It behaves much like an animal follower in that it can only accept basic commands and cannot carry additional items.
Behavior and combatEdit
The automaton will remain in its sphere form when the Dragonborn's weapon is sheathed. Upon unsheathing a weapon or if enemies are nearby, it will expand and attack as normal. It fights much like a regular Dwarven Sphere, using melee attacks and a crossbow.
When its health is close to zero it will stop moving and slightly slump over. This is its version of the normal NPC action of kneeling. Most enemies will ignore it in this state and will allow the sphere to regenerate its health.
- It is one of the only pet-like companions capable of performing a ranged attack, the others being the Riekling and the Steadfast Dwarven Spider.
- Should it be killed, it will respawn after a day. Pulling the lever in front of the place where it was first found and waiting one day will make it respawn.
This section contains bugs related to Steadfast Dwarven Sphere. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Meeko's shack and ask Meeko to follow the Dragonborn. Then, telling Meeko to go home and going back to the Dwarven Sphere will make the option for it to follow appear. The option to tell it to follow does not appear. A fix to this is to go to
- Sometimes if told to follow before finishing the "The Kagrumez Gauntlet," it will turn against the Dragonborn when the next trial is done.
If a companion accidentally attacks the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere, they will fight to the death. The Sphere is usually the winner unless the other companion is marked as essential.
- Fix: Reloading a save, fast traveling before one of them dies, or entering a new area.
- Note: It is advised to save often while having both the Sphere and an NPC as a companion because fighting occurs regularly.
- Magelight on the Steadfast Dwarven Sphere, will cause the game to freeze. Occasionally, casting