Stonekeep is the first part to the second main quest of The Elder Scrolls: Arena. Now free of the Imperial sewers, the Eternal Champion must complete a favor for Queen Blubamka: they must recover a parchment, which will decipher the Elder Scrolls' location for the Fang Lair. Blubamka also demands the assassination of Golthog the Dark.
Background[edit | edit source]
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Receive Ria Silmane's dream bridge.
- Travel to the city-state of Rihad, in Hammerfell.
- Enter Rihad palace, and speak to Queen Blubamka.
- Retrieve the parchment from Stonekeep.
- Return to Blubamka, and learn the Fang Lair's location.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Dream Bridge[edit | edit source]
The scene changes to Ria's face:
Post-contact, the Champion must converse with pedestrians, mages and priests on the whereabouts of the Fang Lair.
During search, the Champion will be toldFurther directed to the city-state of Rihad, the Champion is to hold audience with Queen Blubamka.
Rihad Palace[edit | edit source]
When seeking audience with Blubamka, she greets the Champion with a task:
The Champion should accept:
Preparation[edit | edit source]
Post-audience, the Champion should buy supplies, and sell what they've collected from the Imperial sewers. Arms and armor are found at Blacksmiths. Potions, magical items and spells are available at the Mages Guild. Potions of Healing and Heal True are extremely useful where rest isn't available, albeit being costly.
The Champion should then travel to Stonekeep.
Stonekeep – Stolen Parchment[edit | edit source]
Stonekeep is located three days north of Rihad. The closest village is Chaseguard, a one day trip.
Stonekeep is not small, however the parchment is luckily near the entrance. The adjacent map displays the most efficient path, but is not beneficial in loot or experience.
Follow the right-hand wall, and enter the last door. Again entering the last door on that side in the new hallway. Enter the room, and jump through the passage in the room's west wall. Descending, there is a group of up to ten Skeletons to be dispatched. The Champion should then swim to the central island, where the parchment resides.
The island is guarded by a number of Ghouls, who cause Disease frequently, more so than rats.
At the center of the island, there are treasure chests with Luck-based loot, which may need to be lockpicked. The parchment lies in the back. After claiming the parchment, a prompt will appear, restating its purpose:
The Champion can then proceed to leave and return to Rihad, or choose to explore Stonekeep further. Stonekeep is relatively low-level, as there are only goblins, Orcs, and sometimes even Lizard Men in the main sections.
There is an iron key on the middle island due south of the entrance that can be used to open a locked door the farthest back of the conference room that is south of the island. If they choose to go further south into Stonekeep, the Champion will encounter large groups of Spiders.
The Champion should eventually find their way out and will head back to Rihad, where Blubamka will celebrate and reveal the Fang Lair's location.
The Elder Scroll[edit | edit source]
Upon returning to Rihad Palace and seeking Blubamka's audience, she greets the Champion:
Signalling the Champion to take their leave, they should continue to the Fang Lair, and to the first piece of the Staff of Chaos.
Journal[edit | edit source]
The ruler of Rihad has marked Stonekeep on your map of the province of Hammerfell...
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During Ria's dream bridge with the Staff of Chaos, the captions appear dark blue, instead of the normal light blue when the Champion speaks to Ria.
- The color resets to light blue when the scene changes.
- This is the first quest in which the Eternal Champion may encounter scripted deaths.
- This includes being paralyzed in water after being hit by a Spider. The Champion drowns subsequently.
- While Golthog the Dark does not appear in Stonekeep, Queen Blubamka celebrates his death upon returning the parchment.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
This section contains bugs related to Stonekeep (Quest). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The first segment of the dream bridge with the Staff of Chaos may not appear, and skip directly to Ria. This does not affect the main quest.