- Fellglow Keep
- Cragwallow Slope
- Falkreath Watchtower
- Mara's Eye Pond
- Southfringe Sanctum
- Boulderfall Cave
- Sunderstone Gorge
- Brittleshin Pass
- Rannveig's Fast
- Ilinalta's Deep
- The effect of the staff is slightly stronger than the effect of the spell Calm.
- When giving the staff to Enthir it is possible to keep it by wielding it when going into dialogue, however it will be considered as a quest item and thus cannot be dropped unless Arniel's Endeavor is completed. It can however be placed in a weapon rack to remove it from the inventory or sold to a merchant.
- It can also be kept by buying it back after the Dragonborn gives it to Enthir.
- The staff may be named after Tandil, an Altmer sorcerer encountered at the end of the quest "The Eye of Magnus."
- Despite having the appearance of a standard Destruction staff, it casts an Illusion-type spell once used.
- Sild the Warlock may have the staff in his inventory (after the quest activated). If you killed him and place his body somewhere (as a thrall) the marker will show to his body instead of radiant locations.
This section contains bugs related to Staff of Tandil. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- In the quest in which you have to retrieve it, the staff may become unobtainable in the aforementioned locations, even though the quest marker points to one of them.
- Patch 22.214.171.124.4. It is possible the staff remains in the Dragonborn's possession after talking to Enthir (with or without wielding it). This will not be marked as a quest item.
- The staff may become stuck in the Dragonborn's inventory when bringing it to Enthir, and it will be marked as a quest item.
- If placed on a shield rack in Hjerim, it may become stuck in mid air, but still retrievable.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.