FANDOM


  • He has his name all over the dwemer kingdoms, yet we don’t know who he is. So who do you think he is?   

      Loading editor
    • Legendary Dwarven King of Ancient Times. Sounds good.

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:
      Legendary Dwarven King of Ancient Times. Sounds good.

      That is what I think. I am unsure as there is no mention to him in game.

      Original poster

        Loading editor
    • You might be confusing mods like Dwemer Spectres and Lost Wonders of Mzark with the vanilla game. Only the Tower of Mzark has the name Mzark.

        Loading editor
    • Mzark was the A-Hole who Did something.

        Loading editor
    • Mzark was prbably some legendary Dwemer who did something that other Dwemer's liked...

        Loading editor
    • 99.38.106.162 wrote:
      You might be confusing mods like Dwemer Spectres and Lost Wonders of Mzark with the vanilla game. Only the Tower of Mzark has the name Mzark.


      I thought there were a couple of books in Skyrim that mentioned Mzark.

        Loading editor
    • Mzark may not be any preticular Dwemer, it might just be the name for the tower, though it might have a meaning in the Dwemer language. Could mean Elder Scroll or something. 

        Loading editor
    • Seeing as most of the Dwemer ruins are named after Dwemer kings I would imagen that he is a king? Perhaps the one who built the Blackreach research facillity?

        Loading editor
    • Mzark was the town drunk and they named the city after him as a joke. 

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Mzark was special Dwemer booze, abd that is the true reason they all dissapeared.  They drank so much, they all just exploded

        Loading editor
    • 174.55.221.213 wrote:

      He has his name all over the dwemer kingdoms, yet we don’t know who he is. So who do you think he is?   

      He is probably either a dwemer king, or a famous dwemer builder who might've built that tower design.

        Loading editor
    • I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Dwemer weren't drinkers. And if they were, they'd be social drinkers only, like me. People who drink when they are on their Skyrim wikis. *Hicup*. But their foundations are built to last and are particuliarly robust. Not the works of a renowned drunk.

        Loading editor
    • Mzark is the "lord of everything under the mountain" Basically Dwemer ruler of skyrim.

        Loading editor
    • Hydra-Hok wrote:
      I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Dwemer weren't drinkers. And if they were, they'd be social drinkers only, like me. People who drink when they are on their Skyrim wikis. *Hicup*. But their foundations are built to last and are particuliarly robust. Not the works of a renowned drunk.

      Oh, and your sure they weren't drinkers? How can you be so sure? You wouldn't find any food or drink in any Dwemer ruins due to the age, as well as scavangers, animals, and Falmer. The only facts we have on Dwemer is that they were around and were great builders. But about how they lived day to day, what they worshipped, if anything, what they celibrated, when, where, and why are all lost to us. However, they had a large society, and every society will have some among them that do not conform. In smaller societies it is easier to weed out those individuals and remove them. In larger societies it becomes much more difficult. So really anything is possible when it comes down to the Dwemer, we just don't know much about them. 

        Loading editor
    • All i'm saying is they probably weren't like my neighbour Larry who is somehow constantly drunk. I base my theory on the fact none of them carved rude pictures in the walls as that's what me and my friends do when we are drunk. But they probably were good ale brewers or they weren't. We don't know... Yet.

        Loading editor
    • If Mzark were mentioned as a person in game (not including mods), there'd be a Wiki page about him. Likely "Tower of Mzark " is named such just because names. It's like "Alftand " or "Bthardamz ".

        Loading editor
    • maybe he was dwemer high king of skyrim?

        Loading editor
    • The Dwemer rarely if at all interacted with surface dwellers in Skyrim. Exept perhaps for the giants and snowelves. But by the time the Atmorans had actually formed the Skyrim government and monarchy, the Dweme were probably already gone. They never usurped the surface as their own.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Mzark whas a Dwemer Elder and he created Tower of Mzark, What if the Riekling from the Dragonborn DLC is the dwemer?

        Loading editor
    • Oskar363 wrote: Maybe Mzark whas a Dwemer Elder and he created Tower of Mzark, What if the Riekling from the Dragonborn DLC is the dwemer?

      They're not, Rikelings are descendants of the snow elves.

        Loading editor
    • Miraak Obama
      Miraak Obama removed this reply because:
      olol
      00:32, April 29, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Twigman55 wrote:

      Oskar363 wrote: Maybe Mzark whas a Dwemer Elder and he created Tower of Mzark, What if the Riekling from the Dragonborn DLC is the dwemer?

      They're not, Rikelings are descendants of the snow elves.

      Actually...Rieklings are not related to Snow elves at all.

        Loading editor
    • Rukathesoldier wrote:

      Twigman55 wrote:

      Oskar363 wrote: Maybe Mzark whas a Dwemer Elder and he created Tower of Mzark, What if the Riekling from the Dragonborn DLC is the dwemer?

      They're not, Rikelings are descendants of the snow elves.

      Actually...Rieklings are not related to Snow elves at all.

      How so? If I recall the Rikelings are the remnants of the snow elves from Solstheim.

        Loading editor
    • Twigman55 wrote:

      How so? If I recall the Rikelings are the remnants of the snow elves from Solstheim.

      Mind stating your source behind that claim? The Nords of Solstheim believed the rieklings are descended from the Falmer, but that doesn't make it true, or even plausible.

      Edit: Removed pyramid quoting. (talk) 23:15, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote: Mind stating your source behind that claim? The Nords of Solstheim believed the rieklings are descended from the Falmer, but that doesn't make it true, or even plausible.

      Than please tell me what they descend from? If we don't know than I have the right to form my own opinion over the matter.

      Edit: Removed pyramid quoting. (talk) 23:14, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
        Loading editor
    • Twigman55 wrote: Than please tell me what they descend from? If we don't know than I have the right to form my own opinion over the matter.

      Do they have to be descended from something? Can't they just be their own species? It's okay to state your opinion, but don't go claiming it as a fact.

      Edit: Removed pyramid quoting. (talk) 23:13, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
        Loading editor
    • Guys, please avoid quoting quotes who quote other quotes quoting quotes.

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote: Do they have to be descended from something? Can't they just be their own species? It's okay to state your opinion, but don't go claiming it as a fact.

      Ok but also stating that they aren't descendants snowelves as fact is the same thing as stating that they are. So try not to be hypocritical.

      Edit: Removed pyramid quoting. (talk) 23:13, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
        Loading editor
    • Twigman55 wrote:
      Ok but also stating that they aren't descendants snowelves as fact is the same thing as stating that they are. So try not to be hypocritical.

      Lets leave it at Rieklings are rieklings.

      Mzark is just an easter egg carved into Dwarven Ruins by the editors.

      Edit: Avoid pyramid quoting, please. (talk) 23:09, April 30, 2014 (UTC)
        Loading editor
    • Again, please delete the quotes and keep only the parts you wish to debate.

        Loading editor
    • actully mzark was the dwarven god he was no king saddly but he was worshiped by all dwarves and so they named their star observitory their most carefully guarded secret and they named their tower after him

        Loading editor
    • You're thinking of Numinidium, according to ancient writings the Dwarves looked down upon worship of the divine, they had trouble worshipping of a god of their own creation. In a nutshell, they didn't really believe in gods.

        Loading editor
    • thank you I guess I got mixed up in my lore reading and also thanks for correcting me if you didn't I might have made an ass out of myself 

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Mzark was a Dwemer god. In one of the several loading screens for Skyrim it says "But our brethren, the Dwemer, scorned the Daedra, and preffered their gods of reason and logic." Maybe Mzark was the Dwemer god of Mathematics or calulation. or he could of been the god of stonemasons and metalworkers.

        Loading editor
    • The Anumidium wrote: Maybe Mzark was a Dwemer god. In one of the several loading screens for Skyrim it says "But our brethren, the Dwemer, scorned the Daedra, and preffered their gods of reason and logic." Maybe Mzark was the Dwemer god of Mathematics or calulation. or he could of been the god of stonemasons and metalworkers.

      Their "gods of reason and logic" were metaphor, in that the Dwemer denied the superiority of the et'Ada and the narratives they wove, instead preferring only to believe what they themselves could verify: the scientific method dominated their philosophy. They saw the Aurbis, the Dream, but where others saw truth by experience, the Dwemer saw lies and falsehood. Hence Anumidium: their ultimate refusal of the Dream, their ascendance to Godhood, a self-contained reality that in their minds was the only concretely real thing there was by virtue of their making of it. Its very purpose was to tear down the reality that they saw as false, and indeed most of its destructive power comes not from its size or its construction, but from its scream of "NO, YOU DO NOT EXIST".

      As for what Mzark is? It's likely either some Dwemer figure of great renown, perhaps either the architect of the tower or the individual the tower was built for. Or perhaps it was a city-state, and the tower was either a part of it or its most notable feature. We can only speculate.

        Loading editor
    • -AR- wrote:
      As for what Mzark is? It's likely either some Dwemer figure of great renown, perhaps either the architect of the tower or the individual the tower was built for. Or perhaps it was a city-state, and the tower was either a part of it or its most notable feature. We can only speculate.

      Ok, new theory: Mzark was Kagrenac's chief advisor, or one of the Dwemer architects who helped to design The Numidium? and the interior where it connects to blackreach was his study?

        Loading editor
    • (this has nothing relating to skyrim, only the google translator owo)   Mzark translates to Mazar in Arabic, which means a shrine of some sort or a... yeah, a shrine. So maybe Mzark was a king or god of some sort, or maybe just a very valuable person among the Dwemer? Maybe they named it in his honor.

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Mzark had the same status as Kagrenac. A tonal-architect or Master-Crafter. 

      He could be the creator of the oculory in the tower. If so, he is a damn good Crafter. I know mods don't count as Lore in this case, but there is a good mod which adds Dwemer spirits to the ruins. Including a Dwemer NPC called Mzark. You can actually find him in the tower at the oculory. He will defend the Oculory and become hostille. I can tell you that. Link for mod down below. But the loot isn't dissapointing. 

      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=73106656&searchtext=dwemer+spirit

        Loading editor
    • 69.131.163.195 wrote:
      (this has nothing relating to skyrim, only the google translator owo)   Mzark translates to Mazar in Arabic

      Well, do dwemer speak arabic?

        Loading editor
    • Oh no i just commited necroposting, fugg

        Loading editor
    • Or Mzark could be the Oculory. The tower of the Oculory...

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.