FANDOM


  • Since Oblivion was the game that got me hooked on the ES series, I like to follow what happened to the characters after the game ended. Most importantly, the Hero of Kvatch or Champion of Cyrodiil, whatever you want to call him. Now, when I ran into Sheogorath in Skyrim, I was ecstatic. The Original Sheogorath, as Oblivion players will remember, turned into Jyggalag and went to roam the "Seas of Oblivion", as he put it, when he was freed by the Hero at the end of the Shivering Isles expansion. Jyggalag also said that the Hero would "grow into your station as Madgod". So when I found Sheogorath in Skyrim, talking about the events of Oblivion, I thought for sure this meant that the Hero became Sheogorath in the 200 years in between the two games. But, I have yet to find any official evidence confirming or denying this statement.

    And then there's Jyggalag. What happened to him? Why aren't their any Shrines to him in Skyrim, or indeed any mention of him whatsoever? Did Bethesda just forget about the 17th Daedric Lord?

    So what's your view, TES wikians? Did the Hero of Kvatch truly become the Madgod? And what happened to Jyggalag?

      Loading editor
    • I just think Jyggalag wasn't that well known, so no one in Skyrim cared about him.

        Loading editor
    • True, he wasn't well known after his change, but he's the single most powerful Daedric Prince. Surely after 200 years he would have done something in Mundus? Have a few Shrines built, started a cult or two, something? Anything? Unless Bethesda just forgot about him.

        Loading editor
    • I seem to remember in my talkings with Sheogorath him saying something about passing his title from "me to myself".  Or am I misremembering from another section of something on that?  At any rate, it's all done as rumor and myth and hearsay.  Which is more or less the M.O. for Bethesda anyway with TES.  As for Jyggalag, he doesn't generally fit the bill of most Deadra (part of why he was imprisoned as the MadGod in the first place) so I don't know that he wants or even needs followers.  Kind of an awkward situation, I think.  I'd have to do some more looking and researching into it.  He might be busy building himself a plane of Oblivion all his own and can't be bothered with the mortals just yet?

        Loading editor
    • True, he does say that, but the Original Sheogorath turned into Jyggalag and left to roam the Seas of Oblivion. So who's the Sheogorath in Skyrim? I hope it's the Hero.

        Loading editor
    • He did say he was there for that 'whole sordid affair'...

        Loading editor
    • Well,the Hero of Kvatch,in my opinion,is the best TES protagonist out there; mainly because he is the most normal of them,and because of this,i searched for every proof in my head and wiki to confirm that the best hero turned out into the best god.

      First of all,at the end of the Shivering Isles questline,the citizens of the realm acknowledge you as Uncle Sheo,secondly,the "Factions" menu reads "Madgod" after completing it.Thirdly, Uncle Sheo mentios ramdom Oblivion things in The Mind of Madness,mentioning he was there for that whole sordid affair.So,it's really hard to find any evidence that he isn't the aspect of awesomeness known as Hero of Kvatch,mainly because two hundred years have passed.

      The reason Jyggalag isn't know in Mundus is that in Mundus,he's Sheogorath.Because at every Greymarch he managed to get his behind seriously kicked back into non-existance.So,no one that does not reside in Oblivion can't know about Jyggalag aside from people who went to Oblivion scriptures.Besides,if one wanted to worship Order and Stasis,he might as well worship a Aedra.

        Loading editor
    • Draevan13 wrote:
      True, he wasn't well known after his change, but he's the single most powerful Daedric Prince. Surely after 200 years he would have done something in Mundus? Have a few Shrines built, started a cult or two, something? Anything? Unless Bethesda just forgot about him.

      Jyggalag WAS the most powerful Daedric Prince. He lost a lot of his power as Sheogorath so he is no longer the most powerful. 

        Loading editor
    • I would guess Jyggalag would create his own realm of Oblivion filled with order. Kind of like what the Shivering Isles was like. He probably lost all of his followers so he is kind of rebuilding himself which is probably why there is no quest for him.

        Loading editor
    • Keep in mind the Greymarch only happens once every era, usually at the end. So as far as we know Jyggalag was never killed he was simply warded off until the next Greymarch. My speculation is that Sheogorath was so fed up with having to destroy his land and rebuild it every era that he just wanted to give it up to someone else. However... I believe the Sheogorath from the Shivering Isles storyline is still Jyggalag and that the Hero of Kvatch is now Sheogorath and that Jyggalag was dismissed to the Void awaiting the next Greymarch to destroy the Shivering Isles. The next Greymarch will result in a battle between Sheogorath and Jyggalag because they are no longer the same person... or thing... In addition to this I also think that the original Sheogorath didn't think he'd be banished to the Void, instead he hoped that if Jyggalag was defeated he could actually roam the planes of Oblivion.

      I could be very wrong though.

        Loading editor
    • It is openly said that we broke the cycle, and while Sheo and Jiggy are the same (until the Shivering Isles questline) in body, they are not the same in mind.  So what ultimately happened is that the Hero of Kvatch broke the cycle of tranformation by taking on the mind of Sheo and allowing the mind and body of Jiggy to separate itself from Sheogorath and the Shivering Isles.  This would have left Jyggalag without a home as his plane of order was turned into the Shivering Isles.  He left to wander the "seas of Oblivion" at the end of the story-arch.  Neither Sheo nor Jiggy ever actually died at any of the Greymarches, they simply traded places, and Sheo was being weakened (I think) each time he had to remake the Isles.  This is why he needed a champion, and why he remembers all from before and all since as his mind invaded the mortal frame of the Hero.  When the Hero finally died from whatever cause it may have been, he made the final transformation into the planes of Oblivion.

      The question is, of course, where does this leave Jyggalag?  I'm going with rebuilding his strength, his plane, and plotting revenge.  We may even see him down the road (in say chapter seven or eight) as a major player in the storyline.  I'd love the chance to help Jiggy take revenge on the other Deadra, or for him to become some partner in restoring "order" to the world during the Aldmeri Dominion's Tower quest (if that comes to be true).  Not sure what side he would play nor is that ultimately important in this thread, but I would much like to see the continued discussion of where ole Jiggy is jiggying at right now.

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      It is openly said that we broke the cycle, and while Sheo and Jiggy are the same (until the Shivering Isles questline) in body, they are not the same in mind.  So what ultimately happened is that the Hero of Kvatch broke the cycle...

      I'm sorry, but every time you said "Jiggy" I couldn't help but laugh. At the end "where old Jiggy is jyggying at..." I find that hilarious.

      I just thought of something: all 16 Daedra were created by Sithis. Sheogorath was created by the other 15 out of fear of Jyggalag. This means that Sheogorath is the one and only Daedric Lord NOT created by Sithis! I find that interesting.

        Loading editor
    • What about Malacath?

        Loading editor
    • Taken directly from the page on Malacath:


      During the exodus of the Chimer in the Merethic Era, one of the most powerful Aldmeri heroes, Trinimac, tried to stop the movement. The Daedric Prince Boethiah, who was the mastermind behind the movement, confronted Trinimac. It was a legendary battle between the two, but in the end Boethiah defeated Trinimac and devoured him. Boethiah then spoke with Trinimac's voice, in order to increase the morale of the Chimer while at the same time mocking the opposed Aldmer. The remains of Trinimac were transformed into the Daedric Prince Malacath, and Trinimac's followers were changed as well. They are now known as the Orsimer, and they worship Malacath as their god. This is recorded in the Changed Ones.

        Loading editor
    • PsijicThief wrote:
      What about Malacath?


      Oops, I forgot about Malacath. Never mind.

        Loading editor
    • So that means there were 15 made by Sithis (or variant name), which is a good round number.  Boethia got all pissy and made Malacath, a bunch of the Deadra got together and were afraid of Jiggy (na na na na, na-nah na) and made the MadGod as a very cruel and unusual punishment.  Sheogorath turned around and got the ultimate revenge (after several Eras) and released Jyggalag upon Oblivion and the rest of creation once again!  Go, Sheo, go!

        Loading editor
    • I really would have liked to see jyggylag more...hopefully in the newer games.

        Loading editor
    • I like to follow through with the canon of what happened at the end of the games so to me the current Sheogorath is the Hero of Kvatch from TES IV: Oblivion who broke the greymarch allowing Jyggalag to roam free in Oblivion. I'd say that Jyygalag is simply not interested in followers rather than actually being unable to enlist any. During the Greymarch in TES IV he has all his non-daedra followers dress in monotone robes and masks to instill order in their apperance and he did not have many. I believe he is simply not interested in exerting his power in Tamriel like the other Daedra are. He is rather like the Aedra, just letting things flow as they do. In this aspect he is a lot more like an Aedra than a Daedra isn't he? I mean Daedra are the aspects of change while Aedra are stasis, Jyggy is more leaning towards the Aedra side wouldn't you say?

        Loading editor
    • This whole conversation is blowing my mind. I was pondering this very question, when I came upon this discussion... and now I'm thouougly confused.

        Loading editor
    • Welcome to the feeling of all TES Lore Lovers out there, Contrib 24.251!  It's not always a pleasant feeling, but we endure it having known the cost when we embark on such discussions. 

        Loading editor
    • In my own little circle of hell (My crazy F*** up mind) I think Jyggalag is still out there rebuilding his plain (Which I've taken to calling Greymarch after the event) And after he does so he will take a part in TES VI or VII maybe even VIII but... So will all the other Princes and Princess' maybe even a few Fan made ones will show up

        Loading editor
    • Wasn't Meridia an Aedra at one point? I also sincerely believe that Jyggalag passed his 'curse' over to the Hero ov Kvatch. Essentially, what you had was a mystical existance passed onto Jyggalag from the other Daedric Princes, and then from him to the Hero after the cycle was broken.

        Loading editor
    • The Shivering Isles is essentially Sheagorath's Oblivion Plane, right? And before the Hero of Kvatch, it is 'destroyed' by Jyggalag during every Greymarch. How can a Daedra destroy his own plane without destroying himself in the process? If being Sheo means being insane (in opposition of everything he stood for) and being Jygg means being lucid (his original self), could he not in fact be an Aedra?

        Loading editor
    • it is lijely that jyggalag is simply just out there, in future games it may be that you get to choose either the awe inspiring madness of the Mad-God, or to work for the daedra of order and permanency, quite unlike the others although that could be daedric in nature on its own. and just throwing out another concept here, malacath was once trinimac, an elf, an ancestor of elves, and now the race of mer known as orsimer/orcs. doesnt that automatically make him an aedra NOT a daedra? aedra means of our ancestors while daedra is not of our ancestors.

        Loading editor
    • Here is thet waaay I see it.

      1). Jyggalag is now free to roam oblivion as he pleases.

      2). Whe Sheogoreth says you will grow into your position as mad-god, I think he ment it. As in you acually became the mad-god (as he was created to cover as a cover price and sepearte entity to replace Jiggalag) the hero of Kavach becomes Sheogoreth, and thus, a Daedric prince

      3) the Sheogoreth in Skyrim is the Hero of Kavach after "growing into it."

        Loading editor
    • Actually, I think I have an explanation as to why Jyggalag has no followers. He has been Sheograth for as long as anyone can remember. No has ever even heard of Sheogorath's little problem until you meet him yourself, and the inhabitants of the Shivering Isles are not telling, so I think Jyggalag is vacant because no one even knows he exists.

        Loading editor
    • I think Jyggalag is out there wandering Oblivion, and dismantling stupid concepts like matling and CHIM.

        Loading editor
    • CHIM isn't stupid, it's just unlikely ever to be used.

        Loading editor
    • Why would he destroy manteling? it's the very thing that allowed him to separate from good ole uncle sheo.

        Loading editor
    • Bakkeri wrote:
      I like to follow through with the canon of what happened at the end of the games so to me the current Sheogorath is the Hero of Kvatch from TES IV: Oblivion who broke the greymarch allowing Jyggalag to roam free in Oblivion...

      Jyggalag is the Aedra (stasis, order) gone extreme, thus being subject to change, thus being a Daedric lord.  So no, he's probably not an Aedra.

        Loading editor
    • 72.66.31.23 wrote:
      Bakkeri wrote:
      I like to follow through with the canon of what happened at the end of the games so to me the current Sheogorath is the Hero of Kvatch from TES IV: Oblivion who broke the greymarch allowing Jyggalag to roam free in Oblivion...
      Jyggalag is the Aedra (stasis, order) gone extreme, thus being subject to change, thus being a Daedric lord.  So no, he's probably not an Aedra.

      I know he isn't an Aedra, I was just likening him to one.

        Loading editor
    • Jyggalag was destroyed by the Champion of Cyrodill, the daedric prince is now a ethereal being, lurking in the Oblivion. 

        Loading editor
    • Tesshu wrote:
      Jyggalag was destroyed by the Champion of Cyrodill, the daedric prince is now a ethereal being, lurking in the Oblivion. 

      No he wasn't . . . have you played Shivering Isles?  You watch Jyggy walk away (na na, na na, na-na na)

        Loading editor
    • Oh i was wrong then. Still he is not the most powerfull Daedric prince anymore.

        Loading editor
    • Nobody said he is, they said he was and that's why the other Princes turned him into good ole Uncle Sheo.  However, it has been proposed that he may be off regaining his power.

        Loading editor
    • The way i see it is, he's regaining his power back in his realm, assuming it would take a fair amount of time to progress after many era's as Sheogorath, and as the curse has been broken or sidepathed (given to the champion of Cyrodill) it's probably more difficult for the other princes's to interupt and halt his path to his former power because he's more than likely completly isolated himself from the oblivion plains.

        Loading editor
    • 162.157.206.234 wrote:
      The way i see it is, he's regaining his power back in his realm, assuming it would take a fair amount of time to progress after many era's as Sheogorath, and as the curse has been broken or sidepathed (given to the champion of Cyrodill) it's probably more difficult for the other princes's to interupt and halt his path to his former power because he's more than likely completly isolated himself from the oblivion plains.

      If he's in his realm then he's in the Oblivion Planes, just secluded to his own.  Otherwise, I tend to agree that this is possible.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that he is probably on his own. Jyggalag wouldn't risk his return to power by consorting with any of the Daedric Princes. I really hope to see a major role upcoming.

        Loading editor
    • Madman97 wrote:
      I agree that he is probably on his own. Jyggalag wouldn't risk his return to power by consorting with any of the Daedric Princes. I really hope to see a major role upcoming.

      If you like that idea, try looking at the thread "Jyggylag and TES IV plot"

        Loading editor
    • Already have, numerous times.

        Loading editor
    • Jyggalag sadly is not seen in skyrim so no-one but Bethesda can truly answer this but I personally believe Sheogorath in skyrim is The Hero Of Kvatch its up to you what you believe though.

        Loading editor
    • I donno what happened to Jyggalag after the Hero Of Kvatch beat him but i dont thing the hero actully became Sheogorath. Most likely just in title only. they dont come out & say it & left it open enough for us as players to pick for our self. Cause Sheo was around for the Whole thing of Oblivion even without being the Hero of Kvatch since you can interact with him in the game. Some people think Sheo & Jyggalag were split into two differint dedra some think the hero became him all that is set in stone is Jyggalag will never turn to Sheo again & dissappers into Oblivion. I follow the Split theroy untill 100% come out & say it in a game happens & Sheo is insane so you cant take his word for it he confused himself when he was talking to the hero in shivering Isles

        Loading editor
    • Yes the Hero of Kvatch became Sheogorath trought the process of Mantling, the hero also destroyed Jyggalag.

        Loading editor
    • Daidra can't be destroyed that has been said because they are more powerfull then the aidra since they didn't give up any power to make mundas. & the thing with Sheo is only Canon eather way when they come out & say it witch they wont so its up to the player

        Loading editor
    • Well, daedric princes can be partially destroyed but only by a aedra or very powerfull being, Mehrunes dagon was partially destroyed (His physical form at least.) by the avatar of Akatosh.

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:
      Well,the Hero of Kvatch,in my opinion,is the best TES protagonist out there; mainly because he is the most normal of them,and because of this,i searched for every proof in my head and wiki to confirm that the best hero...

      It seems pretty logical that the Uncle Sheo we meet in Skyrim is the Hero of Kvatch we played in Oblivion. 

      Along with everything else you stated, Sheo also statesthat being the God of Madness is a family thing that he passes down every few thousand years; from him to himself.  That would reason that each current Sheo ends up tiring of it, and finds a new targe..  Volunteer to pass his cur..  Powers down to; and being Sheo comes with being Sheo.

      Anybody remember Dread Pirate Roberts?

        Loading editor
    • Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:
      Well,the Hero of Kvatch,in my opinion,is the best TES protagonist out there; mainly because he is the most normal of them,and because of this,i searched for every proof in my head and wiki to confirm that the best hero...
      It seems pretty logical that the Uncle Sheo we meet in Skyrim is the Hero of Kvatch we played in Oblivion...

      ...Anybody remember Dread Pirate Roberts?

      Dread Pirate Roberts, the legendary pirate captain from the movie The Princess Bride. I remember him very well, as he is multiple people. Once the Dread Captain finds their time to retire, they pass the title on to someone else. From the story, the captain is so old, that only two of the captains are still alive, Ryan and Westley I believe. Its a relatively simple and incredibly possibly system. Sheo now may very well be the Hero of Kvatch.

        Loading editor
    • Jacen Veron wrote:
      Krow Dawnstar wrote:
      Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:
      Well,the Hero of Kvatch,in my opinion,is the best TES protagonist out there; mainly because he is the most normal of them,and because of this,i searched for every proof in my head and wiki to confirm that the best hero...
      It seems pretty logical that the Uncle Sheo we meet in Skyrim is the Hero of Kvatch we played in Oblivion....

      ...Anybody remember Dread Pirate Roberts?

      Dread Pirate Roberts, the legendary pirate captain from the movie The Princess Bride. I remember him very well, as he is multiple people...

      At least, by his comment that he passes his name down to himself, that's what I get.  Half, "This guy is mad," and then it kinda makes sence if the name gets passed down.

        Loading editor
    • jyggalag is dead seas of oblivion is the void it is a metaphore

        Loading editor
    • 71.90.161.208 wrote: jyggalag is dead seas of oblivion is the void it is a metaphore

      so he will never return

        Loading editor
    • 71.90.161.208 wrote:
      jyggalag is dead seas of oblivion is the void it is a metaphore

      Source or you're full of crap.

        Loading editor
    • Let's not forgot the 18th Daedric Prince, Urog gro-Shub and his plane of Oblivion "The Arcanaeum"

        Loading editor
    • I think he's dead or at least the daedric version of dead, it doesnt take long (in an immortals mind set) for a daedra to regain their power/build a realm. During the Shivering isles main quest Old Sheo says that every era the greymarch destroys his realm and he must rebuild it only for it to be torn down again at the eras end. Since in the next era during Skyrim theres no mention of the greymarch outside of the Shivering isles im guessing that the disapearance of Sheograths realm isnt long enough to be noticed so i assume even in a weakend state old Sheo could rebuild it quite quickly. so i dont see why  Jyggalag couldnt have done the same. the only thing that can kill a powerful being like a daedra is another powerful being like another more powerful daedra he is hated by the other daedra or possibly by the new Daedric Prince of Madness, Jyggalag does stand for everything Sheo hates and visversa 

      or possibly by an aedra i doubt they'd want another daedra walking around

      i know its alot of assumptions but i think i kinda makes sense

        Loading editor
    • Jyggalag most likely didn't apperar in Skyrim because it makes no logical sense for him to do so.

      All other Daedra involve themselves with mortals because they want to but he is purely logical and if something has no real purpose then he won't do it.

        Loading editor
    • As Sheogorath was originally Jyggalag, the end of every Era, until the events of The Shivering Isles, saw a Greymarch. The Hero of Kvatch ended the Greymarch prematurely, breaking the cycle, and returning Jyggalag to his old self. With the creation of Sheogorath, the Daedra created a new balance of power. Sheogorath becoming Jyggalag upset the balance and a now Madgod was needed. Logically, as (arguably) the most powerful entity in the area, the Hero would become the new Madgod. Jyggalag, severely weakened, would "die" to reform in the Waters of Oblivion. After a while, Jyggalag would reform, and return to his plane of Oblivion. As for why he didn't appear in Skyrim, he would have needed time to reform his body (like Mehrunes Dagon). All of this is highly Sheoretical, and based on comments on this thread as well as other Wikia articles. Having never completed the Shivering Isles expansion, I apologize for any inaccuracies.

        Loading editor
    • the order god is probably being a bad ass some where and gaining followers and rebuilding his planeand is going to appear in elder scrolls 6 i hope he looked so bad ass they better bring him back!

        Loading editor
    • Guys. It's been a year since this thread died. Please don't ressurrect threads.

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold
      Ottoman Hold removed this reply because:
      Come on. Unneeded.
      14:40, June 16, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • i hope he comes back in tes 6, and we can become his champion. Hes probably of somewhere in Oblivion gaining his power, or mabye even helping the Hero of Kvatch, release his full potential as Sheogorath.

        Loading editor
    • Sambos Chicken wrote: i hope he comes back in tes 6, and we can become his champion. Hes probably of somewhere in Oblivion gaining his power, or mabye even helping the Hero of Kvatch, release his full potential as Sheogorath.

      I doubt that. They don't reuse old heroes, so I don't think we will see him again, besides maybe as Sheogorath.

        Loading editor
    • Draevan13 wrote:
      True, he wasn't well known after his change, but he's the single most powerful Daedric Prince. Surely after 200 years he would have done something in Mundus? Have a few Shrines built, started a cult or two, something? Anything? Unless Bethesda just forgot about him.


      I would hypothesize that Jyggalag's curse began no later than the Merethic Era, which would give the mortal races ample time to forget about him, if they ever knew about him in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • Me, I think he is building up to a point that he has the power to torture all the other daedra as they did to him, and neither him nor Sheo MK2 wanted to reveal him till he was strong enough

        Loading editor
    • Returning to this thread, I'd say that Jyggalag is likely gathering his strength and shaping a new Plane of Oblivion. While this is unheard of, at least on the article, it's entirely possible, considering the existence of demiprinces.

        Loading editor
    • Jyggalag is definitely gaining strength.... I believe that we'll see him in TES VI.

        Loading editor
    • Or Bethesda will weasel out of it and do something like "The other Daedric Lords defeated Jyggalag again and bound him to the new Sheogorath to repeat the cycle of the Greymarch" :P

        Loading editor
    • Draevan13 wrote: Or Bethesda will weasel out of it and do something like "The other Daedric Lords defeated Jyggalag again and bound him to the new Sheogorath to repeat the cycle of the Greymarch" :P

      Oh that'd be terrible. Come on Bethesda... Just let us have some closure and let the Greymarch be ended.

        Loading editor
    • Ottoman Hold wrote:

      Sambos Chicken wrote: i hope he comes back in tes 6, and we can become his champion. Hes probably of somewhere in Oblivion gaining his power, or mabye even helping the Hero of Kvatch, release his full potential as Sheogorath.

      I doubt that. They don't reuse old heroes, so I don't think we will see him again, besides maybe as Sheogorath.

      I meant Jyggalag not the HoK

        Loading editor
    • I believe Jyggalag will return in TES VI. He is preparing to march an attack on Tamriel, while Sheogorath sits there and says:CHEESE! FOR EVERYONE!

        Loading editor
    • I've got a story in the works. Approximately 22 years after the defeat of Alduin, and around 20 years after Dovahkiin dissappeared in Morrowind, Jyggalag began a new Greymarch in Skyrim, destroying Riverwood. It'll take a while to get it online, though, since my school blocks DeviantArt.

        Loading editor
    • Interesting story.

        Loading editor
    • Dusundavarfreohr wrote: I've got a story in the works. Approximately 22 years after the defeat of Alduin, and around 20 years after Dovahkiin dissappeared in Morrowind, Jyggalag began a new Greymarch in Skyrim, destroying Riverwood. It'll take a while to get it online, though, since my school blocks DeviantArt.

      I doubt that TES VI will be in Skyrim, since the remastered version will take care of that (though it's just the same game). Probably in Southern Tamriel, but Jyggalag probably should return. He's overdue for a return.

        Loading editor
    • I would like to see Elsweyr or maybe Black Marsh.

        Loading editor
    • I think OP would benifit from reading through this:

      https://www.imperial-library.info/content/arden-sul-1

      This is an extremely well researched theory by Lady Nerevar, a very well respected and well known lore schollar and lorebeard. She has been around since the days of Morrowind and remains active to this day. The theory is well received and most of the deep lore community accepts this theory. It has also recently been reinforced by a Loremaster's Archive interview with Haskill.

      TL;DR version: The CoC didn't change anything. Every Era a new champion takes the mantle of Sheogorath and at the end of every Era, Jyggalag returns and a new champion becomes Sheogorath.

        Loading editor
    • Sothas wrote:
      I think OP would benifit from reading through this:

      https://www.imperial-library.info/content/arden-sul-1

      This is an extremely well researched theory by Lady Nerevar, a very well respected and well known lore schollar and lorebeard. She has been around since the days of Morrowind and remains active to this day. The theory is well received and most of the deep lore community accepts this theory. It has also recently been reinforced by a Loremaster's Archive interview with Haskill.

      TL;DR version: The CoC didn't change anything. Every Era a new champion takes the mantle of Sheogorath and at the end of every Era, Jyggalag returns and a new champion becomes Sheogorath.

      I'm confused. This article says that Jyggalags are created to oppose every new Sheogorath because Akatosh always has the opposing force of Lorkhan, but I fail to see why Akatosh always having an opposing force means Sheogorath always would have one too... 

        Loading editor
    • Draevan13 wrote:

      Sothas wrote:
      I think OP would benifit from reading through this:

      https://www.imperial-library.info/content/arden-sul-1

      This is an extremely well researched theory by Lady Nerevar, a very well respected and well known lore schollar and lorebeard. She has been around since the days of Morrowind and remains active to this day. The theory is well received and most of the deep lore community accepts this theory. It has also recently been reinforced by a Loremaster's Archive interview with Haskill.

      TL;DR version: The CoC didn't change anything. Every Era a new champion takes the mantle of Sheogorath and at the end of every Era, Jyggalag returns and a new champion becomes Sheogorath.

      I'm confused. This article says that Jyggalags are created to oppose every new Sheogorath because Akatosh always has the opposing force of Lorkhan, but I fail to see why Akatosh always having an opposing force means Sheogorath always would have one too... 

      Because Sheogorath is the Sithis-Shaped Hole, carved with the gifted/stolen divine spark of Lorkhan during Convention. Both Arden and the CoC have strong connenctions to Lorkhan.

        Loading editor
    • Sothas wrote:

      Because Sheogorath is the Sithis-Shaped Hole, carved with the gifted/stolen divine spark of Lorkhan during Convention. Both Arden and the CoC have strong connenctions to Lorkhan.

      I see, so the theory proposes that if Lorkhan has an opposing force, Sheogorath would also have to have one by association.

      I find that's a bit of a stretch, but it's an interesting theory regardless.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.