The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Boulderfall Cave
- Brittleshin Pass
- Cragwallow Slope
- Falkreath Watchtower
- Fellglow Keep
- Ilinalta's Deep
- Mara's Eye Pond
- Rannveig's Fast
- Southfringe Sanctum
- Sunderstone Gorge
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The effect of the staff is slightly stronger than the effect of the spell Calm.
- When giving the staff to Enthir it is possible to keep it by wielding it when going into dialogue, however it will be considered as a quest item and thus cannot be dropped unless "Arniel's Endeavor" is completed. It can however be placed in a weapon rack to remove it from the inventory or sold to a merchant.
- It can also be kept by buying it back after the Dragonborn gives it to Enthir.
- The staff may be named after Tandil, an Altmer sorcerer encountered at the end of the quest "The Eye of Magnus."
- Despite having the appearance of a standard Destruction staff, it casts an Illusion-type spell once used.
- Sild the Warlock may have the staff in his inventory (after the quest activated). If the Dragonborn killed him and placed his body somewhere (as a thrall) the marker will show to his body instead of radiant locations.
- This staff has the distinction of having the highest amount of charge of all the staves in the game (10 000, twice as much as the closest competitors at 5000), with each use costing close to 500 charge points, giving it 20 uses in total from full. This makes the staff require multiple high quality soul gems to charge.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Staff of Tandil. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- In the quest in which you have to retrieve it, the staff may become unobtainable in the aforementioned locations, even though the quest marker points to one of them.
- Patch 188.8.131.52.4. It is possible the staff remains in the Dragonborn's possession after talking to Enthir (with or without wielding it). This will not be marked as a quest item.
- The staff may become stuck in the Dragonborn's inventory when bringing it to Enthir, and it will be marked as a quest item.
- If placed on a shield rack in Hjerim, it may become stuck in mid air, but still retrievable.
- A Love Beyond Death" is completed before receiving Enthir's quest to find the Staff of Tandil and Ansilvund is the location chosen, the quest will become impossible to complete, as the quest marker will lead to the Ansilvund Burial Chamber but the staff is glitched into the wall and unobtainable. If the quest "
Appearances[edit | edit source]
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.