The Gauldur Amulet is a necklace which grants +30 to Health, Magicka and Stamina. It also has a weight of 0, when most amulets weigh 0.5 or 1. While it increases Stamina, it does not increase carrying capacity.
There are three Gauldur Fragments located in three separate dungeons: Saarthal, Folgunthur, and Geirmund's Hall. Each fragment individually grants +30 to one of the three main stats: Health, Magicka, and Stamina. The fragment in Saarthal can only be found by joining the College of Winterhold and completing the quest "Under Saarthal."
- It has the same appearance as the Saarthal Amulet, Kyne's Token and the Ancient Nord Amulet.
- The amulet is unique in the fact that it weighs nothing, when most other amulets and jewelry have a weight of 0.5 or 1.
- It can be seen in a loading screen worn by a blood splattered, bare chested Orsimer.
- Galdr is the Old Norse word for spell or incantation.
This section contains bugs related to The Gauldur Amulet. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the Dragonborn equips it first, then subsequently attempts to equip another necklace, both will be equipped. This does not work if they equip a necklace, and then equip The Gauldur Amulet second. When the Gauldur Amulet has any items below it in the 'Apparel' list, they can equip it, then equip two other amulets. The Gauldur Amulet will unequip itself with the two other amulets still equipped.
- If the player character has a large body it will mold into the flesh of the character creating quite a strange look. This, however, is not a common bug.
- Sometimes the amulet appears invisible on the wearer's body.
- In Geirmund's Hall sometimes the amulet is gone, in the local map indicator will appear under water.
- Some players experience a bug where they are not able to open the first door in Reachwater. This bug can be fixed by:
- Reloading a save that occurred just before entering the cave.
- Reload the game, go in, and go straight to the dead adventurer on the hill. He has a copy of Lost Legends.
- Read the book, then take it.
- Re-try the door with the right combination.
- It may not be in the player's inventory at all after retrieving it from Reachwater Rock.
- The player may not be able to remove it from their inventory using normal means, dropping it simply makes it appear and disappear from the inventory menu, not making it "materialize" in front of the player.