FANDOM


  • I went to the battle of miraak, everytime i called for a dragon and went on him, we just became ethreal and nothing happend. I killed the dragon and miraak got the soul, i lowered his health, killed the other dragon, he got the soul again. lowered his health and now he is stuck in the middle of the arena. By looking at walkthroughs, i saw that i need 5 black books, which i only have 2???? and when you read waking dreams it should make you ride his dragon n stuff but for me it right away puts me in the fight with him
    EDIT: forgot to add in that when it puts me in the fight, it just starts, no dialog or anything.

      Loading editor
    • Reload save happened to me. Not sure exactly what fixed.

        Loading editor
    • ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:
      Reload save happened to me. Not sure exactly what fixed.

      i tried everything everyone told me or what i found, couldnt actually fix it

        Loading editor
    • RedWolfYT wrote:

      ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:
      Reload save happened to me. Not sure exactly what fixed.

      i tried everything everyone told me or what i found, couldnt actually fix it

      Did you try hard resetting the game? Force closes it.

        Loading editor
    • ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:

      RedWolfYT wrote:

      ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:
      Reload save happened to me. Not sure exactly what fixed.
      i tried everything everyone told me or what i found, couldnt actually fix it
      Did you try hard resetting the game? Force closes it.

      What kind of hard-reset? Will i lose any of my progress?

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:587:A08:2700:9090:43EE:271B:F1AE wrote:

      ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:

      RedWolfYT wrote:

      ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:
      Reload save happened to me. Not sure exactly what fixed.
      i tried everything everyone told me or what i found, couldnt actually fix it
      Did you try hard resetting the game? Force closes it.

      What kind of hard-reset? Will i lose any of my progress?

      No you save and close the game completely, you might have to hard reset the console also. Aka unplug, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in. Fixes a whole bunch of bugs.

        Loading editor
    • ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:

      No you save and close the game completely, you might have to hard reset the console also. Aka unplug, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in. Fixes a whole bunch of bugs.

      1. I'm on PC. 

      2. Already tried that. still cant

        Loading editor
    • Have you tried killing the dragons before he can suck their souls out?

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:587:A08:2700:29F0:39F3:7830:8A41 wrote:

      ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:

      No you save and close the game completely, you might have to hard reset the console also. Aka unplug, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in. Fixes a whole bunch of bugs.

      1. I'm on PC. 

      2. Already tried that. still cant

      You can unplug computers :P or shut down. Idk what else to try I forgot how I fixed.

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold wrote:
      Have you tried killing the dragons before he can suck their souls out?

      i have 2 black books, not 5, cant find any other ones

      when i read waking dreams it teleports me right into the Miraak battle, no dialog no anything

      when i lower his health and he becomes ethreal, he goes into the middle and shouts for the dragon

      the dragons keep flying and nothing happends

        Loading editor
    • You don't need the other Black Books; they're not necessary for the questline.

      Did you progress the quest normally otherwise, with Storn Crag-Strider dying and such? In that case, you rereading the book and going right into the battle makes sense.

      In any case, try killing the dragons before attacking Miraak.

        Loading editor
    • OH try leaving via black book before you get on the dragon I think that's what fixed it.

        Loading editor
    • ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:
      OH try leaving via black book before you get on the dragon I think that's what fixed it.

      can't because im in combat

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold wrote:
      You don't need the other Black Books; they're not necessary for the questline.

      Did you progress the quest normally otherwise, with Storn Crag-Strider dying and such? In that case, you rereading the book and going right into the battle makes sense.

      In any case, try killing the dragons before attacking Miraak.

      Right when he dies, i read the book. With what i've seen from walkthroughs it would normally put me in the start of the first book, but instead it puts me right into the battle with no dialog, no anything. When he shouts for his dragon it doesn't come because basically i haven't even rode him.

        Loading editor
    • That sounds like you might have to reload a save from before even starting the quest if you can.

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold wrote: That sounds like you might have to reload a save from before even starting the quest if you can.

      Just before you use the bend will shout to ride the dragon when you get that far in the book. Random has a different problem though.

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:587:A08:2700:2882:5A57:992F:D30C wrote:

      Ottoman Hold wrote:
      You don't need the other Black Books; they're not necessary for the questline.

      Did you progress the quest normally otherwise, with Storn Crag-Strider dying and such? In that case, you rereading the book and going right into the battle makes sense.

      In any case, try killing the dragons before attacking Miraak.

      Right when he dies, i read the book. With what i've seen from walkthroughs it would normally put me in the start of the first book, but instead it puts me right into the battle with no dialog, no anything. When he shouts for his dragon it doesn't come because basically i haven't even rode him.

      Might need to wait a little bit like an hour using wait function. If that doesn't work try suicide to leave the book then re-enter.

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold wrote:
      That sounds like you might have to reload a save from before even starting the quest if you can.

      I don't have any saves before that

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:587:A08:2700:A8CD:8A4A:7B60:C44B wrote:
      Ottoman Hold wrote:
      That sounds like you might have to reload a save from before even starting the quest if you can.
      I don't have any saves before that

      UPDATE!!!!: IT GOT FIXED! What i did:

      opened up console, clicked on him and typed StopCombat

      i types "setstage dlc2mq06 500

      selected him again, typed "disable" and then "enable"

      close console

      cutscene where he dies plays :D

        Loading editor
    • 2A02:587:A08:2700:A8CD:8A4A:7B60:C44B wrote:
      2A02:587:A08:2700:A8CD:8A4A:7B60:C44B wrote:
      Ottoman Hold wrote:
      That sounds like you might have to reload a save from before even starting the quest if you can.
      I don't have any saves before that
      UPDATE!!!!: IT GOT FIXED!

      What i did:

      opened up console, clicked on him and typed StopCombat

      i types "setstage dlc2mq06 500

      selected him again, typed "disable" and then "enable"

      close console

      cutscene where he dies plays :D

      forgot to login ^^ this is actually me

      forgot to mention, if he is stuck on the tentacle, open console, click on him and type kill

      and you can get his loot

        Loading editor
    • RedWolfYT wrote: forgot to login ^^ this is actually me

      forgot to mention, if he is stuck on the tentacle, open console, click on him and type kill

      and you can get his loot

      We just need a non-console fix now

        Loading editor
    • ThatsOneCrazyCat wrote:

      RedWolfYT wrote: forgot to login ^^ this is actually me

      forgot to mention, if he is stuck on the tentacle, open console, click on him and type kill

      and you can get his loot

      We just need a non-console fix now

      I don't know about that

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.