Chat Moderators are wiki users who keep watch over the chat room and have the power to kick and ban users from Special:Chat. Users must be nominated into their position by an active chat moderator or chat frequent staff member.
- Keep watch over the chat making sure the chat guidelines are being followed.
- Answer questions regarding editing and policies (pointing users to correct pages).
- Issue a warning before kicking/banning someone from chat. (Kicking a user from chat, just because they asked to be is not permitted.)
- Resolving conflict diplomatically.
- Maintain an overall mature and friendly demeanor when interacting with other users.
Maintaining chat moderator status
- Chat moderators who have not monitored the chat regularly over the course of 30 days are considered inactive. Inactive chat moderators will lose their chat moderator rights and will no longer be displayed on our staff list unless they can prove the have made a steady return.
- Chat moderators who abuse the kick/ban feature will have their chat moderator status removed automatically. They can petition to have it returned on the requests page.
List of chat moderators
Active chat moderators
Semi-active chat moderators
Past chat moderators
The minimum requirements for becoming a chat moderator are:...
- ... You have been a registered member on the wiki for at least three months.
- ... You have not been site-blocked or chat-banned for a period of at least three months.
- ... You have been consistently active on the wiki's chat.
- ... You must be familiar with the wiki's editing policies and practices.
- ... You have been seen helpful around the community and an overall mature individual.
Nominations should be posted here.