- For other uses, see Steel Weapons.
Steel Weapons are among the more common weapons found on mid-range enemies. Steel weapons rank above iron weapons and below elven weapons. The steel weapon family contains axes, warhammers, swords, daggers and maces. Unlike other weapon sets, there is no steel bow; however, steel arrows exist. An upgraded form of steel called "Skyforge Steel" can be bought from Eorlund Gray-Mane once the The Companions have been joined. All steel weapons in Skyrim are engraved with Nordic art patterns and runes, particularly around the hilt.
- Sold by blacksmiths upon reaching a certain level.
- Found as randomized loot in chests and containers, on corpses, or lying about.
- Bandits frequently wield these weapons.
- Smithed with various combinations of leather strips, iron ingots, and steel ingots at a forge. Steel weapons are upgraded using steel ingots.
Attributes by piece
|Piece||Leather Strips||Iron Ingot||Steel Ingot||Firewood||Crossbow||Corundum Ingot||ID|
|Steel Arrow †||10||0||2||0||0||1||1||0||0||0001397F|
|Steel War Axe||9||12||55||2||1||2||0||0||0||00013983|
† Crafting Steel Arrows requires The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard to be installed. Each recipe yields 24 arrows.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades
|Weapon classes in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|