Sorine Jurard is a Breton and expert on Dwemer technology. She becomes the weapons specialist in the Dawnguard, mainly in crossbows. She uses her knowledge on Dwemer technology to aid in upgrading the Dawnguard's crossbows and bolts.
She was an old associate of Isran many years ago, but left on bad terms when he made it clear he didn't need her help any longer. After she left, she pursued her interest in Dwemer technology and was last reported to being somewhere in The Reach, attempting to uncover a large Dwemer ruin.
Isran tasks the Dragonborn to recruit Sorine into the Dawnguard. She can be found west of Druadach Redoubt and south of Darkfall Cave. When first met she complains that she cannot find her satchel of Dwarven gyros and suspects that mudcrabs may have stolen them. She asks the Dragonborn to retrieve either the stolen sack or find a single gyro for her. Upon completion of the quest, she can be found at Fort Dawnguard, having traded her leather armor in for Dawnguard Armor.
Sorine will explain that she has located a schematic that can provide a new upgrade or ammunition type for the crossbow. She asks the Dragonborn to retrieve it from a radiant location, typically a Dwarven Ruin or Bandit stronghold. Once the schematic has been delivered, she will teach the Dragonborn how to craft the item, provided the corresponding Smithing perk has been unlocked. Access to additional weaponry and ammunition will be granted for the Dragonborn, though none of the Dawnguard will be seen taking advantage of this as well.
At Fort Dawnguard, she serves as a general goods merchant, and notably sells around 200 steel bolts at a time. She can also provide training in Archery to the master level. Once her "Ancient Technology" quests are completed, she will start selling the new weapons and ammunition in her inventory.
It is possible for the Dragonborn to acquire a large number of steel bolts from her even if they sided with the vampires by using the following exploit. First, the quest "Destroying the Dawnguard" must be active. Before going to the fort, however, create a potion of Fortify Illusion. Now go inside the fort, drink the potion, and cast the Master-level spell Harmony. If the potion is powerful enough, the Dawnguard will not fight the Dragonborn and will, moreover, allow them to talk and shop with them. This exploit can be used to buy an Armored Troll, a crossbow, bolts, and Spell Tomes that are otherwise exclusive to the Dawnguard.
|Show: A New Order|
|In The Reach:
"Just one gyro. One, and I can get back to work. Where are they?"
If approached again:
"I guess I'll see you at Fort Dawnguard."
After arriving in Fort Dawnguard:
"Well this isn't exactly a palace, is it? Still, it's sturdy secure and seems defensible. I suppose I'd rather be here than most other places in Skyrim. If Isran needs me, it must be pretty bad. I wonder what we're up against here."
"Don't get yourself killed!"
|Show: Ancient Technology|
|Inside Fort Dawnguard:
"Hope you're getting along with Isran. He takes some getting used to."
After retrieving the Enhanced Crossbow Schematic:
I'm back fromwith the Enhanced Crossbow Schematic. "You've back and alive to boot! Fantastic. Hmmm... I see. Clever dwarves. With a similar technique and a little tinkering I should be able to improve the capabilities of our crossbows. I often wonder where we'd be if the Dwemer were still around. Ah well. We'll have to manage with the scraps we find. Here. Let me show you how it's made... Assuming you have the smithing skills, you should be able to make this yourself at Gunmar's forge. Either way, I'll have some for sale soon."
After obtaining the Dwemer Exploding Fire Bolt Schematic:
I'm back fromwith the Dwemer Exploding Fire Bolt Schematic. "Ooh, good. I was just starting to get bored. Would you look at that. An exploding crossbow bolt. This should be fun! Here. Let me show you how this works... I'll have some for sale soon."
After obtaining the Dwemer Exploding Ice Bolt Schematic:
I'm back fromwith the Dwemer Exploding Ice Bolt Schematic. "Let's see what you've got there. I see... similar to the exploding bolt, only this one will cause damage while splintering shards of ice sharp as glass. Charming! Here. Let me show you how it's made... Assuming you have the smithing skills, you should be able to make this yourself at Gunmar's forge. Either way, I'll have some for sale soon."
After obtaining the Dwemer Exploding Shock Bolt Schematic:
I'm back fromwith the Dwemer Exploding Shock Bolt Schematic. "Back already? Can't wait. Let's see... Ooh! This diagram explains how to fashion a bolt that will send a jolt of shock through whatever it hits. Testing this will require some extra precautions, I think. Here. Let me show you how this works... I'll have some for sale soon."
After obtaining the Dwarven Crossbow Schematic:
I'm back fromwith the Dwarven Crossbow Schematic. "You never disappoint. What've you got there? Is it really... it is! I was hoping we'd find this. It's a diagram for a dwemer crossbow. Much more sophisticated, and powerful, than the ones we use. Here. Let me show you how it's made... Assuming you have the smithing skills, you should be able to make this yourself at Gunmar's forge. Either way, I'll have some for sale soon."
After obtaining the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow Schematic:
I'm back fromwith the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow Schematic. "You never disappoint. What've you got there? Now this is a find! Plans for improving the Dwemer crossbow. This should add some extra punch to an already devastating weapon. Here. Let me show you how this works... I'll have some for sale soon."
Gunmar: "All right Isran, you've got us all here. Now what do you want?"
Isran: "Hold it right there."
Sorine: "What are you doing?"
Isran: "Making sure you're not vampires. Can't be too careful. So, welcome to Fort Dawnguard. I'm sure you've heard a bit of what we're up against. Powerful vampires, unlike anything we've seen before. And they have an Elder Scroll. If anyone is going to stand in their way, it's going to be us."
Sorine: "This is all well and good, but do we actually know anything about what they're doing? What do we do now?"
Isran: "We'll get to that. For now, get acquainted with the space. Sorine, you'll find room to start your tinkering on that crossbow design you've been working on. Gunmar, there's an area large enough for you to pen up some trolls, get them armored up and ready for use. In the meantime, we're going to get to the bottom of why a vampire showed up here looking for . Let's go have a little chat with it, shall we?"
- "Just one gyro. One, and I can get back to work. Where are they?"
- "I hope you're getting along with Isran. He takes some getting used to."
- "I like what Isran has done with the place. It's good to see someone else who's really prepared."
- "Very few people appreciate all the horrible things that can happen to you if you're not being cautious."
- "I think we have a better chance at surviving here, don't you?"
- "There are at least 30 different ways of being attacked and killed in your own home at any given moment"
- She can be heard having interesting and informative conversations with Gunmar, mostly about other members of the Dawnguard. Some of the things they mention would probably not be received well by other members, so this may indicate a certain trust between them.
- She's voiced by Colleen Delany.
- In her original armor, she is wearing Light, in Fort Dawnguard she wears Heavy Armor.
- Her Satchel is not very far from her so it is possible that mudcrabs took it. It is found down on the shore.
- Being both a merchant and a master trainer of Archery, she can be used to increase the Archery skill and the gold can be taken back through trading. This makes her a better choice for training than Niruin.
This section contains bugs related to Sorine Jurard. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- After completing the first quest of Ancient Technology, she might not offer any more of the quests in the chain.
- She may attack upon approaching her. Re-loading last save, waiting 48 in-game hours then going back to her again will allow the quest to proceed as normal.
- If other Dawnguard members have been asked for side quests and they do not have any, they will ask the Dragonborn to speak to Gunmar or Sorine, thus starting two miscellaneous quests. The miscellaneous quest where Sorine has been spoken to will appear even if all of her quests are completed. When asked for a quest, she will tell the Dragonborn to talk to Gunmar but her miscellaneous quest will permanently remain in the quest log unless the last save has been reloaded.