- Given to the Dragonborn by Tonilia if they become a member of the Thieves Guild.
- Another full set can be found in the training room area of the guild. It rests on the tables and cupboards of the Ragged Flagon - Cistern and re-spawns.
- Additional armor pieces can be located around the Dragonborn's bed in the cistern.
The Thieves Guild Hood can be upgraded at a workbench with leather and the Arcane Blacksmith perk, however it does not benefit from any Smithing perks. This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to fortify Smithing.
Wearing this piece of armor grants the following skill bonuses:
- Fortify Barter: 10 points
After completing the quest "Scoundrel's Folly" without killing Gulum-Ei, the opportunity for Tonilia to upgrade one piece of the armor opens up. Upgrading the hood increases the Fortify Barter enchantment to 15 points.
After completing the quest "Under New Management", the current pair of Thieves Guild armor is exchanged for a superior set called the Guild Master's armor. The Guild Master's hood has an improved Fortify Barter enchantment even stronger than an upgraded Thieves Guild hood.
This section contains bugs related to Thieves Guild Hood. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- vampire, equipping the hood makes it invisible and also creates a hole at the top of your hair, except if you are a Khajiit or Argonian. If the Dragonborn is a
- Halfway disappears and can equip another hood as long as the Thieves Guild hood is still the first one equipped. (i.e. wearing the Thieves Guild Hood with Dark Brotherhood Shrouds. Randomly occurs after a few quests while wearing Thieves Guild Armor then equipping another hood.).
- Nightingale armor can cause the Dragonborn's head (but not the hood) to disappear. Wearing this hood with the