Having escaped from Privateer's Hold, the Agent may wish to join one of the temples of the Eight Divines scattered across the Iliac Bay. To do so, the Agent must enter one of the Temples to speak with the Missionary responsible for everyday duties. They will declare that the Agent's reputation within the Temple is too low for them to join, but by doing some quests for no reward the Agent's reputation will improve.
- Speak with a Missionary of a Temple.
- Speak with the local populace to find out where the thief came from.
- Journey to the specified town and ask the populace about the thief.
- Speak with the thief in their lair in the town.
- Escape from the lair.
- Return to the Missionary before the deadline to complete the quest.
Speaking with a Temple Missionary reveals that the Temple is recovering from a recent break-in, which resulted in one of their relics being stolen. With the rest of the members busy, the Missionary is prepared to let the Agent track down the thief, giving them both a name and a description of the thief's race.
With a name and a race, the Agent can begin questioning the local population outside of the Temple about the thief. At some point one of the locals will reveal that the thief is from another town, although there is a chance that they will lie, a fact proven by their incorrect description. Once the correct town has been named, the Agent must head to the location.
After arriving at the thief's home town, the Agent will have to ask around again to find the house that the thief is using. Upon entering the house the Agent must then speak with the thief, who will hand the item back to them, before calling for his associates. The Agent must escape the house once they spawn, although they are free to kill the thief's friends.
Once clear, the Agent must return to the Missionary and hand them the relic before the time limit ends to complete the quest.
Although there is no physical reward for completing the quest, the Agent will get either positive or negative reputation gains depending on success or failure:
|The Stolen Item - c0c00y12|
[Quest giver's name], of [temple] in [temple town], has given me the chance to find [religious item] which had been stolen by a [thief's description] named [thief's name]. I have [x] days to get it back.
- If the time limit expires while the Agent has the item in their inventory it will not disappear.
- When asked for any news, NPCs will have a variety of responses based on the progress of the quest:
- Acceptance: "[Thief's name] is holed up in [thief's building] in [thief's town]. A good place to hide from [temple]."
- Success: "[Thief's name] was brought to justice, and [temple] got their [religious item] back."
- Failure: "[Temple] will never get that [religious item] back it seems."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Temples|
|Temples||Akatosh Chantry • Order of Arkay • House of Dibella • School of Julianos • Temple of Kynareth • Benevolence of Mara • Temple of Stendarr • Resolution of Z'en|
|Templar Orders||Order of the Hour • Knights of the Circle • Order of the Lily • Knights Mentor • Kynaran Order • Maran Knights • Crusaders • Knights of Iron|
|Non-member Quests||The Healing • The Spook • The Stolen Item • An Errand|
|Member Quests||The Haunted House • The Obsessed Child • The Missing Scholar • The Insane Priest • Hunt for Undead • The Heretic • The Cursed Weapon • The Expiatory Sacrifice • A Delivery • The Relic • The Rite of Atonement • The Great Evil|
|Unique Quests||Avenge the Dragons • The Desecrated Temple • Desired Artwork • The Price of Knowledge • The Arm of Fury • A Powerful Spirit • A Special Plant • The Bounty|