weapons.
Physiognomy[edit | edit source]
Skeletons and other undead such as zombies are all human-like, although there are ten different playable races. The lack of racial variation in skeletons may be explained by time restraints or a simple oversight by Bethesda Softworks. The tails of Argonians and Khajiit, or the massive physical structure of Orc does not appear in undead.
Marksman training[edit | edit source]
Skeletons make excellent targets for Marksman due to their lack of fleshy parts; all arrows fired at them still do normal damage, but will ricochet off of the skeleton's bones, falling to the ground. Once the skeleton is defeated, every arrow that fired can be retrieved from the ground. The only chance of losing an arrow is if it falls to an unreachable place or fades out normally.
Special abilities[edit | edit source]
One type of skeleton, Skeleton Champion, has the power to summon Skeleton Guardian. The Champion only appears to be able to summon once though, so once his minion skeleton is defeated the Champion will not summon another minion.
General stats[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Strengths[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Types[edit | edit source]
- Skeleton (Wields an iron or steel war axe or iron bow)
- Skeleton Guardian (Stronger than normal skeletons, wields a steel or silver mace and a steel shield)
- Skeleton Hero (Stronger than Skeleton Guardians, wields a bow or battle axe)
- Skeleton Champion (Stronger than Skeleton Heroes, wields a claymore which may be enchanted)
Subtypes[edit | edit source]
Unique[edit | edit source]
- Lord Kain – Introduced in the Fighter's Stronghold official plug-in.
- Bregor the Cremator – Found in Ebrocca, Crematorium in the The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles official plug-in.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|