FANDOM


  • "It may be impossible to collect the word from the wall. The sounds will play, but no words will light up on the wall"

    Could anyone suggest a bugfix for this? It's annoying me.

      Loading editor
    • You read the wiki page i'm afraid there isn't one other than maybe reload a save before getting to the wall and try again.

        Loading editor
    • (Same guy)

      Yeah, I tried reloading and leaving the area and returning: neither worked. Is there a console command for adding an extra word of Aura Whisper instead?

        Loading editor
    • Yep the page is here or -

      LAAS - player.teachword 60294

      YAH - player.teachword 60295

      NIR - player.teachword 60296

        Loading editor
    • I'm having a problem with the Greybeard's words of power.

      I've already learned a word of power they signed in my map and I can't get another word from them.

      I've already tried to load an previous save and etc but...no result..so, does it have any command for the Pc that could complete just that quest and make the words of power from the greybeards avaiable again?

        Loading editor
    • i have finished a word of power and the goal didnt go away when i collected the word.. now its stuck.. "find the word power in Arcwind Point" 

      and there is other quests i will never finish because i did something before that quset so i can never finish them.. i am on ps3  any help? 

        Loading editor
    • Have you tried reloading your save?

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote:
      Yep the page is here or -

      LAAS - player.teachword 60294

      YAH - player.teachword 60295

      NIR - player.teachword 60296

      Is there a Console Command to complete the quest of finding that word? I don't want it to stay forever on my journal as incomplete...

        Loading editor
    • there is

      first, use

      sqs.FreeFormHighHrothgarA

      to get the current and possible quest stages. then use setstage FreeFormHighHrothgarA with every quest stage you found until its complete.

      As always, youre never to carefull with console. i always quicksave beforehand

      Beware, in case of this bug Arngeir may give you the same quest again.

        Loading editor
    • It's no bug, the reason you genius' can't activate the wall is because you have all 3 words of the shout the wall offers.

        Loading editor
    • I just encountered this on 360 when trying to learn the final word for frost breath at Bonestrewn Crest.

        Loading editor
    • Word Walls vary, check the Bonestrawn Crest page, it'll tell you what shouts that wall offers.

        Loading editor
    • If you shoot the pedestal with an arrow it opens the gate, worked for me

        Loading editor
    • Save right in front of that word wall and then restart the game. Reload your save file and it should work. I had encounter this bug before. If not then you are screw.

        Loading editor
    • 24.208.13.138 wrote:
      i have finished a word of power and the goal didnt go away when i collected the word.. now its stuck.. "find the word power in Arcwind Point" 

      and there is other quests i will never finish because i did something before that quset so i can never finish them.. i am on ps3  any help? 

      I have the same problem on Xbox 360

        Loading editor
    • The issue I've had, which happened both in bleak falls barrow, ustengrav, AND ragnvald, is that the word wall gives me sounds, and effects, but the words don't glow blue and I do not get the word. In BFB I fixed it by adding and removing fus using console commands, on ustengrav, I ran around a bit, and I haven't fixed it on ragnvald as I am saying this. (I am aware this is a necropost, but I can dream, can't I.)

        Loading editor
    • ^ again. Stared at it a while, then it worked. On a similar subject, any quests that reqard me in items, give me the items extremely late.

        Loading editor
    • I already typed it out so... the page with the all the commands for words is here but for Become Ethereal -

      FEIM - player.teachword 32917

      ZI - player.teachword 32918

      GRON - player.teachword 32919

      As for things taking a while it kind of happens to me too at the moment from script lag i think (a few to many intensive mods).

        Loading editor
    • PC fix for base game shouts:

      The source of the bug is the global variable which tracks your progress on learning words in the shout being improperly increased. You may notice this happening by the "word learned" message appearing more than once. This throws the script at the later walls with words to the same shout out of whack, causing all three possible walls to appear at once -- if you look carefully, you'll see three different set of characters on top of each other on the wall.

      To fix this, you'll first need the name of the global variable tracking the progress. By and large, these will be of the form WW<name of shout without spaces>, e.g. WWIceForm or WWDisarm. Open console and type "help <variable>" to see the value. The value SHOULD be the number of words you have already learned in the shout. If it's greater, use "set <variable> to <value>" to correct it.

      The value is checked when entering a trigger area around the wall, so the change won't take effect if you're too close. You don't need to completely leave the area, though; just get far enough away to not hear the chanting anymore. Correcting the value while in another area of course also works.

      -- NC

        Loading editor
    • Go Dawgs!!!!!! wrote:
      Word Walls vary, check the Bonestrawn Crest page, it'll tell you what shouts that wall offers.


      Umh, no, there never are more walls with words for any particular shout than there are words for that shout.

        Loading editor
    • 87.100.162.9 wrote:
      PC fix for base game shouts:

      The source of the bug is the global variable which tracks your progress on learning words in the shout being improperly increased. You may notice this happening by the "word learned" message appearing more than once. This throws the script at the later walls with words to the same shout out of whack, causing all three possible walls to appear at once -- if you look carefully, you'll see three different set of characters on top of each other on the wall.

      To fix this, you'll first need the name of the global variable tracking the progress. By and large, these will be of the form WW<name of shout without spaces>, e.g. WWIceForm or WWDisarm. Open console and type "help <variable>" to see the value. The value SHOULD be the number of words you have already learned in the shout. If it's greater, use "set <variable> to <value>" to correct it.

      The value is checked when entering a trigger area around the wall, so the change won't take effect if you're too close. You don't need to completely leave the area, though; just get far enough away to not hear the chanting anymore. Correcting the value while in another area of course also works.

      -- NC

      thank you very much! , this worked out great! , man're a pro, Talos bless you!!!

        Loading editor
    • I had the same issue on the xbox 360, but I fixed it! What I did was standing right in front of the word, almost against the wall, and save the game. Then, quit the game and load that save game again. Don't know if it will work for you, but for me it did!

        Loading editor
    • When i went to get fuz at the start it didn't give me it this was on ps4

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I got this glitch with an Elemental Fury word next to the Statue of Meridia

        Loading editor
    • If you try to reload the game before taking the quest from the graybeards and then go take the shout, when you visit the greybeard again they will give you another quest( solving bug from arcwind point)

        Loading editor
    • I finally found something that worked for me (On PC) without having to revert to an earlier save.

      Before anything else, it is worth noting that the most common cause for this problem seems to be mods, so you should uninstall any mods before attempting to fix them problem. After doing so, this is usually where you'd be advised to reload an earlier save from before you reached the (now bugged) word wall. If like me your first attempt to fix the problem was to save and reload (And/or leaving the cell in question), you might find yourself losing a fair amount of progress depending on how many saves you keep/how regularly you save.

      This is where I was able to fix things a different way, as detailed below.

      Step 1) Open the console, select the bugged word wall and disable it (Type "Disable" [Without quotation marks]). If the correct part of the wall is selected, the words will disappear but not the stone wall itself.

      Step 2) Close the console WITHOUT DESELECTING THE (now disabled) WORD WALL.

      Step 3) Leave the cell containing the wall. 

      Step 4) While in a different cell, open up the console again and reenabled the wall (Type "Enable"). 

      After doing the above, I found that upon returning to the cell with the word wall, the words glowed correctly and I was then able to learn the Word of Power. I hope this works for anyone else faced with this problem.

        Loading editor
    • so iuse ps4 and my most important word wall the unrelenting force is doing this, playing the sound but no glowing words i tried restarting game in front of wall and i know i dont have the word already i think im just screwed iguess

        Loading editor
    • it seems finding the word at arcwind point is glitched and i think i went to northwind summit

      but the one on northwind summit is still chanting

        Loading editor
    • Go Dawgs!!!!!! wrote:
      It's no bug, the reason you genius' can't activate the wall is because you have all 3 words of the shout the wall offers.


      or if you have dawnguard active

        Loading editor
    • 87.214.247.86 wrote:
      I had the same issue on the xbox 360, but I fixed it! What I did was standing right in front of the word, almost against the wall, and save the game. Then, quit the game and load that save game again. Don't know if it will work for you, but for me it did!

      wow it worked thanks i did just like you said and now i am prancing around like a little magical pixie horse

      is being sarcastic

        Loading editor
    • Yea, nothing works. you'd think they'd fix this by now when they released it on ps4 (since it's a ps3 game)

        Loading editor
    • 152.23.216.51 wrote:
      If you shoot the pedestal with an arrow it opens the gate, worked for me


      what pedestal???

        Loading editor
    • PC quick fix.  If you have already learned the word (entirely possible), and you show up at the wall and nothing happens, the quick fix is this

      SetObjectiveCompleted FreeFormHighHrothgarA 100 1

      All of this with the spaces and caps in tact.  When you exit the console you should see the "Quest Completed".

        Loading editor
    • or you could not take the greybeard's quests?

        Loading editor
    • I need help. I have shouts but it won't give me the words for the shouts. I don't know what to do please help.

        Loading editor
    • This is the third shout it has happened to. I get the shouts but no words. I can not reset to last save game because saved over it and don't know how to use keyboard on Xbox one or how to go about doing it.

        Loading editor
    • I cant continue with story mode because of it and im trying to get bend will. I have three dragon souls as well.

        Loading editor
    • Rafael Kyronius Ribeiro wrote:
      I'm having a problem with the Greybeard's words of power.

      I've already learned a word of power they signed in my map and I can't get another word from them.

      I've already tried to load an previous save and etc but...no result..so, does it have any command for the Pc that could complete just that quest and make the words of power from the greybeards avaiable again?

      just find the cheat code that automaticaly finishes the quest for you


        Loading editor
    • Go Dawgs!!!!!! wrote:
      It's no bug, the reason you genius' can't activate the wall is because you have all 3 words of the shout the wall offers.


      Reloaded, went back to before I went in, reloaded that, nothing. I'll console command it but it's super annoying.

        Loading editor
    • 2804:14D:5CB7:8A6A:121:3B4:A470:3F65 wrote:
      If you try to reload the game before taking the quest from the graybeards and then go take the shout, when you visit the greybeard again they will give you another quest( solving bug from arcwind point)


      he just might send you to arcwind point again i know i tried that already

        Loading editor
    • Go Dawgs!!!!!! wrote: It's no bug, the reason you genius' can't activate the wall is because you have all 3 words of the shout the wall offers.

      I only have one word and still had this glitch. Explain that, "genius"

        Loading editor
    • anyone having this problem in 2018... im on switch

        Loading editor
    • Arcwind point word learned. Objective still active. Ps4 solutions?

        Loading editor
    • Go Dawgs!!!!!! wrote:
      It's no bug, the reason you genius' can't activate the wall is because you have all 3 words of the shout the wall offers.

      Dude. You’re a moron. I have the same issue on my Xbox 360. I have learned, and unlocked, all the words of power except one. But, I can’t learn it, even though I have a grand total of 29 dragon souls. And that’s not including the ones that I killed, but didn’t get a soul from them. I mean, I walk up to the wall, but there’s no music, no light, nothing. And it’s driving me insane. And trust me, It’s not my fault, it’s a bug. Being a genius like individual myself, I’m fairly certain I’d be able to tell the difference between one of the rare occasions I make a mistake, and a bug. And I’m man enough to publicly admit such. Oh, and I’ve tried the same approaches these individuals have too (That means that I’ve left the area and returned, and reloaded a previous save, and even both.) all to no avail. So, if you’re done making yourself out to be a complete moron, kindly refrain from talking. Because I can’t feel myself getting dumber from listening to you. Pick up a book and educate yourself or something. Because nobody likes a tool. Especially when he’s so stupid he doesn’t even know what the hell he’s talking about.

        Loading editor
    • I’m having trouble on switch

        Loading editor
    • Go Dawgs!!!!!! wrote:
      It's no bug, the reason you genius' can't activate the wall is because you have all 3 words of the shout the wall offers.

      Completely wrong, I still don't have the TERROR word for Dismay and when I go to Lost Tongue Lookout the wall is blank. Guess you don't know everything 'genius' smdh.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, I realize that this is very old thread, but I noticed something. If you started with Skyrim Unbound or any else mod altering the game's beginning, pls be sure to check if any mod added later haven't disabled esm/esp responsible for Unbound. Enable esm/esp and verify if it helps - it should fix inactive walls giving sound and all.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message