Skyforge Steel weapons are identical in appearance to regular steel weapons. The damage rating of Skyforge Steel weapons is in the tier of Elven weaponry while the weight is the same as Steel. Skyforge Steel weapons benefit from the Steel Smithing perk.
The Dragonborn receives a free Skyforge Steel weapon of their choice from Eorlund Gray-Mane after completing the quest "Proving Honor" for The Companions. Like Steel weapons, they have Nordic runes and artwork engraved upon them, particularly around the hilt.
Attributes by pieceEdit
The following is a list of the Skyforge weapons Eorlund has for sale.
|Skyforge Steel Battleaxe||21||21||150||0009f25f|
|Skyforge Steel Dagger||8||2.5||25||0009f25d|
|Skyforge Steel Greatsword||20||17||140||0009f25e|
|Skyforge Steel Sword||11||10||70||0009f25c|
|Skyforge Steel War Axe||12||12||80||0009f260|
When Eorlund Gray-Mane is asked for a Skyforge Steel Weapon after the aforementioned Companions quest Proving Honor, he will comment on the player's choice.
- "A blade! It shall be as sharp as Fralia's tongue." – When asked for a Skyforge Steel Sword.
- "Ah, the sneaky type, eh? I think we can fix you right up." – When asked for a Skyforge Steel Dagger.
- "Just like Ysgramor himself." – When asked for a Skyforge Steel Battleaxe.
- "Sure you can handle it? Ha! Of course you can." – When asked for a Skyforge Steel Greatsword.
- "Now that's a smart weapon. Light, strong, useful. Crack some skulls for me." – When asked for a Skyforge Steel War Axe.
- After completing any blacksmith's introduction to Smithing, the corresponding blacksmith may tell you: "Maybe you'll remember me when you're making Skyforge Steel, huh?"
- Skyforge Steel can be purchased from Eorlund Gray-Mane after the Dragonborn has become a member of the Companions.
- Skyforge Steel weapons cannot be crafted by the player, as the only "unique" weapons that the Skyforge can craft are Nord Hero weapons.
- All except the dagger can be improved by using a grindstone and a Steel Ingot.
- Skyforge Steel warhammers and maces do not exist.
- All the members of the Gray-Mane family carry a Skyforge Steel weapon, instead of an ordinary Steel weapon.
- The only way to obtain Skyforge Steel Weapons is to purchase from Eorlund, or to take them from someone who already owns a Skyforge Steel Weapon (or found in the chest under the Skyforge after joining the Companions).
- A Skyforge Steel Greatsword will be dropped by Farkas during the "Proving Honor" quest once he transforms. Upon changing back, Farkas equips an Iron Greatsword in its place, leaving the Skyforge Steel Greatsword free to be taken.
- If in Whiterun, Cicero will express a desire to have a Skyforge Steel weapon: "Cicero wants some Skyforge Steel! Sharp, sharp, for easy stabbing!"
This section contains bugs related to Skyforge Steel. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The Skyforge Steel Dagger cannot be improved at a grindstone because no valid recipe exists.
|Weapon classes in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
|Arrows • Bolts (DG) • Bows • Crossbows (DG) • Battleaxes • Daggers • Greatswords • Maces • Swords • War Axes • Warhammers|
|Ancient Nord Weapons • Daedric Weapons • Dragonbone Weapons (DG) • Dwarven Weapons • Ebony Weapons • Elven Weapons|
Falmer Weapons • Forsworn Weapons • Glass Weapons • Imperial Weapons • Iron Weapons • Lunar Weapons • Nord Hero Weapons • Nordic Weapons (DB)
Orcish Weapons • Silver Weapons • Skyforge Steel Weapons • Stalhrim Weapons (DB) • Steel Weapons
|Staves • Enchanted Weapons • Unique Weapons • Console Commands|
|Archery • One-Handed • Two-Handed|