- Retrieve the item from the wealthy home in the city
- Return the item to Vex
The Burglary Job is a series of quests that are given by Vex of the Thieves Guild. She will ask the Dragonborn to acquire certain items from differing locations around Skyrim.
|List of Targets for the quest|
This quest is a radiant quest, therefore each objective is randomly assigned to the Dragonborn. This is an incomplete list of possible locations:
|The Burglary Job – TGRBE|
|10||I've been told to retrieve the <Alias=ItemToGet> from <Alias=WealthyHome> in <Alias=City>. I need to complete this job without killing any of the location's residents or getting caught and spending time in jail.
|50||I've retrieved the <Alias=ItemToGet> from <Alias=WealthyHouse> in <Alias=City>
|200||I've successfully complete the job and received my share of the pay.
|250||During the course of this task, I was arrested and sent to the local jail. I've therefore failed the job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.
|By killing a resident at the task's location, I've failed this job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.
|Before the task could be completed, I decided to quit. I've therefore failed the job and forfeited any pay I might have received.
- These are side quests and do not play a major role in the Thieves Guild main storyline. They are required, however, in order to become the guildmaster.
- Due to the location of Heimskr's House in Whiterun, it is extremely difficult to get in without being noticed. It is best to wait until Heimskr is inside his house and asleep or the Dragonborn will be spotted.
- Even though the target objects are stolen, they are not marked as stolen in inventory.
- Heimskr's House may also become a target. However, if the quest is triggered after completion of the quest Battle for Whiterun, it will be impossible to complete, as there is no longer any way to enter.
- In the quests where the Golden Urn or the Jeweled Candlestick (Solitude) must be stolen, upon returning to Vex, she explains that the Dragonborn 'got caught' or 'got arrested' and the quest will be failed even if they did not get actually get caught or arrested.
- console command
set TGRFailArrestVex to 0. One can work around the issue by entering the
- console command
- The above bug can also be encountered in radiant quests for Markarth resulting in the quest failing despite the Dragonborn neither being seen or arrested.