The staff of Magnus is considered to be a "metaphysical battery of sorts for its creator, Magnus. When used, it absorbs an enemy's health and mystical energy." It is said that, "in time, the staff will abandon the mage who wields it before he becomes too powerful and upsets the mystical balance it is sworn to protect". The Staff itself has appeared in four of the five main Elder Scrolls games to date, with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion being the only one it did not appear in.
Role in history
- Recover the Staff of Magnus - a quest in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind to recover this artifact
- Fill up the Museum - a quest in The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal for recovering various artifacts, one of which is the Staff of Magnus.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena Template:1st
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim