- For other uses, see Summerset.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is the second chapter for The Elder Scrolls Online. It was released on May 21, 2018 for PC and Mac and on June 5, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This expansion takes place on the main isle of Summerset and the hidden island of Artaeum in the Summerset Isles. This expansion can only be purchased with real-world currency, not crowns, and will not be available to ESO Plus members automatically. Players who pre-purchased the game also gained access to the Nightmare Senche Mount available for use. It was released on ZeniMax's Public Test Server on April 16, 2018.
- The region of Summerset, which is larger than Vvardenfell.
- A new trial: Cloudrest, the home of the Welkynar Gryphon Riders.
- Join the Psijic Order and level up the new Skill Line.
- Jewelry Crafting: Be able to create Jewelry like any other armor, even with different Item Sets like Hunding's Rage.
- Abyssal Geysers: New group challenges scattered throughout Summerset.
- Main article: Summerset (Online)
- Main article: Characters (Summerset)
The Collector's Edition of The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset comes with:
- A limited-edition steelbook case for the disc
- A physical copy of Razum-dar's Journal, filled with the lore of Summerset
- A map of the region of Summerset
- A 12" statuette of Mephala
The in-game features include:
- The Bloodshadow Wraith Steed Mount, an armored spectral horse
- The Divine Prosecution Outfit Style
- The Fledgling Gryphon Pet
- The Psijic Scrying Talisman, an amulet that grants the player new spells
- Three new emotes (Happy Face, Sad Face, Ta-Dah)
During an interview with the UESP, Matt Firor stated the following about the reasoning behind the aesthetic choices made during the expansion's development:
He had a similar answer when interviewed by the Elder Scrolls Portal: