The Katariah is a ship in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Docked in the Haafingar Hold, likely named after Katariah I, the former Dunmer Empress during the Third Era. The Katariah appears during "Hail Sithis!" quest and is docked for the rest of the game. To enter The Katariah, the Dragonborn must climb the anchor chain at the ship's stern.
On the bow of ship sits the carved effigy of an Elven woman, while a statue on the stern displays a winged dragon figure. The woman on the bow is presumed to be Katariah. Due to the ship being the Emperor's personal flagship, Imperial banners similar to those of the Penitus Oculatus Outpost and of forts under Imperial Legion control, are draped on the sides of the hull and flying from the bow and stern of the ship.
If the Dragonborn has been appointed Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, they will need to infiltrate The Katariah to assassinate Emperor Titus Mede II on a contract set up by Amaund Motierre from the Elder Council.
- A unique scimitar called Windshear can be found on the deck of the ship. Head all the way up the bow and it will be at the end of the bowspirit.
- King (Two-Handed skill book)
- A rare piece of clothing, the Emperor's Robes, can be found in the Emperor's sleeping quarters and on the Emperor's body.
- The unique Gilded Wristguards can be found in the Emperor's chambers.
- A Flawless Ruby can be found in the Emperor's chambers.
- Katariah Master Key on the body of Captain Avidius and on the body of Lieutenant Salvarus.
- A dead Penitus Oculatus Agent and Sailor can be found on the ship.
- On the deck, if a dragon attacks, it is possible for it to land underneath the water. This, however, does not harm the dragon, and it eventually resurfaces.
- The Katariah appears to be the only accessible ship in Skyrim that is not in the style of a Nordic longboat.
- The carving of a dragon on the stern may be an allusion to Akatosh, who is commonly depicted as a dragon and is heavily associated with Emperors of Tamriel.