- Target takes 25 points of damage, and twice as much Magicka damage.
- The recharge capacity of this staff is the same as common soul gems' recharge capacity.
- This staff has a very high firing rate. Most staves require the Dragonborn to hold the attack button a short time before release, whereas this one has a much shorter required time.
- This is the only Destruction staff that uses the model of a Restoration staff.
- Tolfdir may pick up this staff during combat. He will sell it, however.
- It is also possible for a follower to pick up the staff. However, one can get it for free by trading with them.
- The staff is unique from regular shock spells due to it dealing twice as much Magicka damage than regular damage, instead of only half.
- Oddly, the staff description does not mention that it deals shock damage, when it clearly shoots electricity.
- Even if wearing apparel that reduces the cost of casting Destruction spells by 100%, the staff still requires recharging.
- Since the staff does 50 points of Magicka damage per second, it is ideal for when mages run out of Magicka and want to reduce their enemy's Magicka pool.
This section contains bugs related to Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The staff potentially cannot be stored in a display case; if it is placed in one it will appear floating in the air nearby.
- Jyrik Gauldurson to use this staff against the Dragonborn. It is possible for
- It may be impossible to pick up. If so, use Unrelenting Force or a spell that moves objects and then the 'take' option will appear.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.