FANDOM


  • I was thinking could this be true because Martin has dragon blood and so do we and I know what if the dragonborn is kajiit but it could be that martins son or daughter had babies with a kajiit or something I mean really how could he not even have one secrete son or daughter that was born after he died

      Loading editor
    • No, because at some point in the following years millions of women would come out saying their child was the son or daughter of Martin Septim so they could live in luxury and blah blah blah. Also, he was young and a priest thats how he didn't have a secret son or daughter. 

        Loading editor
    • Bethesda always prefers that at the beginning of the game your character be a Mr. nobody

      so your character has no past that attaches him his personality, that lets you make your character whatever you want...

        Loading editor
    • My Dragonborn is the son of Martin Septim and Jauffre.

        Loading editor
    • Martin was not a Dragonborn when you hear people say the Emperors had the blood of a Dragon they were refering to the Amulet of Kings (only a few of the very first Emperors were Dragonborn i think). It also say's on his wiki page he had no children and was the last in the Septim line. It is your game though you can roleplay however you want.

        Loading editor
    • All those within the Septim bloodline were Dragonborn. The issue was, there were no dragons for most of them to obtain power from. How in the world there was a Dragonborn in Skyrim when the Septim bloodline was shown to have been decimated is beyond me.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote:
      Martin was not a Dragonborn when you hear people say the Emperors had the blood of a Dragon they were refering to the Amulet of Kings (only a few of the very first Emperors were Dragonborn i think). It also say's on his wiki page he had no children and was the last in the Septim line. It is your game though you can roleplay however you want.

      but how did only martin and ureil be able to get the amulet of kings? why could the hero of kvach not wear it?

        Loading editor
    • Maybe it was somehow enchanted by Akatosh when he created it to only recognize a Septim or being a desendant leave a small diluted amount of dragon blood (though the lore would say no) and that lets the wear the amulet.

      A actual Dragonborn has the blood and soul of a dragon its a rare blessing from Akatosh not something that is fully passed down to another generation. As the Dragonborn page says (copy/paste) -

      "The first Dragonborn was purportedly Saint Alessia, the Nedic slave queen who was blessed by Akatosh and given the Amulet of Kings to seal the covenant between them. This began the tradition of all legitimate rulers of the Cyrodilic Empire referred to as Dragonborn as only they could wear the Amulet of Kings and light the Dragonfires..."

      "Dragonborn scarcely exist, and it is rare for more than one to appear within an era. They can belong to any race or gender, since the Dragon blood is a "gift" bestowed to certain mortals favored by Akatosh."

      Septims are all referred to as Dragonborn as a title not as a actual Dragonborn (like Alessia, Tiber Septim, the player or Miraak). Thats the way i interpret it anyway.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote:
      Maybe it was somehow enchanted by Akatosh when he created it to only recognize a Septim or being a desendant leave a small diluted amount of dragon blood (though the lore would say no) and that lets the wear the amulet...

      Do not trust everything on wikis. They can be edited by everyone, you must remember. Play Oblivion again, though. It is specifically mentioned that the Amulet can only be worn by those with the dragon blood, which is why an heir of Uriel is needed to re-light the dragon fires. In your first dialogue with Uriel before he is killed, he'll even mention that his other heirs are dead, forcing you to find his illegitimate son, meaning that the gift of the dragon blood is indeed passed down from parents to their children.

        Loading editor
    • As i said its just the way i interpret it (the wiki and playing the game's) to put it simply later Septims have the blood but not the soul of a Dragon they are Dragonborn in name only. We will have to just agree to dis-agree.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote:
      As i said its just the way i interpret it (the wiki and playing the game's) to put it simply later Septims have the blood but not the soul of a Dragon they are Dragonborn in name only. We will have to just agree to dis-agree.

      I suppose. But there's a fine line between personal interpretation, and spitting in the wind of established lore.

        Loading editor
    • Well there is no mention of Miraak having any children, but as a high ranking Dragon Priest it can be assumed he had a fair share of concubines which would mean his dragon blood, if Garoux's theory is correct, could be scattered all over but only brought to the surface by current events or something like that.

        Loading editor
    • I agree with AzuraKnight, there is no evidence to support any kind of hereditary Dragon Blood. Dragonborn are "made," not simply born as a scion of a the former one. It's not that difficult to understand, really: Akatosh decides the world needs a new Dragonborn, he makes one - simple as that. Imagine the horror of having an entire dynasty of superpowered emperors and empresses... as if the Septim dynasty wasn't bloody enough without them Shouting each other to death. XD

      Yes, I know, the objection about there being no dragons... but the Greybeards were willing enough to anoint both the Skyrim player and Tiber Septim as Ysmir, without there being any other need than simply to prove they were Dragonborn - which was done by quickly learning the Thu'um through the knowledge they provided. As such, any Septim could have become a master of the Thu'um, had they bothered to learn (quite a few lived in Skyrim as well).

      Now imagine what someone like Queen Potema or Pelagius the 3rd would do to get such power. The fact that they didn't is evidence enough that all Septims being "of the Dragon blood" is nothing more but a fancy and void title.

        Loading editor
    • It all depends on your roleplay and cannon. My dovakinn has the blood (Soul) of the enternal champion, the nervane and the hero of kvatch (and any other heros Ive missed from previous games) and the gods keep sending him back to nirn as a protector.

        Loading editor
    • I think that Martin got funky with Caroline or Jena ;) and 200 years later their descendant was discovered as dragonborn

        Loading editor
    • AlxCj wrote:
      Bethesda always prefers that at the beginning of the game your character be a Mr. nobody

      so your character has no past that attaches him his personality, that lets you make your character whatever you want...

      They cleary failed in Skyrim.

      at the very begining of the game you suddenly become "DA GRATEST WURRIOR EVAAAAAAAAAARRRRR"

        Loading editor
    • 70.27.76.53 wrote:
      AlxCj wrote:
      Bethesda always prefers that at the beginning of the game your character be a Mr. nobody

      so your character has no past that attaches him his personality, that lets you make your character whatever you want...

      They cleary failed in Skyrim.

      at the very begining of the game you suddenly become "DA GRATEST WURRIOR EVAAAAAAAAAARRRRR"

      No, the Nerevarine has very similar circumstances in the fact that they have power which is given to them by coincidence. The same goes for every great warrior in the whole lore of the Elder Scrolls and in other games, the answer to all of this is the basis of the series and the naming factor... The Elder Scrolls foresee all, they see saw a prisoner and they stated the prophecy of Jagar Tharn, it saw the Warp of the West coming, it saw the Oblivion crisis and an unlikely hero. With Morrowind and Skyrim they have a name for the prophecy and that is all that is different. The Dragonborn probably became the Dragonborn as they were born on a certain day to uncertain parents after the events of the previous games, the final part of the prophecy was the civil war. So blame Ulfric for the Dragonborn coming to be who they are.

        Loading editor
    • Even though the wiki page says Martin had no children, I'd imagine he could since he talks about how hes done things he isn't proud of and that he wasn't always a priest. He knew how to handle the Mysterium Xarxes (I think thats how you spell it) and open a portal to Oblivion after all. I think the "blood of the dragon" refers to Septim Blood not actual dragon blood because its been shown that its not linear. But the first Dragonborn were made from their hate for dragons weren't they? And there was at least 3 fighting Alduin at the Throat of the world so back then it wasn't a rare thing. But I think its safe to assume that AzureKnight and 213.143.72.174 are right and the newest Dragonborn is chosen because he or she is needed. And I totally agree with AlxCj on the fact that the character always starts out as a blank slate and shaped by the player.

        Loading editor
    • The thing Martin wasn't proud of was that he used to be a Daedra worshiper its all on his page here.

        Loading editor
    • I know but what I'm saying is you don't think theres some minimal chance at least of a young Daedra worshiper getting it in with someone? Some prostitute in a town or a fellow worshipper? Like what I'm saying is he can worship a Daedra, but he kept his virginity? Idk man..

        Loading editor
    • Nobody ever said he kept his virginity, we're saying he didn't have kids.  If he did, don't you think he would have mentioned it with the whole, "we need the Septim Bloodline" thing?  And if he didn't know about the hypothetical child, then it would be lost to time.  Eventually the racial preferences would win out and the mother's race would take over, and the bloodline would be diminished and lost.  We're talking a pretty good span of time, and Martin was already not of the 'preferred royal lines' and all that.  Martin with some lowly commoner (especially while mixed up in Deadra worship) would most likely not be blessed by Akatosh at that time.  This means the child would lose some of that special stuff that makes the Septims who they were.

        Loading editor
    • Also the Elder Scrolls prophecy actually say's that the Septim line would end and Alduin would return, and Alduin did return.

        Loading editor
    • Thats all true and I agree so it doesn't matter, but if he did know of the child he could have not said anything because he was still alive, why bring up your child if you could do the deed required. I wouln't bring my children into something like that, and then they'd get assassinated. But thats the point of the child being lost to time. He could resurface as a prisoner in Skyrim as a great descendent. And AzuraKnights correct as always so Martin didn't have any kids. These were just theories and counter arguments to keep the thread going and the knowledge train a chuggin.

        Loading editor
    • Don't necessarily listen to me i think Ysolda is the perfect wife...

        Loading editor
    • From 'The Book of the Dragonborn' -

      "The line of Septims have all been Dragonborn, of course, which is one reason the simplistic notion of it being hereditary has become so commonplace.... And of course there is no known hereditary connection between Tiber Septim and any of the previous Dragonborn rulers of Tamriel."

      It seems Dragonborn, Septims, and Blood-relation are not all mutually exclusive. Proving that both the relation to Martin theory has validity as well as the non-septim dragonborn theory does as well.

        Loading editor
    • If you're related to Martin, wouldn't that make you a Septim?  That means the bloodline didn't die out, which makes the prophecy invalid. 

        Loading editor
    • Then again though if a girl gets married she doesn't have the same last name. The child would have the fathers name you know? He could have septim blood but he wouldn't actually be a Septim. If we took this very literally.

        Loading editor
    • The exact prophecy was " The Dragonborn ruler loses his throne and the White Tower falls." Its implied that the Dragonborn Rule ends, not that the bloodline does.

        Loading editor
    • They're talking about a different prophecy that says Alduin will return when the Septim blood line ends.

        Loading editor
    • Implications and beliefs are very different things.  So is what gets considered canon.  I've never heard anyone say anything about even the slightest possibly of there still being Septim blood out there.  This leads me to believe that Bethesda wants you to read into as though all the Septims are gone.  Especially since that's what you are told, prophecies are always a little vague - to say the least.  They don't fill in the exact details, otherwise they wouldn't require faith to act on. 

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      Implications and beliefs are very different things.  So is what gets considered canon.  I've never heard anyone say anything about even the slightest possibly of there still being Septim blood out there.  This leads me to believe that Bethesda wants you to read into as though all the Septims are gone.  Especially since that's what you are told, prophecies are always a little vague - to say the least.  They don't fill in the exact details, otherwise they wouldn't require faith to act on. 

      My point was that the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. If a player wishes to believe that their Skyrim character is of Septim blood there's no proof to the contrary and it should be allowed within the realm of possibility until there's irrefutable canon saying otherwise.

        Loading editor
    • And that's fine, Anon 68.153.etc.  There's nothing wrong with that, I just disagree.  If you took what I was saying as arguementative, then I appologize.  I am here to debate and discuss, not argue.  This is why I used the words "leads me to believe" in my points.

        Loading editor
    • Oh, I'm not meaning to argue either, I'm just rewording what I originally stated. Since many things are left to interpretation in The Elder Scroll universe, then many things are possible. Neither of us are entirely wrong but neither are we entirely right. Some neither confirmed nor denied lore seems to be left to the player's own imagination. Just as some characters may marry Aela and some may marry Ysolda. Neither is the correct match though neither is the wrong match, leaving the Dragonborn's lineage just as malleable to individual perception.

        Loading editor
    • And nearly as vague as the hero's gender/race/death will be in the next game, lol.

        Loading editor
    • Oh no, they'll definitely give us an explanation this time. Not like the last..... five times.......

        Loading editor
    • Lol, dude make an account! You're too good at this not to..

        Loading editor
    • And ruin the mystique of being an anonymous contributor? Perish the thought!

        Loading editor
    • Well, it all goes back to the whole player viewpoint thing.  A lot of ideas and interpretation. Plus, if they said the Dragonborn was a Male Dunmer that joined the Companions and the Dark Brotherhood, who married Ysolda after becoming a Werewolf and being cured, then joined the Vampire Elite and held infinite power to help him destroy the first dragonborn . . . that might tick off anyone that did anything different.

        Loading editor
    • Aww :(

        Loading editor
    • Assassin'sArt wrote:
      Aww :(


      Okay, but only because I thought of this name.


      And Psijic, aren't ideas and interpretations the entire point of a role-playing game?

        Loading editor
    • Yay!

        Loading editor
    • I love the name, lol.  And yes, I agree, it's all about the ideas.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight
      AzuraKnight removed this reply because:
      Unnecessary.
      16:33, April 24, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • No martin was a imperial the dragonborn is a blonde nord dragonslayer.

        Loading editor
    • 71.199.202.241 wrote:
      No martin was a imperial the dragonborn is a blonde nord dragonslayer.

      NO! The Dragonborn is Argonian! (jk, he/she is anything.)

        Loading editor
    • Nawww, the Dragonborn is a sexy bosmer archer in forsworn armor.


      Or maybe he's an orc in dragonplate with a warhammer of doom?


      Who knows, you decide!

        Loading editor
    • He is the Tenth divine or the Guild master of the Theives guild,Or he is the son of the High king lol

        Loading editor
    • I always thought that the Dragonborn was a dashing, homosexual Argonian rogue who regularly does skooma and fights with a fork.

      But if you want a boring Dragonborn, by all means, leave me out of it XD

        Loading editor
    • Azaltar wrote:
      I was thinking could this be true because Martin has dragon blood and so do we and I know what if the dragonborn is kajiit but it could be that martins son or daughter had babies with a kajiit or something I mean really how could he not even have one secrete son or daughter that was born after he died

      Punctuation.

        Loading editor
    • my guy's name is dovahdosh septim so hahahahahaha i am of royal desent so it's good that i killed the fake emporer and amaund motierrier. and about every penticules ocules agent there is.

        Loading editor
    • 66.56.6.246 wrote:
      my guy's name is dovahdosh septim so hahahahahaha i am of royal desent so it's good that i killed the fake emporer and amaund motierrier. and about every penticules ocules agent there is

      Dude-

      Your spelling is whack with poobrain.

        Loading editor
    • Haha when I first played skyrim and found out that your character is dragonborn I istantly thought of how the septim line is also called dragonborn, and I thought "Is my character a septim desendant?" I always play the same race in all the elderscrolls games and when I played oblivion I remember really taking a liking to Martin, and I thought "Oh my gosh! My character can be the illigitimate daughter of Martin and my character from the last game!" and the fan fiction inside my head was born. :P How can you not create your own story from role play games, they leave soooo much room for anything you want. I always liked to imagine that all the heros I play are decendents from one another, so seeing as how my skyrim character is the daughter (shes an elf and elves live for about 1000 years and have so few children she'd have to be a daughter instead of a grand daughter) of my oblivion character, and she's a dragonborn related to the septims, it's perfect that martin would be the father.

        Loading editor
    • Hey, 25.159.etc., I have exactly the same fantasy going on in my head!  Great minds!  I finished Oblivion only yesterday and my heart broke when Martin died, so I decided that my character is definitely carrying his illegitimate daughter who will become the dragonborn of Skyrim (when I manage to wrestle some Xbox time off my son!).  Is there a fan fic page, btw?  And is it normal to fall in love with video game characters???

        Loading editor
    • 5.81.220.219 wrote:
      Hey, 25.159.etc., I have exactly the same fantasy going on in my head!  Great minds!  I finished Oblivion only yesterday and my heart broke when Martin died, so I decided that my character is definitely carrying his illegitimate daughter who will become the dragonborn of Skyrim (when I manage to wrestle some Xbox time off my son!).  Is there a fan fic page, btw?  And is it normal to fall in love with video game characters???

      that post gave me cancer.

        Loading editor
    • 5.81.220.219 wrote:
      Hey, 25.159.etc., I have exactly the same fantasy going on in my head!  Great minds!  I finished Oblivion only yesterday and my heart broke when Martin died, so I decided that my character is definitely carrying his illegitimate daughter who will become the dragonborn of Skyrim (when I manage to wrestle some Xbox time off my son!).  Is there a fan fic page, btw?  And is it normal to fall in love with video game characters???

      Now, I try not to judge, but...

      Imagefile deleted, see your talkpage for reason.

        Loading editor
    • Well my character is a septim descendent, in Skyrim to attempt to use the unrest to gain friends, power, and proof for a bit for the throne. Not from a child of Martin, but one of Uriel's he was too drunk to remember (though same thing could equally be said for Martin in his Daedra worshiping days if you so wished). Did not come forth at the time of the oblivion crisis; why would you, a poor family with no proof, Martin was more closely connected, and after he passed the only potential proof (the Amulet of Kings) was destroyed. So the family bides their time, workes slowly, makes friends and gatherea power where they can but secretly in the shadows less they fall prey to assassins from the powerful families jockeying for power. Seems logical to me, and gives a pretty decent reason the imperials were so keen to cut my head off at the start of the game just for sneaking over the border.

        Loading editor
    • It is stated in Oblivion that Martin is Dragonborn, for not only does he assume the appearance of a Dov when he smashes the Amulet of Kings to face Dagon, but he is also called Dragonborn by the Blades. I've played recently and I don't believe they'd give him an empty title like that being the Emperor. Also, referring to the prophecy, it is possible it means the ruling of the Dragonborns is over. Yet, it's your game, your character, your style etc. So do what you please with it :)

        Loading editor
    • Honey19999 wrote: It is stated in Oblivion that Martin is Dragonborn, for not only does he assume the appearance of a Dov when he smashes the Amulet of Kings to face Dagon, but he is also called Dragonborn by the Blades. I've played recently and I don't believe they'd give him an empty title like that being the Emperor. Also, referring to the prophecy, it is possible it means the ruling of the Dragonborns is over. Yet, it's your game, your character, your style etc. So do what you please with it :)

      Actually, the dragon Martin turns into is none less than Akatosh, for he is his avatar, as a Septim. But yeah, good point is good.

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:

      Honey19999 wrote: It is stated in Oblivion that Martin is Dragonborn, for not only does he assume the appearance of a Dov when he smashes the Amulet of Kings to face Dagon, but he is also called Dragonborn by the Blades. I've played recently and I don't believe they'd give him an empty title like that being the Emperor. Also, referring to the prophecy, it is possible it means the ruling of the Dragonborns is over. Yet, it's your game, your character, your style etc. So do what you please with it :)

      Actually, the dragon Martin turns into is none less than Akatosh, for he is his avatar, as a Septim. But yeah, good point is good.

      Thank you

        Loading editor
    • Mine is through Martin Septim and Joan Everdeen (Hero of Kvatch)

        Loading editor
    • Assassin'sArt wrote:
      Even though the wiki page says Martin had no children, I'd imagine he could since he talks about how hes done things he isn't proud of and that he wasn't always a priest. He knew how to handle the Mysterium Xarxes (I think thats how you spell it) and open a portal to Oblivion after all. I think the "blood of the dragon" refers to Septim Blood not actual dragon blood because its been shown that its not linear. But the first Dragonborn were made from their hate for dragons weren't they? And there was at least 3 fighting Alduin at the Throat of the world so back then it wasn't a rare thing. But I think its safe to assume that AzureKnight and 213.143.72.174 are right and the newest Dragonborn is chosen because he or she is needed. And I totally agree with AlxCj on the fact that the character always starts out as a blank slate and shaped by the player.

      The 3 heroes who fought alduin were not Dragonborn but they had the power of the Voice. You dont have to be dragonborn to shout you know.

        Loading editor
    • 76.169.125.27 wrote:
      Assassin'sArt wrote:
      Even though the wiki page says Martin had no children, I'd imagine he could since he talks about how hes done things he isn't proud of and that he wasn't always a priest. He knew how to handle the Mysterium Xarxes (I think thats how you spell it) and open a portal to Oblivion after all. I think the "blood of the dragon" refers to Septim Blood not actual dragon blood because its been shown that its not linear. But the first Dragonborn were made from their hate for dragons weren't they? And there was at least 3 fighting Alduin at the Throat of the world so back then it wasn't a rare thing. But I think its safe to assume that AzureKnight and 213.143.72.174 are right and the newest Dragonborn is chosen because he or she is needed. And I totally agree with AlxCj on the fact that the character always starts out as a blank slate and shaped by the player.
      The 3 heroes who fought alduin were not Dragonborn but they had the power of the Voice. You dont have to be dragonborn to shout you know.
      • mega cough* Ulfric *mega cough*


      The three heroes were the Tongues, not Dragonborn.

        Loading editor
    • Im not sure if anyone has said this yet but... The Dragonborn is most likely not related to the Septims because of: You don't have to be a direct decendent of the Septim bloodline to be Dragonborn it can actually occur as a gift from the divine. I believe this is what happened to the Dragonborn in Skyrim. For example Miraak is not a Septim but he was born with the dragon blood and this was during the time where dragons were still ruling over Tamriel so he could absorb the souls and figure out that he was Dragonborn. As for the Septims they were born into a time without dragons so they were only told they had the dragon blood but they couldn't confirm it without soul. And finally about Martin's kids, I belive that if he had kids they would be kept in secret especially if he felt guilt about it. Which means if he actually had kids they would have known about him being emperor and all of that and the Septim bloodline wouldnt have ended at all.

        Loading editor
    • The Dragonborn is sorta martin septims creation because akatosh (the dragon god) makes the dragonborn and sheogorath who was the champion of cyrodill said martin became a dragon god so martin is basically akatosh

        Loading editor
    • Please. If Martin had a kid he knew about he would definitely tell the Hero of Kvatch before sacrificing himself. I mean, he's saying things like, "Come, my friend," or, "You've been a good friend to me," etc. He obviously trusts HOK a lot. They went through a lot together. HOK probably was his only real friend minus Jauffre and Baurus, but they don't really count. 

      If you think he's too young to be a dad, he's around 30 to 45. (He DOES have wrinkles, and his half brothers are in their 50's)

      I'm pretty sure I remember one of the Greybeards, (Argnier or Artheritus or something) saying that many of the Dragonborns were of Dragonblood ie the Septims, though being born out of a normal family but as a dragonborn, though veryveryvery rare, was propable. 

      Also, look at the Skyrim trailer or the wallpaper image again. Notice the Dragonborn's features.... Anyone notice the dark blue eyes? Straight brown hair perhaps? Coincidence? Probably. Nords classically have blond hair and blue eyes, so you would think he would be portrayed as such.... 

      The dragonborn canonically is a Nord, just like the Nereverine is canonically a male Dunmer, but we're talking about six generations since Martin's supposed death. He doesn't have to be pure Nord and Imperials and nords are really the most similar out of all the races. It's not like Martin was a Redguard whose great great etc grandkid would still look slightly coloured.

      Finally my last point. My Hero of Kvatch is slender dark elf with a dark past. ( She WAS in prison after all) She only helped Uriel's son because she had never been treated as anything more then 'thieving dark elf trash' except for Uriel. Eventually she became very close with Martin, and they might've liked each other, but they weren't sure if they were being friend zoned and/or if they just loved each other in a friend kind of way. Now I would like to say that one thing lead to another and they started baking a bun after she came back from Paradice and they realised they loved each other and blablablurhg etc, but to be honest, I can't see Martin doing that. He's kind of an insecure troubled honourable nerd. He act's like someone who hasn't.... and I think he's too, well, you know, Martiny to take matters into his own hand's. I can imagine him going, "uh... well...." and my dunmer looking at him expectantly, with a mudcrab and some slaughterfish and skeevers in grass skirts in the backround singing, "Kiss de Girl!" The best I can see happening is a few moments here and there, and Martin kissing a confused hero before smashing his amulet. I can imagine them getting together if he survived but before that... he's just not that kind of guy. My HERO is, being a bit of a rough diamond, but artin? No. He's too honourable. He's like Jack from "Miss Fishers Murder Misteries." This isn't just what I think he should be like, it's the genuine impression I get from his dialogue, the way he speaks, his backround, just everything about him. 


      And those are my thoughts on the subject. Not pushing a particular point in, or sauing it should be this way or that way. Just me thinking logically.

        Loading editor
    • you don't need to be blood related to be dragonborn

        Loading editor
    • (Long Message Writer) Yes, but if you were descended from a dragonborn, you would be more likely to be one, comparatively speaking. I could actually be distantly related to a draug deathlord for all I know.... By the Nine! What have I DONE!

        Loading editor
    • PS: I just turned 15! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE! Come one sing along everybody HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEE...

        Loading editor
    • There is a good chance that the Dragonborn could be a descendent of the Septims. In fact, the character I'm currently using (A Male Imperial) I'm role-playing that he is a descendent of Martin Septim.

        Loading editor
    • Just wanting to point out, that the "Daedric Cult" Martin was a part of was actually Sanguine. I think we all know what kind of kinky things that a certain Lord of Debauchery can get you into. If the Dragonborn can find himself fondling stautes, I think Brother Martin could have done some "fondling" himself, if you know what I mean. Not that I agree or disagree with the "Dragonborn is actually a Septim" Theory, just wanted to put in my two-cents worth.

        Loading editor
    • 24.159.6.52 wrote:
      Haha when I first played skyrim and found out that your character is dragonborn I istantly thought of how the septim line is also called dragonborn, and I thought "Is my character a septim desendant?" I always play the same race in all the elderscrolls games and when I played oblivion I remember really taking a liking to Martin, and I thought "Oh my gosh! My character can be the illigitimate daughter of Martin and my character from the last game!" and the fan fiction inside my head was born. :P How can you not create your own story from role play games, they leave soooo much room for anything you want. I always liked to imagine that all the heros I play are decendents from one another, so seeing as how my skyrim character is the daughter (shes an elf and elves live for about 1000 years and have so few children she'd have to be a daughter instead of a grand daughter) of my oblivion character, and she's a dragonborn related to the septims, it's perfect that martin would be the father.


      I toyed with the idea of creating an Oblivion fanfiction for a while, but never got around to it. I finally gave it up because there were two possible endings I thought of but couldn't decide which one to use.

      The first one was that Akatosh brings Martin back to rule over the rebuilt Tamriel, and he ends up marrying the Hero of Kavatch (a female Tabaxi), and their great-grand daughter is the Dragonborn in Skyrim.

      The second was that Akatosh chose the Hero of Kavatch to save Skyrim, So she traveled to Frostfire Glade and turned to crystal, shattering about 200 years later.


      As for the debate, I'm not sure which side to take. The Dragonborn of Skyrim could be Uriel Septim VII sister's great-grand daughter or something.

      But I also belive that the heroes of The Elder Scrolls could have been chosen by Akatosh when the time came for one.

        Loading editor
    • ... will this argument ever come to an end?

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight
      AzuraKnight removed this reply because:
      Not helping.
      13:40, August 29, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • AzuraKnight
      AzuraKnight removed this reply because:
      Still not helping.
      13:40, August 29, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • You could be right, i mean martin has something about dragons, and the dragonborn is literally a dragon in human form

        Loading editor
    • Tiber Septim was blessed with the blood of a dragon (in other words, he was Dragonborn. After ascention to godhood and becoming Talos, his grandson, Pelagius Septim, took on the throne and became emperor. However, he was assassinated before he produce an heir, so in other words, the bloodline of Tiber Septim ended that day. Since then, Tiber Septim's nephew became the emperor, and all of his heirs. Since Tiber Septim's dragon blood is found in Martin, Martin cannot possibly be related to Dragonborn. The Amulet of Kings doesn't "scan" for dragon blood, but rather requires the "blood of a dragon". This can be taken metaphorically, as Tiber Septim was of dragon blood, and since Septims are related to him on a more human level, perhaps the Amulet of Kings only works on those related to the Septims with the DNA of Tiber's father, so basically, blood of a dragon, but not literally dragon blood.

      TL;DR: Martin aint got no d-blood dat amulet works cuz martin relates to old t' sept' on a mo' human level.

        Loading editor
    • Bgorch01 wrote:
      Tiber Septim was blessed with the blood of a dragon (in other words, he was Dragonborn. After ascention to godhood and becoming Talos, his grandson, Pelagius Septim, took on the throne and became emperor...

      You need to be able to use the voice or to have the Dragonblood in order to wear the Amulet of Kings, hence why Mankar Camoran was able to wear it.

        Loading editor
    • Perhaps the Amulet of Kings works with EITHER dragon blood or Septim blood, since I still feel Martin is not of dragon blood.

        Loading editor
    • Bgorch01 wrote:
      Perhaps the Amulet of Kings works with EITHER dragon blood or Septim blood, since I still feel Martin is not of dragon blood.

      You need the Dragon Blood, this is a fact.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote:
      Martin was not a Dragonborn when you hear people say the Emperors had the blood of a Dragon they were refering to the Amulet of Kings (only a few of the very first Emperors were Dragonborn i think). It also say's on his wiki page he had no children and was the last in the Septim line. It is your game though you can roleplay however you want.

      He was infact a Dragonborn, He had to be, due to the fact that he could wear the amulet of kings, The dragonborn blood is passed down through hereditry. Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn, Therefore every descendant of him will be one, and No. It's impossible unless you were the descendant of Uriel, or an emperor before him, and then You'd have such distant relations that you wouldn't even look like him

        Loading editor
    • Bgorch01 wrote:
      Perhaps the Amulet of Kings works with EITHER dragon blood or Septim blood, since I still feel Martin is not of dragon blood.

      It's not septim blood.... It's dragon blood, due to the fact, Only a Dragonborn could wear it, Think about it Saint Alessia wore it... She was dragonborn.

        Loading editor
    • To kinda clarify the Dragonfires can only be lit by a Dovahkiin, so if your Dovahkiin could be related to a Septim due to the fact one of Urial's sons (Not Martin) had an unborn child before their assassination so you could be related to the Septims.

        Loading editor
    • ゆ wrote:
      70.27.76.53 wrote:
      AlxCj wrote:
      Bethesda always prefers that at the beginning of the game your character be a Mr. nobody

      so your character has no past that attaches him his personality, that lets you make your character whatever you want...

      They cleary failed in Skyrim.

      at the very begining of the game you suddenly become "DA GRATEST WURRIOR EVAAAAAAAAAARRRRR"

      No, the Nerevarine has very similar circumstances in the fact that they have power which is given to them by coincidence. The same goes for every great warrior in the whole lore of the Elder Scrolls and in other games, the answer to all of this is the basis of the series and the naming factor... The Elder Scrolls foresee all, they see saw a prisoner and they stated the prophecy of Jagar Tharn, it saw the Warp of the West coming, it saw the Oblivion crisis and an unlikely hero. With Morrowind and Skyrim they have a name for the prophecy and that is all that is different. The Dragonborn probably became the Dragonborn as they were born on a certain day to uncertain parents after the events of the previous games, the final part of the prophecy was the civil war. So blame Ulfric for the Dragonborn coming to be who they are.

      Ummmmm no, none of these things are a coincidence.Dovakin is seen as being the special one here, physically he is a normal "human" by default, but his souls is that of a dragon, seeing as he has nothing to do with the dragonborn line since they all seem to have died somehow.His appearance during the coming of Alduin is obviously something conditioned by Akatosh, and the dovakin was send by Akatosh to fix things in Tamriel, so he send a dragon soul on earth.The others were simple people but this one needed no bloodline.Since Akatosh gave the power dragons have, when he was what some dragons started to do, he obviously tought they did not deserve it anymore, and he kinda needed to send the dragonborn for that.Another thing is that Nerevarine is not a SIMPLE HAPPENING,everything, even in our reality, is conditioned by some law,order thing.And the Nerevarine was Nerevarine in his past life also, so he pretty much reincarnated to finish things.And I have a hunch he may have tried in other lives but could not succeed, or he simply did not realzie what he needed to do. Same with the dragonborn, a reincarnated soul, and it"s practically the only reason he has these powers, and it"s practically the reason to why he is mastering them so well, he may have forgotten the method because of the reincarnation, but his soul is the same, so he practically still has the power.And I never understood why they say "he absorbs the soul of a dragon", since you just absorb it"s powers and some memory,not the soul.Tat would be awfull for you.I think they are "absorbed" in the manner that they are send back from where they came, so they can"t be revived

        Loading editor
    • I posted this 3 years ago, it still makes me happy to see it active 😅 I still believe it's possible to be related to the Septims, a lot of things add up. Wish we could just mail Bethesda about it though. I want cannon answers tbh. Or more lore that leads us to it.

        Loading editor
    • 98.165.8.52 wrote:
      I posted this 3 years ago, it still makes me happy to see it active 😅 I still believe it's possible to be related to the Septims, a lot of things add up. Wish we could just mail Bethesda about it though. I want cannon answers tbh. Or more lore that leads us to it.

      How would a Argonian, or a Khajiit, be A Septim?

      PS: It's canon, cannon is a form of weaponry. 

        Loading editor
    • The Aspect Of Akatosh wrote:

      How would a Argonian, or a Khajiit, be A Septim?

      PS: It's canon, cannon is a form of weaponry. 

      Well in Tamriel the you take on the race of your mother.

        Loading editor
    • I think it's in Racial Phynology (or however it's spelt), but beast races can't breed with man or mer, I believe. There have been Dunmer Emperors/Empresses.

        Loading editor
    • Bronkiin wrote:
      I think it's in Racial Phynology (or however it's spelt), but beast races can't breed with man or mer, I believe. There have been Dunmer Emperors/Empresses.

      Though there have been many reports throughout the Eras of children from these unions, as well as stories of unions with daedra, there have been no well documented offspring. -Notes on Racial Phylogeny

      I think theoretically it's possible, but the chances are.... slim at best.... even smaller if we want to say it was with Martin Septim.

        Loading editor
    • Martian probably got blood from fighting into a blades mouth so that blade got dragon herpes and his heirs did as well so maby the dovahkiin was just a man with dragon herps from Martin...😴 I have no clue

        Loading editor
    • There's a lot of mysticism about the Imperial throne, but just remember that Emperor Uriel Septim IV had no blood relation whatsoever to Tiber Septim or even to the line of Empress Kintyra, who were descendants of Tiber Septim's brother Agnorith. Since he was successfully crowned it seems that he wore the Amulet of Kings and ignited the Dragonfires. The same assumption applies to Emperor Pelagius III who was half-Altmeri and his son Cassynder who was half-Dunmer (although the modern Septim line isn't descended from this branch as so doesn't carry the same Mer blood). For that matter Empress Kintyra II had her ancestry disputed and it was claimed that she was born out of an affair by her mother. While this may be merely gossip, no one at the time seemed to be certain she was a true Septim by lighting the Dragonfires.

      The Imperial line has a long and convoluted history and it seems as though Akatosh hasn't always been as concerned about the whole bloodline thing as events during the Oblivion Crisis would suggest.

        Loading editor
    • 98.125.47.40 wrote: Nawww, the Dragonborn is a sexy bosmer archer in forsworn armor.


      Or maybe he's an orc in dragonplate with a warhammer of doom?


      Who knows, you decide!

      Noo a sexy naked nord with large breasts and a sexy voice and body who will sexy children

        Loading editor
    • Lawadnorder wrote:
      No, because at some point in the following years millions of women would come out saying their child was the son or daughter of Martin Septim so they could live in luxury and blah blah blah. Also, he was young and a priest thats how he didn't have a secret son or daughter.
      well the dragonborn can wear the amulet and miirak is dragonborn and not a septim
        Loading editor
    • ok ok i have read all the post on the page and dragonborn articals and played since morrowind so here's how it works 3 ways of being a dragonborn akatosh decendent or a dragon makes you one ie miirak the decendents wear tthe amulet mirrak or the player could have a posibility since thare are still dragnborn but the amulet was destroyed so unless akatosh is giving out artifacts why is this a discusion guys cant we argue about what the nest game should be about instead

        Loading editor
    • their not thare even though im southern and thats how we pronounce their

        Loading editor
    • Please don't revive a thread just to try to change the subject.

        Loading editor
    • i didnt i voiced my opinon and made a coment about why the thred was sarted

        Loading editor
    • 213.143.72.174 wrote:
      I agree with AzuraKnight, there is no evidence to support any kind of hereditary Dragon Blood. Dragonborn are "made," not simply born as a scion of a the former one. It's not that difficult to understand, really: Akatosh decides the world needs a new Dragonborn, he makes one - simple as that. Imagine the horror of having an entire dynasty of superpowered emperors and empresses... as if the Septim dynasty wasn't bloody enough without them Shouting each other to death. XD

      Yes, I know, the objection about there being no dragons... but the Greybeards were willing enough to anoint both the Skyrim player and Tiber Septim as Ysmir, without there being any other need than simply to prove they were Dragonborn - which was done by quickly learning the Thu'um through the knowledge they provided. As such, any Septim could have become a master of the Thu'um, had they bothered to learn (quite a few lived in Skyrim as well).

      Now imagine what someone like Queen Potema or Pelagius the 3rd would do to get such power. The fact that they didn't is evidence enough that all Septims being "of the Dragon blood" is nothing more but a fancy and void title.

      the way i see it is that potentially the Dragonborn on Skyrim could be actually a Septim 

      u may ask "but then how the Septims couldnt use the Thu´um or any other power related to the dragonborns?"

      i tell u m8 the way i see it is that in fact they "Can´t" use it, let me explain myself... the way the game gives us the dragonborn thing is like " a gift from Akatosh and the divines, the Soul and the blood of a Dragon" for the facts we know on Oblivion, the dragonborn blood could be a fact since the Emperor tells you to find his last son and not other guy nor person and for the fact that all Septims since Talos where "septims of blood" till Pelagius the third.... the way i see it is that they are "latent" dragonborns.. with a potentially force within them... the thing is that since its a divine gift, Akatosh as a being could be able to decide if there is such enough harm to the world to "activate" the power within the dragonblood

        Loading editor
    • Azaltar wrote:
      I was thinking could this be true because Martin has dragon blood and so do we and I know what if the dragonborn is kajiit but it could be that martins son or daughter had babies with a kajiit or something I mean really how could he not even have one secrete son or daughter that was born after he died

      No The Current septims are not dragonborns. As they are not decendents of Tiber septim as Pelagius Septim was the last dirrect decendent of tiber septim to die (He was Tiber Septims's Grandson) but his brother Agnorith Setpim's daughter Kintyra Septim became empress which his brother is not a dragonborn. So by lore Martin Septim is not a decendent of Tiber Septim but his brother.

        Loading editor
    • You are all missing one fatal problem, when you escort Martin Septum to the Blades, they chant all hail dragon born. (After his speech) check it out yourself. If this is so then what if any of the septims, like dead ones with family's meant to be in the throne, had for family's branching of. Like long lost cousins. This could cause the dragon blood to flow through every single child of that branch. Either or this would make Martin a previous dragonborn. Also think about miirak

        Loading editor
    • I think the best chance of the continuation of the Septim bloodline lies in Martin's involvement of the worship of Sanguine, potentially producing offspring. Sanguine is the Prince of Debauchery and Dark Indulgences, so sex is definitely on the cards for his followers. If Martin and a female worshipper did concierge, and Martin had been converted to the Priesthood of Akatosh before the child was born, there is a chance that Martin would never know, and possible that the mother of said child doesn't know of Martin's identity as a Septim.

      As far as dilution of the Dragonborn is concerned, every descendant from Tiber Septim would be less Dragonborn than his father, but Uriel and Martin can both wear the Amulet of Kings whereas the Hero of Kvatch cannot, and the only given explanation is that the Hero lacks the Dragon blood. If dilution does happen, the Martin is less Dragonborn that Uriel, who his less than his father/mother etc. Arguably the Last Dragonborn or even Miraak COULD have worn the Amulet because they are both displayed as Dragonborn (i.e have the Dragon blood) when they absorb the souls of Dragons. Would that make them more worthy of the Amulet of Kings than Uriel or Martin who were descended from a Dragonborn rather than being gifted with the dragon blood like Skyrim's Dragonborn(s)?

      What I think is important here isn't necessarily proving Martins possible descendants are Dragonborn, but bel icing in the possibility of their existence, which I feel is more than likely given the nature of Martin's daedra worship. Sanguine in Oblivion sends you to a stuffy party and makes you magically remove everyone's clothes, and has you retrace your steps from a total bender including marrying a Hagraven in Skyrim - would promiscuity be his biggest concern, or a concern of his followers? Probably not.

      Daedra worship is taboo enough, so a child born to two daedra worshippers would definitely be considered unholy by the Priests of the Empire, so why would they entertain such a claim? Many women may claim that they fathered Martin's son or daughter, but no matter how many are wrong, only one of those has to be true to prove that the Septim line continues.

      Concerning the prophecy of the elder Scrolls, the Dragon fires died and that portion of the prophecy was fulfilled whilst martin was still alive i.e. the Septim bloodline was still alive.

      Personally, I'd love there to be a descendant of Martin somewhere. A hidden Septim, child of the famous Hidden Septim. But at the same time, I don't think there is, and the idea is for fanfic and stories, not cannon. Maybe we'll find out in Elder Scrolls VI

        Loading editor
    • no way, they specificly say that Martin is the last septim, and he died without having kids.

        Loading editor
    • Crowphoot wrote:
      My Dragonborn is the son of Martin Septim and Jauffre.

      what the heck, that's not how that works

        Loading editor
    • My DragonBorn is the Grandson of the Hero of Kvatch

        Loading editor
    • Lawadnorder wrote: No, because at some point in the following years millions of women would come out saying their child was the son or daughter of Martin Septim so they could live in luxury and blah blah blah. Also, he was young and a priest thats how he didn't have a secret son or daughter. 

      Umm you realize the first part is irrelevant right? Just because a lot people could have claimed to have bore his son, doesnt mean it couldnt have happened thats ridiculous. We arent asking if he had any legitimized bastards. Unknown ones count. Well the priest argument doesn't really work too well considering that he was also a daedra worshiper at one point according to his dialogue. Actually, to be more specific, he worshiped Sanguine, the Daedric Prince of DEBAUCHERY. He even, at one point, was in possesion of the Sanguine Rose. So i wouldnt rule out a bastard child.

        Loading editor
    • SephGreen wrote: ...Would that make them more worthy of the Amulet of Kings than Uriel or Martin who were descended from a Dragonborn rather than being gifted with the dragon blood like Skyrim's Dragonborn(s)?...

      The Dragonborn from Skyrim was not gifted the with dragon blood. At least it is not stated that anywhere. Which would actually mean that technically he would probably have way less of the dragon blood in him than the final members of the Septim Dynasty. This would mean that they would be just as, if not more, powerful as dragonborn considering the higher probably purity of there dragonborn blood.

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold
      Ottoman Hold removed this reply because:
      All is fixed ;)
      16:19, December 28, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.