Background[edit | edit source]
After completing several mundane tasks for the Mages Guild, and improved their magical skills, the Agent will be accepted as a member of the Guild. Guildmagisters will therefore begin to offer the Agent more difficult tasks, rewarding them with and a boost to their reputation, meaning they can climb further through the Guild's ranks.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Speak with a Guildmagister from the Mages Guild.
- Journey to and enter the specified dungeon.
- Track down and kill the rogue Wizard.
- Return to the Guildmagister before the time limit expires.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After spending some time with the Mages Guild, and gained a fair amount of notoriety, the Agent will be asked to complete a more dangerous task. Speaking with a Guildmagister will reveal that a "crazed" Wizard has gone rogue, and is now a threat to the entire region. The regional ruler has asked the Guild to deal with the powerful rogue, and it is the Agent who must remove this threat from existence.
The Power of Madness[edit | edit source]
The Wizard has holed themself up in a nearby dungeon, into which the Agent must delve if they are to end their threat. Inside, the Agent will face a variety of creatures and enemies, all randomly generated. The Wizard will appear as a mage, and will attack the Agent on sight.
Once the Wizard lies dead, confirmed by a notification, the Agent must escape the dungeon and return to the Guildmagister before the time limit expires.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The Agent will receive a random magical item from the Guildmagister, alongside the boost to their reputation within the Guild. The penalties for failing the quest are relatively high by comparison, but will also see gains among some anti-Mage Guild factions:
Journal[edit | edit source]
|The Rogue Wizard - n0b20y05|
The Mages Guild of [town] has asked me to slay the Wizard of [dungeon]. I need to have the deed done in [x] days in order to collect my reward.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- NPCs have a variety of comments to make referencing the quest when asked for any news:
- "The Mages Guild has sent someone to deal with that mad wizard in [dungeon]."
- "Everyone's just holding their breath, waiting for that wizard's next move."
- "Hopefully, that's the last we hear of the mad wizard of [dungeon]."
- "It seems kind of quiet now that we don't have a mad wizard to worry about."
- "Not even the Mages Guild could do anything about that crazed sorceror."
- "No one knows where that [wizard's name] is, but nowhere's safe until [he/she]'s gone."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Mages Guild|
|Services||Guildmagister • Odylic Mages • Academics • Patricians • Isolationists • Utility Mages • Crafters • The Cabal • Teleportation|
|Non-member Quests||A Missing Book • Ingredient Gathering • The Pet Imp • The Ancient Scroll|
|Member Quests||The Rare Ingredient • Unwrapping a Mummy • The Non-sleeping Noble • A Researcher's Notes • The Stuck Lock • A Question of Azimuthal Vectors|
|Reputational Quests||The Escaped Atronach • Guild Guarding • A Mage's Bodyguard • The Rogue Wizard • A Noble's Prophecy • An Irritating Imp • Banishing a Daedra|
|Baltham Greyman||The Former Student • Wonders Beyond Imagining • The Magical Hoard|