The Featured Articles of the wiki are articles that represent the best TESWiki has to offer. For more information see here. Previously, The Circle reviewed and voted on all nominations; now, all users can input their votes after checking the requirements and discussing the nomination.
- Must contain all appropriate infoboxes, navigation templates, and categories.
- …be well-written and detailed.
- …be unbiased, non-point of view.
- …be sourced with all available sources and appearances.
- …follow the Manual of Style, Layout Guide, and all other policies on TESWiki.
- …following the review process, be stable, i.e. it does not change significantly from day to day and is not the subject of ongoing edit wars. This does not apply to vandalism and protection or semi-protection as a result of vandalism.
- …not be tagged with any sort of improvement tags (i.e. more sources, expand, etc).
- …have a proper lead that gives a good summary of the topic and can be used for the front page featured box.
- …No redlinks.
- …have significant information from all sources and appearances, especially a biography for character articles.
- …not have been previously featured on the Main Page. Otherwise, it can only be restored to featured status.
- …be completely referenced for all available material and sources. See The Elder Scrolls Wiki:Sourcing for more information.
- …have all quotes and images sourced.
- …provide at least one quote on the article. A leading quote at the beginning of the article will be required only if there is quotable dialogue by or about the subject. Although quotes may be placed in the body of the article, a maximum of one quote is allowed at the beginning of each section.
- …include a "Personality" section on all character articles.
- …character articles - include relevant dialogue that does not fit on other pages, such as quest pages.
- …include a "powers and abilities" section on all relevant character articles, especially for God characters where said powers and/or abilities are stipulated.
- …include a reasonable number of images of sufficient quality to illustrate the article, if said images are available.
- …contain at least one link to the article subject in another language.
- Featured articles contain a lead and must be, counting the introduction, at least 1000 words long (not including captions, quotes, headers, etc.)
- Text and images in the article must not violate any current policy of the wiki or any policy that was in place at the time of the featured article nomination. If policy changes, the article must be re-reviewed to ensure it matches the featured article criteria.
For more information on what makes a featured article, see What is a featured article?
How to nominate
- First, nominate an article you find is worthy of featured status, putting it at the bottom of the list below; see criteria above. Note that a previously featured article cannot be featured on the Main Page again; however, it can be restored to featured status.
- Others will object to the nomination if they disagree that the article is good enough; they will then supply reasons for doing so, and ways to improve the article (errors, style, organization, images, notability, sources).
- Supporters adjust the article until the objectors (with reasonable objections) are satisfied.
- The article is placed on the featured article list and added to the front page queue.
- Be sure to place sign in the "Nominated by" line when the nomination is posted for voting.