The staff of Magnus is considered to be a "metaphysical battery of sorts for its creator, Magnus. When used, it absorbs an enemy's health and mystical energy." It is said that, "in time, the Staff will abandon the mage who wields it before he becomes too powerful and upsets the mystical balance it is sworn to protect" . The Staff itself has appeared in four of the five main elder scrolls games to date, with only The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion being the only one it did not appear in.
- Recover the Staff of Magnus - A Quest in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind to recover this artifact
- The Staff of Magnus - A Quest in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to recover this artifact.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena Template:1st
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim