Location[edit | edit source]
Skyborn Altar is located east-southeast of Morthal, south-southwest of Dawnstar, atop a mountain. The easiest way to get to Skyborn Altar is to travel to Labyrinthian and head southeast, passing under an arch. After reaching a green clearing, turn east and head up a gradual path and some stairs.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Miscellaneous Quest[edit | edit source]
The bar owner in Morthal tells the Dragonborn about a bounty letter from the Morthal guards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When fighting the dragon at this altar, it is advisable not to bring the fight to the top of the clifftop, since the dragon's corpse can ragdoll all the way down the cliff, making it difficult to loot. Fighting the dragon at the altar's foot is an effective strategy, as it forces the dragon to lower its altitude or land to get a clear shot.
- If approached before the "Dragon Rising" quest is completed, this location will be host to a Wispmother and her Wisps, as well as a sacrificial table with a shrine of Akatosh on it.
- There is a dead adventurer at the Word Wall.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Skyborn Altar. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
When approaching the Word Wall, the word for Frost Breath may animate as being obtained; however, the word will not appear in the list of shouts, and thus cannot be learned.
- Alternatively, one may be unable to obtain the word at all.
- soul from the dragon's corpse. When coming back to this location several times, it will be impossible to receive the
- Skyborn Altar may not show as being "cleared."