- Weight: 1
- Value: 46
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- During the quest "Unbound," a Sparks tome is found in a cage with a dead mage in the torture room of Helgen Keep, after escaping the dragon attack at the beginning of the game. Follow either Hadvar or Ralof to the keep to receive a brief tutorial in Lockpicking, which provides access to this item as well as the novice robes, novice hood, a potion of magicka and some gold.
- All Dunmer characters start the game knowing this spell.
- Court Wizards sell the tome.
- May be found on spellcasting enemies, such as Draugr, Forsworn, mages, etc.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells the tome.
- Lucan Valerius in Riverwood sells the tome.
- May be sold by general goods merchants.
- The Augmented Shock perk boosts the damage by 25% at first rank, and 50% the second.
- The Disintegrate perk will turn a target to ash if they are at 10% health or below.
- The Novice Destruction perk lowers the magicka cost by half.
- Dunmer characters start the game with Sparks. The tome encountered in "Unbound" does not change to another spell despite this.
- The Caller can dual wield Sparks during the battle with her at Fellglow Keep if the player is a low level when encountering her.
- Thalmor wizards, Novice Shock Mages, and Electromancers commonly use this spell.
This section contains bugs related to Sparks (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Players may not be able to deselect spells, Sparks being one of them. It shows up as either R. One possible solution is listed below:
- Tab-open the magic index and assign a couple of spells as favorites (using the F key)
- Go back to the game and open the favorites index (key Q)
- Assign numbers from 1–9 to each spell
- Go back to the game and double tap the number of a spell (i.e. Flames) so it will be assigned to the both hands. Notice how the glitched spell has been substituted by the double-tapped spell
- Tap a different number to assign a different spell to the left hand (ie Lesser Ward). You can see that your right hand has Flames and the left has Lesser Ward.
- Dragons may not attack if under the effect of Sparks.
- This may be used while holding an object that can be held and used on it to create the effect that Telekinesis has objects.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|