Discord Moderators, formerly Chat Moderators, are wiki users who keep watch over the chat room and have the power to kick and ban users from the wiki's Discord server (formerly the Chat, located at Special:Chat). Users must apply for the position, and be approved via a community consensus. They are given all the tools necessary to do this job—much like an administrator has been given additional tools to perform their jobs in the mainspace.
The tools a Discord Moderator has access to are official warnings, kicking, and banning users. Discord mods should make visitors feel welcome, and not uncomfortable in any way. Their behavior should reflect policy. Discord Moderators are identifiable in the sever by their tan-colored usernames.
- Keep watch over the Discord server making sure the chat guidelines are being followed.
- Answer questions regarding editing and policies (pointing users to correct pages).
- Issue a warning before kicking/banning someone from the Discord server. (Kicking a user from the server just because they asked to be is not permitted.)
- Resolving conflict diplomatically.
- Maintain an overall mature and friendly demeanor when interacting with other users.
- Remaining in contact with other staff through the wiki's official Slack server.
Moderators are expected to only kick users who continue to break policy after being given a warning. If the chat is moving very fast, the warning may be missed by the user in which case the warning should be given via private message.
Users who knowingly break the rules on a continual or daily basis do not need to keep being warned or kicked before a ban may be issued. If you believe a fellow Moderator has kicked or blocked another user wrongly, the issue should be taken up via private message. Under no circumstances should you overturn the decision of another Moderator without a prior agreement. Doing so will be taken very seriously.
Maintaining Discord Moderator Status
- Discord Moderators who have not monitored the Discord server regularly over the course of 30 days are considered inactive. Inactive Discord moderators will lose their Discord moderator rights and will no longer be displayed on our staff list unless they can prove they have made a steady return.
- Discord Moderators who abuse the kick/ban feature will have their Discord moderator status removed automatically. They can petition to have it returned on the requests page.
- Although Discord mods are here to enforce the rules, they don't "outrank" other users in the server, and are expected to follow all the rules outlined in the #rules-and-guidelines or in the former Chat guidelines.
- It is the responsibility of Discord mods to handle all situations in the server reasonably and without bias. Moderators who demonstrate positive or negative bias towards others are unsuitable to moderate the Discord channel.
- The tools to administrate the TESWiki Discord server are not a status symbol. Moderators who believe so are unsuitable to moderate the server.
- Discord mods found abusing their tools, not following policy, or failing to enforce policy may be subject to removal of Discord mod status.
List of Discord Moderators
Active Discord Moderators
Past Discord Moderators
|Click to show|
The minimum requirements for becoming a Discord Moderator are:...
- …You have been a registered member on the wiki for at least three months.
- …You must possess a minimum of 250 mainspace edits.
- …You have not been site-blocked or banned from the Discord server for a period of at least three months.
- …You have been consistently active on the wiki's Discord server.
- …You must be familiar with the wiki's editing policies and practices.
- …You have been seen helpful around the community and an overall mature individual.
Applications should be posted here.