Locations[edit | edit source]
Oblivion[edit | edit source]
Online[edit | edit source]
Contents[edit | edit source]
Tenet 2: Never betray the Dark Brotherhood or its secrets. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Tenet 3: Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Dark Brotherhood superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Tenet 4: Never steal the possessions of a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Tenet 5: Never kill a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tenets seem to have been created by Sithis. They say that killing a Dark Brother or Sister will invoke the Wrath of Sithis, so, if these were created by Sithis, Astrid would technically be violating her master's rules by revoking the Tenets, although at that time they were revoked by the Brotherhood.
- Astrid breaks all of the Tenets during the Dark Brotherhood questline:
- Tenet 1: She dishonors the Night Mother by her reaction and attitude to having the Night Mother's corpse reside in the Falkreath Sanctuary.
- Tenets 2 and 5: She betrays the Dark Brotherhood, and is therefore responsible for the deaths of most of its members.
- Tenet 3: She initially disobeys and refuses to carry out the Night Mother‘s wishes for the Dragonborn to seek out Amaund Motierre at Volunruud.
- Tenet 4: By having the Dragonborn take Cicero's journals in "The Cure for Madness."
- The book is part of the Criminal Correspondence collection in Online.
- The plaques for the Tenets appear in the Sanctuaries in Skyrim, but are incredibly faded and difficult to read.