FANDOM


  • What I would like to talk about is why Imperials are unplayable in the Elder Scrolls Online? there is no real reason to ban them, and they should at least be included in a DLC in the future.


    Long Live the Emperor, Long Live the Empire!

      Loading editor
    • there actually is a reason the imperials are one of the main focuses of the plot molag bal is indirectly controlling them

        Loading editor
    • (I Moved this thread to the Online Discussion section).

      As Xerox has said though ... there is a reason why you can't play as them. (However, Matt Firor did say "at launch"). This means that it may be possible to be Imperial later on.

      For now though - its only the 3 races of the 3 alliances.

        Loading editor
    • Just on a side note, they could potentially become a dlc based playable race in the future . Much like Blizzard did with the pandaran race starting out neutral and choosing the faction they want to become part of . The Imperials in this case, could be soldiers / mages / archers /  etc who deserted / fled / got rescued and then join 1 of the 3 possible factions.

        Loading editor
    • For now, Molag Bal is playing the Imperials so we cannot play the characters Malag Bal is playing. Perhaps in the future Imperials are playable. It's an online game it will keep updating everything as time goes by.

        Loading editor
    • Also, on a side note, Cyrodiil (homeland of the Imperials, just in case you didn't know) is going to be the main battlegrounds for the 3 alliances because of it's central location.

        Loading editor
    • my poor imperial dragonborn and his main girl Serana are going to have to sit this battle out.... how disappointing......  good thing i moved to Solsteim...

        Loading editor
    • 24.101.77.165 wrote:
      my poor imperial dragonborn and his main girl Serana are going to have to sit this battle out.... how disappointing......  good thing i moved to Solsteim...


      well, you both don't exist yet... you have to wait 1 000 years for you to born

        Loading editor
    • AlxCj wrote:
      24.101.77.165 wrote:
      my poor imperial dragonborn and his main girl Serana are going to have to sit this battle out.... how disappointing......  good thing i moved to Solsteim...

      well, you both don't exist yet... you have to wait 1 000 years for you to born

      50% correct: The Dragonborn of Skyrim has yet to be born, Serana however is alive, although sleeping. She was born before the founding of the Empire.

        Loading editor
    • Darynael wrote:
      AlxCj wrote:
      24.101.77.165 wrote:
      my poor imperial dragonborn and his main girl Serana are going to have to sit this battle out.... how disappointing......  good thing i moved to Solsteim...

      well, you both don't exist yet... you have to wait 1 000 years for you to born
      50% correct: The Dragonborn of Skyrim has yet to be born, Serana however is alive, although sleeping. She was born before the founding of the Empire.


      well, that's good to know... then i hope we can fight Harkon...

        Loading editor
    • ...Did you hear that? the guards are coming...for you! hahahahahahaha!!!

        Loading editor
    • I wish that Imperials were playable online, just like other races in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim...


        Loading editor
    • Some of my friends and I just applied for the beta, I hope at least I get in.

        Loading editor
    • I really wanna play this game and ofcourse join the Nords to crush the dominion :D

      Poor Imperials..under molag bal's mind controlling tricks.

        Loading editor
    • Aww, can't make my samurai class now, well, looks like i'll be sticking with my daedra hunter

        Loading editor
    • dang it i wish you could play as Imperials. in all the elder scroll games i have im an imperial and really stop playing as a imperial? heck no!

        Loading editor
    • screw molag bal to think i killed a guy for him in esv (elder scrolls 5 if you didnt know but you probs did)

        Loading editor
    • 68.84.15.185 wrote:
      screw molag bal to think i killed a guy for him in esv (elder scrolls 5 if you didnt know but you probs did)

      The sad thing is, some people didnt. There's a picture going round the internet of someone saying how much better GTA 5 is to GTA V.

        Loading editor
    • Timeoin wrote:
      68.84.15.185 wrote:
      screw molag bal to think i killed a guy for him in esv (elder scrolls 5 if you didnt know but you probs did)
      The sad thing is, some people didnt. There's a picture going round the internet of someone saying how much better GTA 5 is to GTA V.

      what? really? where can i find this picture?

        Loading editor
    • Its been floating around on Facebook for a while now.

        Loading editor
    • i haven't seen it...

        Loading editor
    • 92.30.228.88 wrote:
      Aww, can't make my samurai class now, well, looks like i'll be sticking with my daedra hunter


      Imperals where never samurai to begin with, the blades where sort of but mainly the Akaivari  would be a race pick for samurais but their not a part of tamerial Their nation is in a distant land.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:
      i haven't seen it...

      I would find it, but I "like" several hundred a day ... its long gone.

        Loading editor
    • I would think that not all the Imperials could be controlled. I feel Imperials should be playable sometime later and like the WOW pandas be able to choose whatever faction they want.

        Loading editor
    • 76.179.56.135 wrote:
      I would think that not all the Imperials could be controlled. I feel Imperials should be playable sometime later and like the WOW pandas be able to choose whatever faction they want.

      Having never played Wow, I am going to assume that somehow they have awesome Kung Fu Powers, and sound exactly like one of the two people from Tenacious D.

        Loading editor
    • I never interpreted the whole "Imperials are under Molag Bal's influence) thing as mind-control of the entire race, but rather control (of some sort) over the Empire. As for why Imperials aren't playable in ESO, it's because they aren't part of any of the three factions. In fact, they're busy being invaded on four fronts. I suppose you could choose any faction if you went with an Imperial character, but then they would be getting special treatment.

        Loading editor
    • Presumably the Imperial race are going to be the guards in the games.

      As for them not being a playable race... don't feel bad - they weren't in Arena and Daggerfall either.

      (At least they werent killable creatures, like the Orcs, though).

        Loading editor
    • Imperial is playable for those who pre buy the game online.

      I dont know if it's only for beta tester or for everyone.

      I just receive an email from bethesda.

        Loading editor
    • If you look at the date that this topic was started, you'll see it was posted over a year ago, when at the time Imperial was not a playable race.

      We just barely found out yesterday, that if one purchases the "Imperial Edition" of The Elder Scrolls Online, that they will have the option to play as the Imperial race.

        Loading editor
    • That's right, according to the image that Amazon leaked.

        Loading editor
    • I was joking when I said you could play as an Imperial if you bought the Limited Edition of the game, I swear, I was joking! I'm not sure if I'm psychic or if Zenimax is just trying to annoy me.

        Loading editor
    • If I could join the Legion then I would go Imperial...

        Loading editor
    • It's for real, you can play as an Imperial if you pre-order the Imperial Edition. Not only that, you can start playing 5 days earlier if you pre-order.

        Loading editor
    • You can play five days earlier just ordering the basic digital version as well.

        Loading editor
    • UselessArgonianMage wrote:
      I was joking when I said you could play as an Imperial if you bought the Limited Edition of the game, I swear, I was joking! I'm not sure if I'm psychic or if Zenimax is just trying to annoy me.

      Yeah, its not fun when you joke about things related to ESO, and they turn out to have been right. :P

      Not that I would know!

        Loading editor
    • Well now you can play as an Imperial, but i'm new to this game and just bought the game along wtih Imperial edition. If what you guys say is true then will i change the storyline when i play if i play as an imperial from the beginning?

        Loading editor
    • No, the story stays the same regardless of your chosen race. It's the faction you pick that will affect your story.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.