On the bow of ship sits the carved effigy of an Elven woman, while a statue on the prow displays a cloaked male figure. The woman on the bow may be Katariah I.
The Katariah appears during Hail Sithis! quest and is docked for rest of the game.
Had the Dragonborn been appointed Listener of the Dark Brotherhood during the Fourth Era, they might have infiltrated The Katariah to assassinate Emperor Titus Mede II on a contract, set up by Amaund Motierre of the Elder Council.
During that time, the Emperor sailed on The Katariah, while visiting Castle Dour in Solitude. He visits Skyrim after his cousin, Vittoria Vici, is assassinated at her own wedding. To enter the Katariah you have to climb up the anchor chain which will put you into the ship in the quest Hail sithis for the dark brotherhood.
- Your first time on the boat you may find a sailor slitting other sailors and guards throats.
- Penitus Oculatus soldiers
- A unique Scimitar called Windshear can be found on the deck of the ship.
- Skill Book King: Two-Handed.
- The unique piece of clothing, Emperor's Robes, can be found in the Emperor's sleeping quarters.
- The Gilded Wristguards can be found in the Emperor's chambers.
- A Flawless Ruby can be found in the Emperor's chambers.
- A Soul Gem can be found behind the door in the Emperor's sleeping quarters.