The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Effects[edit | edit source]
The staff of chain lightning inflicts shock damage on enemies with a unique stagger effect, emulating the destruction spell Chain Lightning. Charge consumed by the staff's use is reduced by higher Destruction skill.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Found as a world item, or as random loot.
- Can be purchased from mages at the College of Winterhold.
- With the addition of the Dawnguard add-on, some Falmer may wield a version of this staff with a different appearance.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The recharge of the staff is the same as greater soul gems. This is the same as the Staff of Fireballs and the Staff of Ice Storms, but a little bit less uses since Chain Lightning drains more staff energy that is similar to magicka.
- The staff has the impact effect, meaning it will stagger most enemies. Because of the chain effect, with careful timing, its user can keep multiple opponents off balance and thus unable to retaliate or heal, making it an immensely powerful weapon.
- The impact effect of the staff is permanent. It does not require any perk to be unlocked.
- This is the only staff that has impact effect in the entire game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.