The Elder Scrolls: Legends (stylized as The Elder Scrolls: LEGENDS™) is a free-to-play digital card game spin-off of The Elder Scrolls franchise. Announced at E3 2015 during Bethesda's Press Conference. It is avaliable on PC, Mac, Android and iOS. Although it was initially planned for release in Fall 2015, the game was officially released for PC on March 9th, 2017.
A storymode expansion called The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood was released on April 5th, 2017, while the Heroes of Skyrim non-storymode expansion was released on June 29th, 2017. Another storymode expansion called Return to Clockwork City was released on November 30th, 2017. Another non-storymode expansion called Houses of Morrowind was released on April 5th, 2018. A story-based expansion called Isle of Madness was released on January 24th, 2019. A pack-based expansion called Alliance War was released on April 15, 2019. Another expansion called Moons of Elsweyr will be released on June 27th, 2019.
The game features both multiplayer gamemodes, consisting of regular battles and versus arena, and singleplayer gamemodes, consisting of the main campaign, solo arena, and practice mode.
- Enemies – A list of the opposing enemies and their decks
- Game Modes
After character creation, the following cutscene will begin:
Kellen: "The Elder Scrolls show us what was, and what yet will be. And they have revealed much to me."
Isha: "Spare us your stories, old man, unless they can sharpen spears. Our warchief is dying. Our enemies are massing for another attack. We must prepare for battle."
Nagh: "We should go, Kellen. We have the scroll we came for, and this one smells blood in the wind."
Kellen: "Patience Nagh, I have words yet to speak here. Stories can do surprising things, spearmaiden, whether they are true or not. And this is one you should hear. It comes from the Great War that nearly ended the empire. It began when the High Elves slaughtered every Imperial Blade. Calling themselves the new Aldmeri Dominion, they and their allies swept through the land... even capturing the Imperial City itself. The emperor fled north, leaving Cyrodiil to the invaders. This is the story of a forgotten hero who changed the very course of history."
The transition to another cutscene will then occur:
At the game's E3 announcement, it was planned to be release in Fall 2015, though this was later postponed to 2016 and eventually 2017. Bethesda's Vice President Pete Hines said in an interview that the game will have a beta. Initially, the beta was to be closed and only a select few beta testers will be permitted, but it was planned that over time the number of beta testers will increase. Following that, the game will have an open beta.
On April 21, 2016, Bethesda announced more details on Legends and launched sign-ups for the closed beta, though content would be under a Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA). The Legends brand manager has stated they will be adding more people over time. Pete Hines has also stated that the NDA will be dropped before open beta. On July 27, 2016, Bethesda announced that the NDA would be lifted, so players would be free to discuss and share the content of the beta freely. On August 4th, the game entered open beta stage. The game was released for iPad in Canada on October 6th, 2016 for public testing. It was stated that small regional releases would be done to make sure the game worked properly on platforms, before releasing the game worldwide.
- Operating System – Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
- Processor – Intel Pentium D or AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2
- Video – NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB) or better
- Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 3 GB available HD space
- Internet – Broadband Internet connection
- Input – Keyboard and mouse
- Resolution – 1280 x 720 minimum display resolution
- Operating System – iOS 7.1 or later
- Size – 1.10 GB
- Compatibility – Compatible with iPad
- Operating System – Android 4.4 or later
- Update 2.4 – lowered to Android 4.3 or later
- Size – 1.20 GB
- An additional 400 MB for Heroes of Skyrim expansion
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Elder Scrolls: Legends - E3 2015 Teaser Trailer
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dire Wolf Blogpost
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Official Website
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Elder Scrolls: Legends – Full PC Launch, New Platforms, Expansions & More
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Legends on the Canadian App Store ― Apple
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls Legend Cards Game Announced - IGN
- ↑ Bethesda's E3 2015 Stream (Twitch version)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Sidebar of Legends PAX Arena at PAX West 2016 article ― Bethesda Blog
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls: Legends’ Will Have A Surprise Release Date)
- ↑ Legends Delayed - Pete Hines, Twitter
- ↑ Bethesda Marketing VP Discusses Elder Scrolls: Legends
- ↑ First details on Legends revealed. Sign up for Closed Beta, it starts today! - Pete Hines, Reddit
- ↑ Bethesda on Twitter - Take a tour of the #TESLegends site, featuring articles, artwork, and more!
- ↑ AJ "SOLIDAge" LaSaracina, Brand Manager - Reddit
- ↑ Pete Hines on the NDA removal - Pete Hines, Reddit
- ↑ Bethesda on NDA Removal, Reddit
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls: Legends Enters Open Beta - Bethesda
- ↑ Regional release plans ― Brand Manager AJ "SOLIDAge" LaSaracina, Reddit
|Gameplay||Keywords • Lanes • Attributes • Races • Classes • Game Modes|
|Content||Cards • Story • Card Packs • Decks|
|Arena • Daggerfall • Morrowind (Tribunal | Bloodmoon) • Oblivion • (Knights of the Nine | Shivering Isles)|
Skyrim (Dawnguard | Hearthfire | Dragonborn | Special Edition | Very Special Edition) • VI
|Battlespire • Redguard • Eye of Argonia • Paradise Sugar|
Travels (Stormhold | Dawnstar | Shadowkey | Oblivion Mobile | Travels: Oblivion) • Online (DLC | Online: Morrowind | Summerset | Elsweyr)
Legends (Expansions) • Blades • Call to Arms
|Arena Manual • Codex Scientia • Daggerfall Manual • The Daggerfall Chronicles|
Battlespire User's Guide • Battlespire Athenaeum • The Redguard Companion • Morrowind Manual
The Morrowind Prophecies • Oblivion Game Guide • Skyrim Game Guide • Hero's Guides to The Elder Scrolls Online
|The Origin of Cyrus! • The Infernal City • Lord of Souls • The Art of Skyrim • Tales of Tamriel (The Land | The Lore)|
The Skyrim Library (The Histories | Man, Mer, and Beast | The Arcane)