- 1 What are templates?
- 2 Maintenance templates
- 3 General wiki templates
- 4 Where you may find more templates
There are many templates in use in Elder Scrolls; these are only a subset, representing some of the most important and commonly used ones. If you feel that a template belongs on this page, do not hesitate to add it.
- Category:Templates should cover all templates in the wiki, categorized into the various subcategories.
- The Template namespace (found from Special:Allpages) always has all templates in the wiki, sorted alphanumerically.
What are templates?[edit source]
Wiki templates provide a means to insert the same content over and over in different (or the same) pages. This saves editors the hassle of duplicating the same text again and again, and also helps ensure consistency.
Templates are generally shown with the format required to use the template (e.g.
stub). Clicking the template name takes you to the template's page, where you can see what it looks like and how it is used.
Detailed instructions on the usage of each template should exist on:
- a subpage using documentation; or
- the template page itself (inside "noinclude" tags); or
- the template's talk page.
For more information on templates, see Help:Templates.
Nominate an article for deletion[edit source]
- Add this to an article to nominate it for deletion. It will add the article to Category:Deletion Candidates.
Disambiguation articles[edit source]
- If you have several articles that have similar or identical names, you may wish to create a "disambiguation" page at the main article name, with the articles taking an extra phrase in brackets afterward. For example:
- Sovngarde <-- disambiguation page, with links to:
- Using disambig marks an article as a disambiguation page by adding a banner to the article and categorizing it under Category:Disambiguation Pages. Add links to the various articles under the banner.
- For more information, see Help:Disambiguation.
- When a page has little or no useful information, then it is likely a stub. This template will include them in Category:Stubs, and is used to list which articles need expanding.
- For more information, see Help:Stub.
clr, plus clrl and clrr
- This template is used to reduce the amount of non-wikicode used on pages, replacing the code
<br style="clear:both;" />. Its use should generally be avoided.
- You can use clr instead of the HTML tag that clears space below things like images, pictures and tables, so the following stuff doesn't begin until the bottom of the image, picture or table box.
- You can also use clrl or clrr to clear only left or right floats.
- Use at the top of articles as a simple "for x see y" template.
Main article[edit source]
- Use at the start of a section to link to the main article on it.
Right-aligned table of contents[edit source]
- This template floats the table of contents (toc) on the right. It should only be used when absolutely necessary, to keep consistent design.
- A template that should be used to head up all Project:Sandbox pages.
T is for template[edit source]
t or tl
- This template allows you to show example template code (with a link to the templates) without using the template itself. It is used extensively on this page.
- This template is for welcoming new registered users. Should be customized for the wiki, indicating the pages we most want newcomers to visit.
- This template is very suitable for having "subst:" prefixed, because it can be edited with additions or deletions appropriate to the apparent strengths of the person being welcomed; e.g. if the contributor has already demonstrated good wiki editing skills you could delete references to pages about "how to edit".
- Wikipedia-related templates. Use wikipedia for articles taken directly from Wikipedia, wikipedia-deleted for articles deleted from Wikipedia.
Where you may find more templates[edit source]
- Wikia templates
- Wikipedia; may be copied with the proper acknowledgment, but some need tweaking to work properly on Wikia, so use a Wikia one if possible.
|Nominations||Circle • Comprehensive Articles • Good Articles • Featured Articles|
Featured Images • Featured Poll • Featured Quote • Member of the Month
|Community||Announcements • Black Horse Courier • ESO Guilds • Fandom Staff AMAs • Guilds • Honored Editors|
Interviews • IRC • Moot • Sandbox • Social Media • Staff • Users • Weekly Updates
|Editing||Community portal • Community projects • Image Requests • Images and media for deletion|
Main Page tasks • Moot Tasklist • Morrowind Project • Online Tasklist
Skyrim Tasklist • Speedy deletions • Things to do • Vandalism in progress
|Other||Arbitration • Akatosh Badge • Deleted Articles with Freaky Titles • General disclaimer|
Glossary • Links • Languages • Policies • Quick Index • Sai's Affliction • Shortcut
Templates • What TESWiki is not • Wikipedia • Wikiscrolls