This page lists news items posted at the wiki. To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
The Dark Heart of Skyrim is the next year-long adventure in which has been announced in a Global Reveal Event today. Set in the western part of the province, deadly unnatural storms and vampires threaten Skyrim and its people.
There are four DLCs in this story, the first two being The Elder Scrolls Online: Harrowstorm and The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor with the final two, one dungeon-based and the other story-based, to be announced later in the year.
The story begins with the first dungeon DLC, Harrowstorm. Dive into the two dungeons, Icereach and Unhallowed Grave, alongside Lyris and unravel what it is that's looming in Skyrim's shadows. Harrowstorm will be coming to PTS on January 20 and is set to officially come out in March.
With this comes Update 25 which features faster loading times, performance improvements and a patching overhaul. This will require all ESO players to re-download the game client. More details on that can be found in the Performance Improvement Plan.
Greymoor is the Cha…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online: Dragonhold was released on PC/Mac on October 21st and will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox one on November 5th. Watch the trailer here.
It is the final DLC of the Season of the Dragon, which comprises of Wrathstone, Elsweyr, Scalebreaker and Dragonhold.
What is very important, you can still participate in #SlayDragonsSaveCats. For every five dragons slain until December 9, 2019, ZeniMax Online Studios will donate $1 to the cause up to a maximum of $200,000. The money will help save cats in need in real life.
Time to collect all the information in one place. Below, you can see all the official information we've got so far and then some video content from the players with some explanations, guides, builds and such.
- The Season of the Dragon Continues with Scalebreaker and Dragonhold – the official announcement of the DLC.
- Join Us in Seattle & Be Among the First to Play Dragonhold – the announcement of the Seattle event where players could play Dragonhold for the first …
Read more >
Jaws of Oblivion is a card-based expansion for that brings 82 new cards based around iconic quests, characters and more from !
Jaws of Oblivion features a host of Daedra cards represented in Intelligence, Strength and Willpower, and Blades, Goblins and Guilds which are represented primarily in Agility, Endurance and Willpower.
The two new Theme decks are Mankar Camoran's Paradise and Martin Septim's Ascendance which you can buy in the store for $4.99 or 500 each. Each deck contains one guaranteed unique Legendary card; Mankar Camoran and Martin Septim respectively.
There are also fourteen new Titles, three card backs, six new musical tracks, eighteen new quests and a playmat. Like Moons of Elsweyr, there are introductory quests. The reward is a Mythic Dawn card back!
Invade is a new mechanic based around the Oblivion Crisis that comes in the form of actions and summon abilities. When you Invade with no Oblivion Gate on the board, one will open in the right lane. When Invading with one already …
Read more >
As of August 12, The Elder Scrolls Online: Scalebreaker, a new dungeon DLC pack for The Elder Scrolls Online, is now officially released alongside Update 23 on PC/Mac! For Playstation 4 and Xbox One, this will be released on August 27.
Scalebreaker comes with two 4-player dungeons: Lair of Maarselok and Moongrave Fang. While these are a part of the Season of the Dragon storyline, players can still enjoy both dungeons without having already completed The Elder Scrolls Online: Wrathstone and The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr.
Scalebreaker can be purchased in the in-game Crown Store for 1500 , and is free for all ESO Plus members. The Collector's Bundle, which includes the DLC game pack, a mount, pet and Crown Experience Scrolls, is available for 4000 .
When you enter one of the two dungeons, you'll receive a free Dread-Aurelian Mask. When you complete both you'll earn a unique tablet collectible which allows you to unlock another wing in the Hall of the Lunar Champion home!
- Lair of Maarselok
- With the…
Read more >
Moons of Elsweyr, the newest expansion for The Elder Scrolls: Legends, has been released on June 27th. It brought 77 new cards, 2 new keywords, 1 new playmat, 4 new musical tracks, 15 new titles, 3 new card backs and 12 new daily quests with a special introductory questline featuring Razum-dar.
- Announcing The Elder Scrolls: Legends – Moons of Elsweyr! – the announcement of the new expansion.
- Upcoming Balance Changes with Patch 2.11 – balance changes that came with Moons of Elsweyr. The changed cards are Transitus Shrine, Disciple of Namira, Lillandril Hexmage, Cast Into Time, Hlaalu Oathman, Falkreath Defiler, Archer's Gambit, Namira's Shrine and Dawnbreaker.
- The Moons of Elsweyr have risen – start playing today! – an announcement of Moons of Elsweyr launch with information about a special offer that contains 10 packs of Moons of Elsweyr, a “Rebel” title and 1 Moons of Elsweyr Legendary Pack that costs $4.99.
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends 2.11 Patch Notes – full patch notes of update 2.11 wit…
Read more >
Steam's Summer Sale is on right now, and will last up until July 9 10:00 AM PST! Here are some games that are currently on sale (currency in USD):
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition – 50% off (was $14.99, now $7.49)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition –
50% off (was $14.99, now
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe – 50% off (was $19.99, now $9.99)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition – 50% off (was $39.99, now $19.99)
- Skyrim Special Edition + Fallout 4 GOTY – 60% off (was $99.98, now $39.98)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR – 50% off (was $59.99, now $29.99)
- The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition (includes the base game and ) – 50% off (was $19.99, now $9.99)
On Sunday, June 9 5:30PM Pacific Time (12:30AM UTC), Bethesda's E3 conference begins! This blog post will be updated covering the showcase live.
To find out when this is for your timezone, click here.
- Tune into Bethesda's Twitch, YouTube, Mixer or Facebook to watch the livestream.
- There is also an official BE3 Discord.
- Twitch Drops include five Ouroboros Crown Crates and a
Clouded-Senche Leopard mount for ESO, delivered around and
after June 10. More details (plus a sneak preview of the next part
of the Season of the Dragon story) can be found here.
- PC/Mac players can earn these by linking your ESO account with your Twitch account, and logging in and watching the BE3 showcase on the Bethesda Twitch channel.
- As for console players, log into the game on June 9 between 3pm EDT and 11pm EDT and kill a single monster.
- For , watch the showcase and you'll get an exclusive Moth Priest card back during this week.
A full list of streaming links can be found in the "What You Need to Know" article.
- – the Quar…
Read more >
The next Chapter for has been released on all platforms! It is the second part of the "Season of the Dragon" story and continues on from which was released earlier this year. takes place in Anequina, in the north of Elsweyr.
- 5 Can't-miss Experiences You Can Have Exploring Elsweyr – a breakdown of what the Chapter has to offer
- Discover Elsweyr & The Khajiit That Live There – designing the zone using places in the real world and depicting the Khajiiti culture
- Official Gameplay Trailer
The zone is dotted with Public Dungeons, World Bosses and Delves. The land itself includes grasslands, badlands, a giant canyon known as the Scar, and moon sugar fields, all drawing inspiration from places like West Africa, Thailand, India and Indonesia. Also prepare to meet the various breeds of Khajiit!
- Face False Gods In Sunspire, Elsweyr’s New Trial – Sunspire backstory and rewards
- Look To The Skies – Hunting Dragons In The Elder Scrolls Online – on Dragon Hunts and rewards
- Elsweyr Burns – Drag…
Read more >
A tabletop skirmish wargame set in Tamriel has been announced! It's The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms from Modiphius, who previously created Fallout: Wasteland Warfare.
Skirmish wargames are a type of figurine tabletop games where players have small armies to fight eachother. Additionally, Call to Arms has not only a single player mode, but also a whole faction dedicated to it. There's also extra fun like in any other tabletop game: you can paint your models.
Armies in this game usually comprise 1–6 heroes and 3–15 troops (followers, soldiers). Heroes are iconic characters such as General Tullius, Ulfric Stormcloak, Marcurio, Lydia, or Hadvar. Specific rules are not known yet, but we know the system is Wasteland Warfare system changed and rewritten to suit The Elder Scrolls.
The game will be released in waves, each of them inspired by different events and characters. The first one will feature the Skyrim Civil War with three factions available: the Stormcloaks, Imperial Legion, and Dragonborne (si…
Read more >
Alliance War is a card-based expansion for , with 104 new cards based around the conflict for the Ruby Throne in the Second Era, the same event is set in.
Similar to last year's Houses of Morrowind, Alliance War features five new tri-colour factions with their own mechanics:
- Aldmeri Dominion: //
- Empower: When your opponent takes damage, increase the effect of your cards for a turn
- Daggerfall Covenant: //
- Mobilize: When placed in an empty lane, an item with Mobilize will summon a Recruit to wield it
- Ebonheart Pact: //
- Veteran: A creature with Veteran is boosted when it survives its first attack
- The Empire of Cyrodiil: //
- None mentioned
- The Guildsworn: //
- Expertise: A card with this effect will gain a bonus effect if an action, item, or support card is played on that turn
Read more >
This update also comes with a new playmat, visual effects, 17 new titles, 6 new card backs, 22 quests and 4 new musical tracks which really freshen up the game. There have been changes to existing cards, from smoother animations to …
- Aldmeri Dominion: //
As of February 25th, and Update 21 has been released on PC and Mac!
Wrathstone is a DLC dungeon pack, the first part of the "Season of the Dragon". In this part of the story, Tharayya, with your help, discovers the two Wrathstone tablets in two different dungeons, before Abnur Tharn uses them to open the Halls of Colossus and set dragons loose upon Elsweyr, as seen in the trailer.
With Wrathstone comes Update 21, bringing a host of improvements, a new Battlegrounds map, PvP rewards and other features free to the Base game, free to all players.
For a more detailed list of information on everything mentioned here, see PC/Mac Patch Notes v4.3.5 - Wrathstone & Update 21.
- Depths of Malatar
- This dungeon is said to take inspiration directly from Garlas Malatar in , where the battle with Umaril the Unfeathered takes place. Now, you and Tharayya must get through the Empowered Imperial soldiers under Meridia's control, her champions, an ancient Ayleid king, as well as Daedric beasts. Should you surviv…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, a new Chapter for is coming to PC/Mac, XBox One and PS4 on June 4 2019.
It's part of the year-long story, known as "The Season of the Dragon". The Elsweyr Chapter will feature:
- A main quest line interconnected with the story of the Season of the Dragon, as well as stand-alone quests
- A new, long-requested Class; the Necromancer
- Sunspire, a 12-player Trial
- Updates and quality-of-life improvements
- And fully explore the land of the Khajiit, Elsweyr
The trailer was revealed during The Elder Scrolls Online - Season of the Dragon Reveal stream, however the next part of it will be shown at E3. Info on the various editions and how you can pre-purchase Elsweyr can be found here. Digital versions on PC/Mac will be early access on May 20. It was mentioned on Twitter that there will be no physical Collector's Edition.
The Season of the Dragon is going to be a year long with four updates building on the story, starting with the Wrathstone DLC dungeon pack (more on that in notes…Read more >
As of Monday, October 22nd, the long-awaited Murkmire expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online is finally available for PC/Mac players, as is the free Update 20 patch. The add-on will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on November 6th. Murkmire whisks the Vestige into the swampy depths of Black Marsh, where they will encounter a close look at vibrant Argonian cultures in a harsh, jungled environment filled with exotic flora and fauna never before seen in the game. The expansion also presents a wide variety of new questlines to complete, books to read, characters to help, enemies to kill, and lore to discover. It also features the Blackrose Prison, a four-person leaderboard arena offering a challenge to new and veteran players alike.
Murkmire can be purchased from the Crown Store for the price of 2000 Crowns, or 4000 for the Collector's Bundle. Players who log onto ESO for at least 24 days in November will receive the DLC for free.
- Additional promotional images
- Murkmire and Update 20 Preview (…
Read more >
Tune in to Bethesda's Twitch stream on Sunday, June 10th at 6:30 PM Pacific Time (9:30 PM Eastern Time) for live coverage of the company's annual panel at the E3 conference in Los Angeles.
- The Elder Scrolls VI – Teaser trailer showing a sweeping landscape shot
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire – Content DLC that will take place in Murkmire
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Wolfhunter – Dungeon DLC
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades – Accessible on PC, consoles, and mobile
- 9:30: The first thing we saw was a promotional video showing us employees working at the Bethesda Softworks headquarters in Maryland, with narration. Following that was gameplay footage from various Bethesda-related titles, including , Doom, and more.
- 9:43: Pete Hines came onto the stage. He first spoke about some of the things Bethesda has done recently, such as Skyrim VR, Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch, and ESO DLC. He noted that Metacritic ranked the company the highest in terms of overall scores across their games.
- 9:36: A singer named Andrew W.K…
Read more >
Hey guys! Crusader here with some rather interesting news. This year definitely marks an interesting change with the development of The Elder Scrolls: Legends. For the random reader living under a rock, which is a surprising amount of people, The Elder Scrolls: Legends is a card game based on The Elder Scrolls series, released in 2017. I haven't done a blog post in awhile now, but that should start to change soon I'm hoping. *cough* Interviews *cough.*
Anyway, to hit the nail on the head, Bethesda is shifting the ongoing development of the game from Dire Wolf Digital to Sparkypants. As Bethesda describes them, they are a "a team of exceedingly talented developers with a passion and commitment to strategy gaming, competitive multiplayer and of course, The Elder Scrolls universe."
Sparkypants, or Sparkypants Studios LLC, plans on creating an entirely new client for Legends. This client won't bring new and drastic changes, such as completely restarting the entire game, but it is planned to change…
Read more >
As of today, The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is available for download on PC/Mac. The expansion will be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on June 5th. In this chapter, players may enter the mystical island of Summerset, which has long been closed to foreigners, and discover the wonders it holds within.
Summerset adds features like the Psijic Order skill line and Jewelry Crafting, among others, and comes alongside Update 18, a base game patch for all players. This update opens up Battlegrounds to everyone, and adds more Crafting Motifs, collectibles, and achievements, as well as a Crown Store gifting feature. According to the patch notes, the update is approximately 12.5 GB in size.
Naturally, the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) on the game's main quest beyond "The Queen's Decree" which was extended to May 21st has now been lifted. Editors are free to add any relevant content about the chapter to the wiki.
- Store links
- Blog posts
- Announcing ESO: Summerset (21 March 201…
Read more >
Update: PC/Mac players who received email invitations or participated in the ESO Morrowind beta may access Summerset as of April 16th on the Public Test Server.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is the next Chapter for the MMO, arriving on May 21st for PC/Mac and June 5th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes the new zone of Summerset, the largest island of the province.
The cinematic trailer features the long unseen Altmer Hero from the original trailers narrating this one, and Razum-dar, a well-known Khajiit we've met on many previous occasions. Starting in the dense foliage of the island, the trailer pans up to the Hero climbing towards what one can assume is the Crystal Tower under the influence of a large magical beam. We were also given a gameplay trailer which revealed some of the locations and creatures we'll be seeing in Summerset.
The Chapter was previously teased on March 16 (Friday) with a note written by Queen Ayrenn (Seen here on Twitter) that tells of a very important u…Read more >
Hey everyone! The 12th marked the release of Update 17, as well as the Dragon Bones DLC, for PC and Mac! As promised, albeit a little late, here's a list of what you can expect from the Update, as well as Dragon Bones. The majority of the update focuses on the outfit system, and improvements and bug fixes related to combat, skills, and leveling, in a focus to try to improve teamwork between players. Note that the release for Xbox 1 and Play Station 4 will be coming out on the 27th.
Sorry that this was a little late, everyone involved in writing it kind of had some problems come up in real life.
Starting with update 17, here's a list of some of the bigger things you can expect to see.
- The Outfit System – Check out this guide for more.
- "Be who you want to be with the new Outfit System! Now, you can completely customize almost every aspect of your appearance with unique Outfits, regardless of the gear you are wearing. You will have one free Outfit that you can customize at a cost of gold, but s…
Read more >
- The Outfit System – Check out this guide for more.
Hey y'all! I'm here this month again with another Elder Scrolls news blog. January was a long month, but now that it's finally over, we're here at Superbowl Sunday tomorrow! Anyway, since this is an Elder Scrolls blog, not a football blog, let's get down into the Elder Scrolls news.
For those of you who haven't already heard, a new DLC is coming out for , The Elder Scrolls Online: Dragon Bones, which will include a couple of new dungeons. The new DLC, along with it's free patch, Update 17, will be coming out on the 12th for PC, and on the 27th for Xbox 1 and PS4. Since I covered it already last month, and we should have a news blog coming out in greater detail about it soon, for now, if you want more info, you can find it here.
Legends doesn't have a lot of important news coming out this month so far, however, it does have a lot of news as a whole. Here's some of the things that's new for Legends.
From today, February 3rd, to the 5th, there's a new Rumble Gauntlet. Join in for your chance to …
Read more >
Hey everyone, Crusader here with another Elder Scrolls news blog! It's hard to believe that we've made it to 2018 already. I don't have too much to cover right now; we have a new dungeon coming up for Online, Dragon Bones. If you were curious, Bethesda has stated that they will have three more DLCs and one full chapter added to ESO this year. I wish Bethesda gave me more news at the start of the month to work with. Anyway, lets get down to business!
Dragon Bones is a new dungeon expansion coming to Online. Along with it, Update 17 will be released. The Dragon Bones expansion will be free to ESO Plus members. Update 17 will include a new "outfit system," where you can customize your appearance, regardless of your look, two new battlegrounds for players with The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, home storage (about time), and a new level up system with skill advisers.
Dragon Bones will include a new location, Scalecaller Peak. "The burial site of a long-dead Dragon Priest is now overrun with dis…
Read more >
Hey guys! It's officially Christmas season, and with that, it's the New Life Festival season! The New Life Festival is an Elder Scrolls Online event, which began at 10:00AM EST on Thursday, December 14 and will run until 10:00AM EST on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. The New Life Festival is a great opportunity to obtain XP-boosting collectibles, acquire style materials and pages, unlock unique furnishings, and more! Keep on reading down below to find out more about how to get in the holiday cheer!
In order to join the festivities, acquire the free New Life Festival Scroll from the Crown Store. Using this scroll will allow you to find Breda to the south of Windhelm in Eastmarch. Breda will grant the player the quest "The New Life Festival." Remember that if you are having trouble traveling to Windhelm, you can take a boat or cart from the Alik'r Desert or Malabal Tor, travel by road from The Rift, or teleport to a fellow player or guildmate that's already in the area.
The nine daily quests give…
Read more >
Hey everyone! It's December already, and with that said, it's already Christmas season. As of right now there isn't a ton of Elder Scrolls news to go over. The #10MillionStories event is winding down, and the Crown Store has new items for this month. It's also notable that at the end of last month, Skyrim VR and Skryim on the Nintendo Switch was released.
Since there isn't a ton of actual news, I will be posting some of the stories from #10MillionStories after the Crown Store information. I'll be updating this blog as more information comes in, but for now let's jump into what we have!
10MillionStories, a prize giveway, will be ending on December 6th. Until then, however, the event is in full swing! Complete a random dungeon via the Dungeon Finder – Normal or Veteran mode – to earn a Mysterious Reward Box. This can contain a lot of in-game rewards, ranging from consumables, to pets, costumes, and collection of super rare mounts and houses. You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once pe…
Read more >
Hello everyone! November is here, and with that said more Elder Scrolls news. In terms of news for this month, we have a new Elder Scrolls Online update which will include a new transmutation system, along with the release of Clockwork City on November 7th. This month will also include a new Legends expansion, Return to Clockwork City, which will come out on November 30th. In other news, a new prize sweepstakes from Bethesda with a chance to win a free gaming PC along with 299 more prizes! Read on to find out what this month has for Elder Scrolls fans.
Bethesda has a new sweepstakes for 300 lucky Elder Scrolls fans. Between now and December 6th of 2017, enter your story on Bethesda's #10MillionStories sweepstakes forum for a chance to win one of hundreds of prizes! Prizes include a trip to PAX East 2018, a 1 to 3 year ESO Plus membership package, crowns, crates, gold edition, a multitude of different mounts and houses, a full custom gaming PC, and the grand prize winner will even be created in …
Read more >
It's time for the Clockwork City DLC, the latest expansion to The Elder Scrolls Online! Clockwork City is a mechanical city created by Sotha Sil which exists outside of space and time. Elder Scrolls Online players can now enter the Clockwork City and discover what it has in store for them.
The PC version has been released, and the Xbox 1 and PlayStation 4 versions will be released on November 7th, alongside with Update 16. Along with the Clockwork City itself, ESO will also be introduced to item transmutation, where you can tailor your armor to match your playstyle. There will also be a new Trial, as well as a new story line for the DLC. To start the DLC, simply travel to any local Mages Guild headquarters in Tamriel and find the note on a nearby table titled "Order of the Eye Dispatch". Read the note to receive the quest "Of Knives and Long Shadows" and begin your new adventure.
Check out the Clockwork City today, and tell us yourselves what you think of it! For more information, see The …Read more >
Here's a breakdown of the new content for the Elder Scrolls that we learned through E3 2017.
Firstly - there are some new DLCs that will be coming out shortly for .
Namely, these are Horns of the Reach (what should be a dungeon-based DLC set in Skyrim, and The Elder Scrolls Online: Clockwork City - a full DLC chapter likely expanding upon what already occurs in Clockwork City in .
There will also be Paid Mods that can be bought and used for PC/Xbox One/PS4 - bought using credits, rather than cash. (This is a re-attempt at what was previously tried on Steam).is getting some new content shortly.
Heroes of Skyrim is a new DLC coming to Legends 29th June 2017.
Finally - for Nintendo Switch has been confirmed, and shown - and Amibos can be used (Link as the Last Dragonborn anymone?)
- New ESO DLCs and new stuff Article
- Legends Heroes of Skyrim Article
- Heroes of Skyrim Video
- Skyrim Nintendo Switch Video
- Creation Club Annoucement Video
- ESO E3 Video
- General E3 Reveals Article
- Creation Club website
- ESO DL…
Read more >
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, the game's most recent expansion, has finally launched today; the PC pre-release is now completed, and the game is available on all platforms. If you've ever wondered what Vvardenfell looked like 700 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, now's your chance to do so!
If you're keen to help out, we're requesting anyone and everyone give us a hand to get content out ASAP for this game—if you're interested, head over to The Elder Scrolls Wiki:Morrowind Project for more. It's worth noting that, at the time of writing this blog, Xbox Users are unable to play, as Xbox Live is currently down.Read more >
As of today, June 1st, 2017, The Game of the Year Deluxe Edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the fourth game in The Elder Scrolls series, is available for purchase DRM-free on the GOG ("Good Old Games") store, which is a similar platform to Steam.
Oblivion is the sixth title in the series to be sold on GOG, alongside The Elder Scrolls: Arena (1994), The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (1996) An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire (1997), The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard (1998), and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (2002).
As the version on GOG is DRM-free, you do not require any sort of activation or internet connection whatsoever to play the game. This is not the case with most Steam games, in which you are simply borrowing the software from the developers and do not have full control over your copy.Read more >
Update: the NDA is now lifted, as the early access servers have been opened to PC/Mac players.
As of today, April 17th, 2017, ZeniMax has officially begun the closed beta for The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind. If you were invited, you should have received an email from ZeniMax and an invitation to a private forum to report bugs encountered in the upcoming expansion.
Please note, however, that by accepting the invitation, you are agreeing not to discuss anything about your experience playing the expansion until the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is lifted. This extends to adding information to the wiki; any closed beta content that is found on the wiki will be removed.
You can access the PTS (Public Test Server) on which the expansion is set by clicking on the Settings icon on the game's launcher, then checking the box, "Show Public Test Environment." Then click "Apply" and select the option "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)" and press "Install" on the bottom right. The download will most …Read more >
Since its original reveal almost two years ago at E3 in June 2015 and its public beta in July 2016, The Elder Scrolls: Legends has long been anticipated for an official release. After undergoing a number of changes and improvements, on March 9th, 2017, the game is now officially out of beta on PC. It is planned to be released on a number of other platforms, listed below:
- March 23, 2017 for iPad
- April 2017 for Android
- May 2017 for Mac OS
- Summer 2017 for Mobile phones
The first expansion for the game is called The Fall of the Dark Brotherhood and will be released on April 5th. It contains over 25 new chapters, which are split into 3 maps, and playsets of 40 exclusive cards. A complimentary Doom Wolf mount is included, and those who pre-purchase it will receive a an exclusive premium version of a card and an in-game title. The story itself is based around the events described in Cicero's Journal, with characters such as Cicero, Garnag, and The Night Mother also appearing in the expansion. It wil…Read more >
As of today, February 6th, 2017, the Homestead update—part of Update 13—for The Elder Scrolls Online is released for players on PC/Mac. The update will be released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on February 21st.
Update 13 adds several homes purchasable by players in many different provinces and for a variety of prices. You can see a list of the available homes here. After obtaining relevant achievements, the houses may be purchased with in-game gold , or alternatively you can buy a house directly with Crowns from the Crown Store.
An overview of the other additions that come alongside homesteads in Update 13 can be found here, or from the original Patch Notes.
- Homestead is Now Live for PC & Mac! – 6 February 2017
- Homestead: Basics Guide – 6 February 2017
- Homestead Guide: Furnishing Crafting FAQ – 13 February 2017
- Homestead Guide: Master Writs – 15 February 2015
After teasing the release of something big with a few teaser trailers and a blog on their social media on the 29th, the Elder Scrolls Online website has officially confirmed a new DLC: Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind with a trailer. Included within this DLC are:
- Over 30 hours of new gameplay
- The new nature magic-based class Warden.
- The largest landmass added at this point in time, with locations ranging from mushroom forests to Vivec City .
- A new trial in the Telvanni Tower of Tel Fyr and the Clockwork City .
- Brand new fast-paced PvP mode that pits 4v4v4 in an arena.
Preordering this DLC will net you the Discovery Pack, which contains:
- Exclusive Warden costume – a costume for all classes that matches the Warden's outfit.
- Dwarven War Dog – a unique armored (non-combatant) in-game pet
- Treasure Maps – maps that reveal the locations of different troves in Vvardenfell.
- Dwarven Crown Crate – a mystery loot crate with the possibility of Dwarven mounts, pets, costumes, etc. inside!
- Experience Scrolls –…
At Nintendo's event unveiling their new console, Todd Howard, director and executive producer at Bethesda Game Studios, officially announced the Nintendo Switch port of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The day after, Nintendo revealed it will be available this fall.
The Switch is Nintendo's upcoming gaming tablet, effectively filling the role of both console and handheld. This means The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be the first game of the main series to make it to a portable platform in its full glory, outside of The Elder Scrolls Travels series. The Nintendo Switch will launch on March 3rd.
- Nintendo of America on Twitter
- Skyrim on Nintendo Switch on Bethesda.net
The Xbox 360 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the fourth installment in The Elder Scrolls series, is now backwards compatible with the Xbox One. The base game can be purchased for $14.99 from the Xbox Store. However, this does not include the DLCs, which are prices as follows:
- Major DLCs
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine – $4.99
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles – $9.99
- Minor DLCs
- Fighter's Stronghold – $1.88
- Spell Tomes – $1.00
- The Vile Lair – $1.88
- Mehrunes' Razor – $3.13
- The Thieves Den – $1.88
- Wizard's Tower – $1.88
- Orrery – $1.88
- Horse Armor – $2.49
- Miscellaneous items
- Shivering Isles Picture Pack – $1.00
- Shivering Isles Trailer – Free
- Oblivion Race Picture Pack #1 – $1.00
- Oblivion Race Picture Pack #2 – $1.00
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gameplay Trailer (720p) – Free
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Gameplay Trailer (480p) – Free
- Oblivion Theme – $1.88
- Oblivion: Good Picture Pack – $1.25
- Oblivion: Evil Picture Pack – $1.25
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Trailer (720p) – Free
- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion …
Today marks our return to Skyrim on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. PC users who already own all DLC's and/or the Legendary Edition of the game will recieve a free copy, so don't go out and buy it again if you meet this criteria! While the embargo on review copies has kept us from truly knowing what's different about this edition, we do know that Skyrim: Remastered has recieved a number of graphical enhancements, such as:
- Remastered Art and Effects
- Volumetric Lighting ("God Rays")
- Dynamic Depth of Field
- Screen-Space Reflections
- New Snow and Water Shaders
Alongside these, the inclusion of mods will be available for both consoles, but keep in mind, Xbox One and PC gamers have a FAR BIGGER selection to choose from than their PS4 counterparts. For example, as of launch, PS4 gamers only have access to thirty-eight mods and 1GB has been set aside for it, and Xbox One gamers have access to 119 mods with 5GB set aside. These mods can be attained by signing up for a BETHESDA.net ID and downloading it through …Read more >
Live now for PC/Mac users (Console players will have to wait until the 18th of this month), is the brand new One Tamriel update for The Elder Scrolls Online. Below is a basic gist of what you can expect from this rather extensive update.
- A complete removal of alliance restrictions. Players will be allowed to roam wherever they please, with whoever they please, at whatever level they please.
- Enemies will be automatically leveled near yours, so a weak player doesn't face down a level 60 monster.
- An all-new dueling system has/will be implemented for players.
- Each skill tree has gained some sort of ultimate finisher or ability.
- Craglorn is back.
- A new event system will let you celebrate holidays The Elder Scrolls way.
- New items in the Crown Store!
For a much more in-depth look at the different updates in action, see ZeniMax's website.Read more >
ZeniMax recently announced the release of a special game back for The Elder Scrolls Online called the "Gold Edition." The Gold Edition presently includes the base game, the four major DLCs (Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), and certain vanity items, for $59.99.
For users who already own the base game, ZeniMax also released the "Guilds & Glory DLC Mega Pack," which offers the four major DLCs for a total of 5,500 Crowns ($39.99).
For more information, visit the following pages on ZeniMax's website and/or Steam:
- Announcing the Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition (6 July 2016)
- Available Now: ESO Gold Edition and Guilds & Glory DLC Mega Pack (9 September 2016)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition on Steam
Update 10-5-2016: Bethesda announced mod support will be coming to PS4.
Bethesda announced in a blog post today that user-created mods for the Special Edition of Skyrim will not be coming to the PlayStation 4. They claim that Sony has refused to allow mods "the way they should work," but did not go into much detail:
"After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition."
For more information, read the full update here: https://bethesda.net/en/article/3i0mUzrfp6ioMU6WWcWmKm/ps4-mod-updateRead more >
The Elder Scrolls: Legends has now entered open Beta phase. This means that you no longer have to sign up and wait for an invitation to play the game. You can now download the Bethesda Launcher, create an account if you hadn't already and head straight into the game!
While you're at it. Make sure to upload any new information you discover to the wiki. We can use every bit of help! If you come across any card that isn't on documented here, we encourage you to do so yourselves. Make sure to use the already existent card articles as example pages (read: copy and paste them and fill in the blanks).
Read the full update here.Read more >
Update: the DLC will cost 1500 Crowns without an ESO Plus subscription and will be released on PC/Mac on August 1st, and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 16th. Read the newest update here.
Today, news broke that Update 11 for The Elder Scrolls Online will include a general patch and a DLC dungeon pack called Shadows of the Hist.
The DLC pack includes:
- Cradle of Shadows – An all new four-player dungeon featuring a storyline involved with the Argonian Dark Brotherhood and a rival apparent for both normal and veteran modes.
- Ruins of Mazzatun – Another four-player dungeon with normal/veteran modes focused on freeing slaves from an oppressive tribe in the backdrop of a crumbling city full of riddles.
The Patch includes:
- The opportunity to change the appearance, race, and gender of your character as well as cosmetic changes to hair and tattoos.
- Hel Ra Citadel, the Aetherian Archive, and Dragonstar Arena improvements: More difficulty; more rewards.
- Be able to text chat with other players on conso…
We'll be streaming Bethesda's E3 conference LIVE tonight on Twitch, and this blog will be updated as things are announced. The pre-show begins at 9:15pm ET, with the actual conference beginning at 10:00pm ET.
If you want to watch it yourself, follow this link to Bethesda's Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda.
- Pete Hines gave more details about The Elder Scrolls:
- A trailer animated in the Legends art style showing off some info about the main storyline of the game was shown.
- He also presented some basic gameplay information, mentioning that even more people will be let into the closed beta.
- Legends will be coming out for PC/Mac, iOS, and Android devices "later this year."
- A remastered version of called the "Special Edition" has been
- The Special Edition will be released for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 28th.
- It will have significantly better graphics than the original version.
- There will also be mods available for all platforms with the Special Edition.
- Some ne…
- Pete Hines gave more details about The Elder Scrolls: Legends.
On May 17th, leaked details regarding the canceled game The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion Mobile were made available to the public via Neogaf. In addition to general background information on the game, the leak provided several screenshots as well as a few gameplay videos, which were later pulled from YouTube by ZeniMax.
Developed mainly by Climax, Oblivion Mobile, it would have explored the rest of Tamriel during the Oblivion Crisis, and offered a number of very innovative mechanics for its time. Unfortunately, it canceled in 2007, largely due to budget shortfalls.
Read the full stories here:
- The leak: The Cancelled Oblivion: PSP Revealed
- Background info: The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion [PSP – Cancelled
Update: the NDA for the beta has been lifted; content from it can now be disclosed freely.
Bethesda Softworks has announced via twitter that The Elder Scrolls: Legends' closed beta sign-ups begin today. More can be found on Reddit. External links and the FAQ can be seen below:
FAQ can be read here:
- Where can I find information regarding games announced at E3 2015?
Information regarding upcoming and released products announced as part of E3 (Fallout 4, Fallout Shelter, BATTLECRY, Dishonored 2, DOOM, or Elder Scrolls Legends) are available at the dedicated sites below:
- TES Legends
- TES Online
- What are the PC requirements for The Elder Scrolls: Legends beta?
The requirements for The Elder Scrolls: Legends on PC are as follows:
- Operating System - Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
- Processor - Intel Pentium D or AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2
- Video - NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (256 MB) or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB) or better
- Memory - 2 GB RAM
- Storage - 3 GB available HD space
- Internet - Broadband Internet co…
Read more >
UPDATE: New details on the DLC have been released:
The game will be released on PC/Mac on May 31st, and on Xbox One/PlayStation 4 on June 14th. It's free if you have an ESO Plus subscription, but otherwise it will cost 2000 Crowns in the Crown Store. External links with even more information can be seen below.
Madman here, *cough* with the news.
(Madman97 takes a hit from his fatty blunt and hits the television prompter remote in his interview studio. This video pops up)
Sorry, no Dave today, but I've got something just as depraved to show ya'. Turns out, people still play The Elder Scrolls Online. Believe me, I'm just as surprised as you are. But it looks like for among the five still palling around Tamriel a new DLC will be available: The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood. Yeah, you remember those creepy types from and . Though my spies haven't got word on the price tag yet, the developers I kidnapped and tortured have told me that PAX East will be demonstrating a showcase in the C…Read more >
Today, The Elder Scrolls Online gave us a first look at the upcoming DLC, The Elder Scrolls Online: Thieves Guild. ZeniMax stated that it will cost 2,000 Crowns in the Crown Store and will be released on PC/Mac on March 7th, on Xbox One on March 22nd, and on PlayStation 4 on March 23rd.
You can see for yourself and watch the trailer here, but below is a summary:
- The DLC will take place in Hammerfell, in the zone called Hew's Bane.
- The group are being hunted by a mercenary group known as the Iron Wheel.
- The Thieves Guild's headquarters are Abah's Landing.
- There will be a new 12-player trial, called the Maw of Lorkhaj.
- New group bosses and delves to discover.
- New criminal activities.
- A new skill line for Thieves Guild.
- New motifs, item sets, and other items.
- Various smaller improvements and optimizations.
Bethesda said in a news update on December 9th that they would be opening a new office in Montreal, Québec to "expand [their] development capabilities in console, PC, and mobile gaming."
The studio has already set up a "core team" of more than 40 game developers with varying specializations. Yves Lachance has been given the job of Studio Director.
Read their full update here.Read more >
As of today—November 2nd, 2015—the DLC for is available for players on PC and Mac. As you can see here, the Xbox One version is planned to be released on November 17th and the Playstation 4 version on November 18th.
Those with an active ESO Plus™ membership will automatically have access to the Orsinium DLC game pack. Otherwise, the DLC can be purchased for 3,000 Crowns via the in-game Crown Store. Additionally, the DLC's Collector's Edition contains the Orsinium DLC game pack itself as well as miscellaneous bonuses for 5,000 total.
The DLC adds a number of new quests, group bosses, delves, public dungeons, new items, and even a new game mode, as well as numerous other new features and several smaller optimizations. For more information, see the official news update on the DLC.Read more >
Well, if you have not noticed yet, the first of this month brought us the long awaited expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online. This is the first DLC for this game, and it returns us to the capital of the empire. As of now, it is only on PC and Mac, but will arrive to Xbox One and Play station four on 9/15 and 9/16.
You cannot accses the new content until you have bought the expansion—which costs 2500 Crowns if you don't have an ESO Plus membership—and have reached level 10. With this new story, we can expect hours of expanded play time, new areas to fight along side friends or alone, and powerful new weapons and armor. With this new adventure, the game also has a patch that effects everybody, so with the DLC and the patch, the game now includes:
- All new content, available to players that are level 10 or higher
- A brand new PvP/PvE space that includes six Imperial City Districts
- New story content, quests, and characters within the Imperial City
- A new Imperial City PvP Public Dungeon: The Imp…
The Distribution site GOG.com has just released multiple DRM-free Bethesda Softworks titles on their website. Among them, the following Elder Scrolls titles are now availible for download:
- An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire ($5.99)
- The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard ($5.99)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - GOTY Edition ($19.99)
This marks the first time and are availible to download online. Until September 2nd, these titles are all included in a 33% off bundle at $21.37. If any of the games are bought, and are included as complimentary downloads.
The DLC will be made available for official release on August 31st, so keep your eyes open for that.Read more >
Update – The DLC has been released for PC and Mac!
As you can see for yourself here, it will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
It will be free for Tamriel Plus members (as much as something you pay for is "free," and will consist of 6 regions of Imperial City). Release Info
The Imperial City DLC game pack will be coming to PC/Mac on August 31st, Xbox One on September 15th, and PlayStation®4 on September 16th.
The full Imperial City DLC game pack is included with an active ESO Plus membership. If you are not an ESO Plus member, or your membership lapses, the Imperial City DLC game pack costs 2,500 crowns in the ESOTU Crown Store.
With the purchase of the Imperial City DLC game pack, you get access to the full Imperial City zone. That includes the following (all content is available to players that are level 10 and up):
- A brand new PvP/PvE space, including the six Imperial City Districts
- New quests and key characters within the…
Read more >
While the hot topic of E3 has been Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls franchise has also recieved some new info on future releases, including an upcoming spin-off.
A teaser trailer of The Elder Scrolls: Legends has been shown, which you can view here. The game is a spin-off, and a card game using Elder Scrolls lore. It will be developed by Direwolf Digital and published by Bethesda, though not much else is currently known about the game.
The Elder Scrolls Online has received some footage of the long-awaited upcoming areas of Wrothgar, the homeland of the Orcs, and the Imperial City, the crown jewel of war-torn Cyrodiil and heart of Tamriel. A tease for the Dark Brotherhood has also been shown with the Black Hand captioned with the words "We know" posted on a letter.Read more >