- Plant the evidence in the wealthy home in the city
- Return to Vex
Choose Shill, and she will instruct the Dragonborn to go to plant a certain item in a random target's property. This usually involves lockpicking so amulets, potions, or rings with the appropriate enchantments/effects may be useful. Break into the target container and plant the item (taking other items at the same time won't affect the outcome). Return to Vex for a reward.
It is not actually necessary to alert a guard for this quest to complete successfully. The quest may register as completed and instruct the Dragonborn to go directly to Vex, whereupon the reward will still be received and the job will count as one of the small jobs in the city.
These side quests play no role in the successful completion of the Thieves Guild main quest.
|List of Targets for the quest|
|The Shill Job – TGRDU|
|20||I've been told to plant the <Alias=Evidence> in <Alias=WealthyHome> in <Alias=City>. I need to complete this job without killing any of the location's residents or getting caught and spending time in jail.|
|I've successfully planted the <Alias=Evidence> in <Alias=WeathyHome> in <Alias=City>.
|200||I've successfully completed the job and received my share of the pay.
|250||By killing a resident at the task's location, I've failed this job and was forced to forfeit my share of the pay.
|During the course of the task, I was arrested and sent to the local jail. I've therefore failed the job and was force to forfeit my share of the pay.
|Before the task could be completed, I decided to quit. I've therefore failed the job and forfeited any pay I might have received.
- The Dragonborn must plant the item in the exact location that the quest marker points to. This is usually a chest in the target's house. The Dragonborn cannot just plant the item anywhere they fancy.
This section contains bugs related to The Shill Job. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The item that is supposed to be planted may not be given to the player, making it impossible to finish the quest.
- Fix: Go back to Vex and quit the mission.
- Items planted and retrieved may be sold to a fence, but will still be tagged as stolen if repurchased.
If Heimskr's House is picked as the target and the "Battle for Whiterun" has already been completed, then this quest will be impossible to complete since the house is destroyed in the battle. Simply return to Vex and quit the mission.
- console, type
coc WhiterunHeimskrsHouse. That way the required item can be obtained. Using the
- console, type