- Looting Spriggan corpses.
- Arch-Mage's Quarters at the College of Winterhold.
- One is in the alchemy room (second floor) of the Hall of Countenance at the College of Winterhold.
- In Fort Sungard Muster, near the fireplace.
- Two are in the Nightcaller Temple in the alchemy room, on shelves (where Vaermina's Torpor is located).
- At the end of Soljund's Sinkhole, on the table.
- Can be purchased from alchemists' shops.
- May be found on Falmer and hostile mages.
- Inside Mzinchaleft, in a bucket along with a green apple, a red apple, and a potato.
- Two can be found in the alchemy lab of Severin Manor in Raven Rock.DR
|Weakness to Magic||Fortify Illusion||Regenerate Magicka||Restore Magicka|
† Multiple effects
- It is shaped like a spriggan's heart.
- Dwarven Oil has exactly the same effects.
- What appear to be taproots are often seen hanging in Hagraven lairs, but they cannot be collected.
- Taproots are the same appearance-wise when collected from all variants of Spriggans.
- In real life, taproots are roots that plunge deep into the ground to obtain nutrients and water for the plant or tree.
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.