The Imperial presence in Hjaalmarch has been successfully undermined due to falsified orders delivered to Legate Taurinus Duilis. Lulled into a false sence of security, the Legate did not dispatch the much needed reinforcements to Fort Snowhawk as requested. Galmar Stone-Fist's orders are to bolster the forces preparing for an attack on Fort Snowhawk. Once the fort has been taken it will be garrisoned and the liberation of Hjaalmarch can be secured.
- Join the Men Attacking the Fort
- Take Over the Fort by Defeating the Enemy
Join the men attacking the fort
Fort Snowhawk is located due west of Morthal, across the river. The Stormcloak forces have mustered on a ridge overlooking the fork. Approaching the commander will launch a two-pronged attack on the fort.
Take over the fort by defeating the enemy
Currently Imperials garrison the fort. They line the ramparts on approach and barricades slow progress towards the gate. Once the barricades have been sundered, the player can rush the courtyard and gain access to the walls. The player can fight the entire battle on the exterior courtyards and ramparts without entering the interior at all. Once the enemy has been neutralized, the fort will be captured and the mission complete. The Dragonborn will then report back to Ulfric Stormcloak and inform him of the victory.
- Sometimes when you start the quest, you can not fast travel to Fort Snowhawk using the quest menu. (This is your first clue that your mission may be bugged).
- When you get to Fort Snowhawk there is the quest arrow where you need to "check in" but no one is there, though going and standing over the arrow will sometimes advance the quest.
- If you find out that there are no soldiers in the fort you will be stuck on this quest and unable to move forward. If this happens, go the Jarl of Morthal, Idgrod Ravencrone and attack her till she goes down on one knee. This can sometimes make the quest complete itself and make it so you are able to move on in the quest line. (You shouldn't get attacked by her guards if you do this).