Surely we need to distinguish between the Elder Scrolls in lore and the quest item that is found in the game itself? Why merge 2 seperate types of articles? Jimeee (talk) 13:48, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I don't agree. I think we should keep it like this because if someone wants to see the item, they would look up this. Also, my username is cda081799 I just didn't log in 220.127.116.11 01:02, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
What exactly do you do with the Elder Scroll (Dragon) after the Dawnguard questline? I turned in the Blood and Sun to the Moth Priest, yet the guy at the College of Winterhold doesn't give me the option to buy back the Dragon one. Valyrian (talk) 01:16, July 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Valyrian, I have run into the same problem. Have you come across a solution yet? Lastarael (talk) 03:53, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
Name Change and Bug Confirm Edit
With Dawnguard coming out and changing the name of the Elder Scroll to Elder Scroll (Dragon), I'm recommending that the page get a name change to reflect that.
On another note, in regards to the bug mention of picking up the scroll prior to being sent after it during the Dawnguard questline or Elder Knowledge breaking the game, can anyone actually confirm that is a legitimate bug across all versions of the game? I have 4 'complete' playthroughs to date through the game, and have picked up the Elder Scroll (Dragon) every time while in the progress of completing Discerning the Transmundane and the game has never broken for me. I'd like to hear if anyone else has actually run into this bug or if it is just another case of incorrect/unconfirmed information being posted.
- I support the split so they each have their own page. I could take care of the Skyrim related pages for the Elder Scrolls items, or at least get them started to some degree.
- I propose that the page be split by the games in which they appear. Sufficient information exists to prevent these separate pages from becoming perma-stubs. Splitting the articles could help us maintain focus without confusing our readers. As an editor, I am confused by the current state of our Elder Scroll articles. These are the titles I propose:
- Elder Scroll (Lore)
- Elder Scroll (Oblivion item)
- Elder Scroll (Skyrim item)
- Elder Scroll (Dawnguard item)
- Please let me know if this idea would be beneficial or disadvantageous in your opinions. --—Deyvid Petteys (bother \ stalk) 02:15, July 18, 2012 (UTC)