FANDOM


  • I was always wondering which person to sacrifice without the Add-On content and I never got around the point of finishing this quest and so who is the best companion to sacrifice?

      Loading editor
    • do Sven/Faendal, hired followers such as jenassa or marcurio

        Loading editor
    • When I did the quest, I chose Ghorbash the Iron Hand. The demonic voice that takes over his body (well, Boethiah's demonic voice :P) fits him well. But, anyone will do. 

        Loading editor
    • I sacrificed Uthgerd, that voice is so... Fitting.. For her body... And face...

        Loading editor
    • IceWraith wrote:
      do Sven/Faendal, hired followers such as jenassa or marcurio

      I agree with this guy/girl. Hirelings are boring and can be killed for fun. So, you should sacrifice them. Don't sacrifice faendal till Aela agrees to be a follower

        Loading editor
    • who is the most useless companion to sacrifice?

        Loading editor
    • If Mjoll was non-essential I would sacrafice him (see the thread of praise for my description of her)

        Loading editor
    • I say Janessa.

        Loading editor
    • Marcurio. I hate the guy. 

        Loading editor
    • I chose J'zargo. He just seems like he's up to something.

        Loading editor
    • OH COME ON! (sorry, I just friggin love J'zargo. I do apologize dearly)

        Loading editor
    • Anyone from the Companions faction, since they magically get reborn eventually, hehehe. I'm sure you're all aware of that nightmare-causing glitch, right?

        Loading editor
    • I knew I killed them all! I was thinking half of them were gone, I just missed some of them on my murder spree!

        Loading editor
    • I killed Cosnach.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Onmund.

        Loading editor
    • I killed Ria, Njada, and the other 2 minor guys, Osmund and cosnach im thining based on your last posts

        Loading editor
    • I dislike he Ebony Mail, it just makes combat look messy.

        Loading editor
    • I collected every daedric artifact in the game. I wasnt that satisfied, although I did receive oblivion walker.

        Loading editor
    • Goldflame33 wrote: I dislike he Ebony Mail, it just makes combat look messy.

      I never really used it. A thief using ebony armor with nightingale hood and shrouded gloves just looks unelegant.

        Loading editor
    • I don't like any Daedric Princes, save Nocturnal, Azura, and Meridia. I abhor Peryite, so I covered the Spellbreaker chapter in the RP of my character with white-out. The shield is so amazing I get it on every character I play.

        Loading editor
    • I like sanguine, azura, meridia, and sota malacath.

        Loading editor
    • The ones i like are Clavicus and Sheogorath. I dream of the day i get to kill all worshippers of Molag Bal. But back to the topic.

        Loading editor
    • I sacraficed janessa, she scares me. I wish I had sacraficed Iona, I killed her anyway so...

        Loading editor
    • I sacrificed Adelaisa Vendicci of the East Empire Company in Windhelm after the quest Rise in the East. I think of it as a revenge against the Company for their abuse of taxes against the Dunmer.

      Also, I heard that she is the most low-leveled follower in the base game.

        Loading editor
    • In my several play through I always sacrificed the mercenary in the Candlehearth Hall.

        Loading editor
    • i wish i could sacrific aerin

      -thatdudewiththegun

        Loading editor
    • Aerin is creepy. He sprints to Mjoll so he can watch her in her sleep.

        Loading editor
    • cosnatch

        Loading editor
    • Hired a merc, stuck her to the pole last night and slit her throat, see I don't even remember her name. wanted to complete quest and killing all the cultist still made me have to make this choice. Life is precious we must treat it as such. Aerin LOL all you have to do is take Mjoll on a few dungeon raids Aerin won't make it out awwwwww!Laslo451 (talk) 17:24, November 20, 2013 (UTC)

        Loading editor
    • I hate Aerin. Mjoll would be better off without that millstone. Wish I could sacrifice him.

        Loading editor
    • Aerin died on my game. One day, i just found his body at the canal. I think it was a dragon.

        Loading editor
    • I hate aerin and mjoll

        Loading editor
    • I dumped Mjoll after the Season Unending talks. While Tullius and Ulfric were talking, Mjoll would spew some crap about her childhood. I could not hear the delegates at all.

        Loading editor
    • That pipsqueak merc from the Winking Skeever. I hired him a few times and he was worthless.

        Loading editor
    • Adelaisa... I couldn't decide so i went on the net and found a list of followers. I chose the one with imperial armor :p

        Loading editor
    • Nait Nelthar wrote:
      I chose the one with imperial armor :p

      The funny thing is, she is regarded as a civilian.

        Loading editor
    • Goldflame33 wrote:

      Nait Nelthar wrote:
      I chose the one with imperial armor :p

      The funny thing is, she is regarded as a civilian.

      Indeed, but she's still a soldier.

        Loading editor
    • 201.83.251.56 wrote:
      I sacrificed Uthgerd, that voice is so... Fitting.. For her body... And face...

      This.

      I sacificed Uthgerd.  Because she's, by far, the least liked NPC.  I mean, seriously, how many people even remember that NPC exists?  At least people that hate Cicero, know he exists.  Then again, not many know that Adelaisa Vendicci exists, either.

        Loading editor
    • I was going to sacrifice Sven, but for some reason, I can't because he's not really a bad person and he lives alone with his old mom Hilda so I didn't want to deprive her of her only son. I usually take on of those hired mercenaries you can get at the taverns. Atleast they knew what they were getting into when the chose the job.

        Loading editor
    • 202.79.203.43 wrote:
       so I didn't want to deprive her of her only son. 

      I murdered Hilda when i spoke to her. Woman's another racist Stormcloak. I should have killed Sven before murdering her, add more acid.

        Loading editor
    • I support the stormcloaks... But i got nothing agains the empire really... The thalmor are the enemies.

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:
      202.79.203.43 wrote:
       so I didn't want to deprive her of her only son. 
      I murdered Hilda when i spoke to her. Woman's another racist Stormcloak. I should have killed Sven before murdering her, add more acid.

      I think killing people just because they're stormcloak aligned is worse than being one of the racist stormcloaks, at least they're trying to improve their home.

      anyways, yeah, I usually kill Janessa or someone that's not going to be missed, like the bar mercs.

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote: I think killing people just because they're stormcloak aligned is worse than being one of the racist stormcloaks, at least they're trying to improve their home.

      Yeah, well. Wait, what? It was a fair fight, she wielding her mighty Fork of Racism and her stout Armor of Ignorance against the weakly equipped, Daedric-clad Dragonborn...

      To me, they're no different than the foot soldiers.

        Loading editor
    • so a civilian with a difference of opinion is equal to the soldiers trying to kill you and your fellow soldiers?

        Loading editor
    • Yes. They are backing up the men that are tearing Skyrim apart, their ideals are the same, they're fighting the same battle but with different weapons.

        Loading editor
    • SonjavonRuuden wrote:
      That pipsqueak merc from the Winking Skeever. I hired him a few times and he was worthless.

      I love Beirand's personality. He's friggin awesome. But, reasons are reasons, I suppose...

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:
      Yes. They are backing up the men that are tearing Skyrim apart, their ideals are the same, they're fighting the same battle but with different weapons.

      I used to do that with the empire as my INSANE character. I would never do that with my more normal ones. Also, even with the crazy one, I stopped doing it. I only did it when the only reason I hated the Empire was their trying to execute me. I still like stormcloaks better.

        Loading editor
    • Hm. I wish i was completely sane.

        Loading editor
    • I had a bounty of... I forget. I posted it above somewhere

        Loading editor
    • Oh no wait, I posted it in skyrim confessions

        Loading editor
    • Orc named sue wrote: I used to do that with the empire as my INSANE character. I would never do that with my more normal ones. Also, even with the crazy one, I stopped doing it. I only did it when the only reason I hated the Empire was their trying to execute me. I still like stormcloaks better.

      What, you think they should give illegal immigrants a high five and let them stroll past.

        Loading editor
    • I sacrificed benor because he is really really irritating and his head looks like a crinkled walnut. also he asked to marry me when i had my amulet of mara on. but now i sacrificed him and killed the followers the cave is still collapsed and i cant get to the Mail. help please? -ThatOneChickenBully

        Loading editor
    • Goldflame33 wrote:

      Orc named sue wrote: I used to do that with the empire as my INSANE character. I would never do that with my more normal ones. Also, even with the crazy one, I stopped doing it. I only did it when the only reason I hated the Empire was their trying to execute me. I still like stormcloaks better.

      What, you think they should give illegal immigrants a high five and let them stroll past.

      well skyrim isnt much better than other nations and it doesnt seem to have any real important citizenship laws. It's not overpopulated either. And who says the stormcloaks would allow illegal immigration, anyway?

        Loading editor
    • Orc named sue wrote:

      It's not overpopulated either.

      Remember: Gameplay does not equal lore. So you can't say for sure if it's underpopulated or overpopulated.

        Loading editor
    • Orc named sue wrote: well skyrim isnt much better than other nations and it doesnt seem to have any real important citizenship laws. It's not overpopulated either. And who says the stormcloaks would allow illegal immigration, anyway?

      I'm not saying they would. You were mad because they tried to execute you, and I presented the alternative.

        Loading editor
    • Back on topic please

        Loading editor
    • Sven or Roggi knot-beard. Both have a level 20 level cap and terrible skills.

        Loading editor
    • i kinda cheated. i just used the console commands : resurrect, setrelationshiprank 4, player.setrelationshiprank 4. and it's like it never happened

        Loading editor
    • Ralis Sedarys, that dude in solstheim that sacrificed miners and said he was "posessed". I even used his pickaxe on him. It was glorious.

        Loading editor
    • 222.127.85.211 wrote:
      Ralis Sedarys, that dude in solstheim that sacrificed miners and said he was "posessed". I even used his pickaxe on him. It was glorious.

      I was JUST gonna say Ralis! High five...

        Loading editor
    • I always use Sven as a sacrificial goat. He's pretty weak and has terrible skills.

        Loading editor
    • Is it possible to sacrifice Cicero?

        Loading editor
    • 93.87.171.20 wrote:
      Is it possible to sacrifice Cicero?

      Sorry, but no. Cicero is set back to essential when you spare him during the Dark Brotherhood questline.

      Characters marked essential like Cicero and obviously Serana, are impossible to sacrifice.

      The 2 Dark Brotherhood Initiates in the Dawnstar Sanctuary are also flagged as essential.

        Loading editor
    • Uthgerd from Whiterun. Always. You just "don´t loose control", period! Would _l_o_v_e_ to sacrifice Aerin though :p

        Loading editor
    • Ive been Archmage of Winterhold now..its great ,and since then Jzargo has been talking about being the NEXT..well that wont happen..so it will be him..yep

        Loading editor
    • Pink Slim wrote:
      I say Janessa.


      This. I love to sacrifice her for 2 reasons:

      1. She's dodgy (will accept to commit any crimes if hired) so getting rid of her is probably a plus for humanity

      2. She's a dark elf, Boethiah is the dark elves daedric prince... can you see the irony there?

        Loading editor
    • i always use the woman in Darkwater crossing. Annekke Rock-Chucker

        Loading editor
    • 108.201.52.195 wrote:
       Annekke Rock-Chucker

      Umm... do you mean Crag-Jumper? A wife and mother? You heartless evil person...

        Loading editor
    • The Merc in Windhelm at Candlehearth Hall FTW. Seemed fitting to take a sellsword from there to be sacrificed in the name of a Daedra that is revered by Dunmer. Besides...they have to learn not to take coin from an Elf in black armor in the first place. Afterwards, he was a good snack. The Green Pact at its best, and gained the favor of a Daedra in the process. The things I do to eat people.

        Loading editor
    • Lydia.

      Do i really need to explain why?

      "I am sworn to carry your burdens"

      Enough said.

        Loading editor
    • could you do the Spectral assassin?

        Loading editor
    • I WOULD do Jennesa, never used her... EVER!

        Loading editor
    • I don't get the hate for Janessa. Although she's a paid follower she's extremely cool in a loyal, shadow-assassin-bodyguard kinda way. The fact that her morality is flexible enough such that you could direct her to commit crimes if you were roleplaying an evil character is really cool as well, and is unique for a follower you can get so early in the game. 

        Loading editor
    • I used Calder from the the windhelm housecarl because he has Mercer Fray's voice and I hate Mercer

        Loading editor
    • Actually, Calder has the MaleNord voice type, the same as Ralof. Mercer Frey's voice type is the same as Belethor, Enthir, and Viarmo.

      Anyway, back to the question at hand. I usually sacrifice one of the hireling followers. They're useless for me.

        Loading editor
    • FFIX wrote:
      I chose J'zargo. He just seems like he's up to something.

      bad call him and the dark brotherhood iniate are the only 2 followers tht lvl up past 81 in the lvl cap soz


        Loading editor
    • Except for Ingjard, Durak, Celann from Dawnguard and Frea from Dragonborn. The only follower i ever sacrificed to Boethiah was Marcurio as i was fed up his Chain Lightning spell doing as much damage to me as the enemy.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote: Except for Ingjard, Durak, Celann from Dawnguard and Frea from Dragonborn. The only follower i ever sacrificed to Boethiah was Marcurio as i was fed up his Chain Lightning spell doing as much damage to me as the enemy.

      Just as a note, you can link to on-wiki articles using [[article title here]] syntax, easier when quoting :)

      I agree. I generally used Jenassa for the sacrifice, just because it looked more awesome :P

        Loading editor
    • Aww Jenassa is one of my favorite followers even though most of my characters wouldn't use her "skills" but i have to admit she would make a good vessel for Boethiah.

        Loading editor
    • I wish I could sacrifice Nazeem. WHO GETS TO THE CLOUD DISTRICT NOW!? THAT'S RIGHT! ME!

        Loading editor
    • KiraTsukasa wrote: I wish I could sacrifice Nazeem. WHO GETS TO THE CLOUD DISTRICT NOW!? THAT'S RIGHT! ME!

      That can be arranged, specifically for the PC user!

        Loading editor
    • best. thread. ever. also i sacraficed farkas cause i didnt know what was happening and after the whole vboethia talk, he got back up so i just said okay that was wierd.

        Loading editor
    • As someone roleplaying a Dunmer "lovable rogue" type, this was a difficult choice for me. On the one hand, she tries not to kill innocents (rob blind, yes, but not kill) but on the other hand, denying one of her kind's patrons would not only offend, but sort of scare her... The mercenary bit is probably the best answer. Someone who'd probably go and get themselves killed anyway.

      ...That said, sacrificing J'zargo just makes me laugh for some reason. "In retrospect, this one truly should have tested those scrolls of fire on someone less emotionally volatile."

        Loading editor
    • I really think that there should've been multiple rewards the more followers you sacrifice(>:D), because the quest was fairly short although required thinking about which followers are most useless and the quest reward was nice at best. Anyway, I'd probably murder Cosnach, a procrastinating, drunk lout.

        Loading editor
    • I always sacrifice Aranea Ienith, the priestess of Azura, because she's out of the way of other named characters and won't be missed, and I generally do her quest before Boethiah's Calling so she is convenient.

        Loading editor
    • Hard choice to make (at least to me). Despite being the Listener and ruthlessly slaughtering a Messenger if he hasn't any letterto give me, I (try to) stay a Nord full of honour and spirit, who sides with the Stormcloaks becauses he hates the Thalmor and not the Empire (though I slay every very soldier in the camps I cross because I love blood (though I hate Vampires because they're cruel and they eat human beings (thus saith the werewolf...) and this is awful and they are Molag Bal's creatures and I hate him (though I killed this impolite Boethiah priest for him (I HATE BOTH MOLAG BAL AND BOETHIAH MAY ALL THESE AWFUL PRINCES ALL DIE IN OBLIVION (??) )))) so I don't want to tear families apart for an Ebony Mail, neither I want to kill people who'll be missed (but there's no way I slay Azura's priestress for she's a priestress (you DON'T HIT PRIESTS!) and Azura is one of the only nice Princes). Also the Companions are untouchable to me (you DON'T HIT YOUR BROTHERS!), and I don't want to sacrifice my housecarls so I think I'm going to hire a mercenary in a tavern, at least they knew what they eventually could get involved in when they decised to become sellswords.

        Loading editor
    • In one of my first play throughs I chose Eola, because I thought that of all the followers she was the only one worth sacrificing and not feeling wrong for doing so. But you have to do some rather despicable stuff to get her as a follower. Now I refuse to do her mission, & IMO none of the other followers deserve to die so that I may obtain one piece of armor. Now, if Cicero wasn't essential I would gladly sacrifice him. I can't stand the little clown. So yeah, I don't do Boethiah's Calling.

        Loading editor
    • Eat Brother Verulus, decapitate others with Ebony Blade, and sacrifice Eola. Please three Daedra Prince at once.

        Loading editor
    • You are all murderers ;-; Jk. I killed...Marcurio.

        Loading editor
    • 66.168.14.214 wrote:
      You are all murderers ;-; Jk. I killed...Marcurio.

      There's no world without people dying, so let's make it a purification (by wiping out the useless ones, you know) ;)

      By the way I think Marcurio going to die for Boethiah in my game as well (this Blade of Sacrifice will definitely not stay unstained)...

      I don't like him :)

        Loading editor
    • Illia, since she's a single used follower.

      On PC, create your own follower with creation kit, kill him/her and then resurrect him/her again.

        Loading editor
    • cosnatch, good for nothing drunkerd

        Loading editor
    • Athis. Never cared for him, ironic, easily forgotten.

        Loading editor
    • 173.88.177.162 wrote:
      Athis. Never cared for him, ironic, easily forgotten.

      Realy?! 

        Loading editor
    • I will always do Sven. I mean, he just seems like a milkdrinker! He had to ask for help from another women to win the love of one that he never marries! And I thought men on Earth were bad! Nirn is just the same!

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Mhazard, Illia is the "best" option since she's glitched. 

        Loading editor
    • i think Marcurio reason he has a persanality that shouts i am beter than you and i no it and i hate people like that

        Loading editor
    • The best companion to sacrifise in my opinion is Aela the Huntress. Pls no hate!

        Loading editor
    • Characters I wish I could sacrifice:

      Nazeem: "'Try going to the Cloud District now that you're 6ft under."

      Bassianus Axius"The eternal rest should prove far more boring than our conversations."

      Maven Black-Briar"See if all your influence can help you run Riften from a coffin."

      Taarie"It's called "armor" now that I'm going to stab you you'll wish you had some."

      And lastly, all the dumb kids who think you're not enough tough looking/interested in their menial lives/affraid of them. 

        Loading editor
    • I just found some random Dark Elf named Vennesa. Hired her and then immediately sacrificed her. Se lived a boring life.

        Loading editor
    • I always sacrifice Eola after completing The Taste of Death. It's like giving Namira the finger after going through all that fucked up shit for a goddamn ring.

        Loading editor
    • Call me retarted but each time I bring a new follower the the shrine, I start thinking about the follower. I end up saying "This person didn't do anything wrong...WTF am I doing". And go find another follower again. Is there a glitch or an evil follower? (Excluding Dark Brotherhood)

        Loading editor
    • 70.53.106.109 wrote:
      Call me retarted but each time I bring a new follower the the shrine, I start thinking about the follower. I end up saying "This person didn't do anything wrong...WTF am I doing". And go find another follower again. Is there a glitch or an evil follower? (Excluding Dark Brotherhood)


      See above.

        Loading editor
    • I hated Faendal so I chose to sacrifice him... :p

        Loading editor
    • I hated Faendal too but since he trained me in archery for free.. I sacrificed Uthgerd xD


      70.53.106.109

      Evil followers: Eola (to recruit her you need to nom people for a daedric quest), Jenassa (commits any crime if ordered to, idk if she's evil or just crazy loyal). None of DB followers can be sacrificed as they're essential.

        Loading editor
    • Sacrifice Lydia. Nobody likes Lydia.

        Loading editor
    • 24.89.64.200 wrote:
      Sacrifice Lydia. Nobody likes Lydia.

      I like Lydia... O_O Why are you all so heartless? She's the first decent girl to become your follower...

        Loading editor
    • I've only done the Daedric quests that I think "What harm can there be doing it?", so just the ones for Herma-Mora, Meridia, Sheogorath, Clavicus Vile (I saved Barbas), Peryite (that shield!), Merunhes Dagon (A backhand to him, I always refuse to kill the museum owner) and Vaermina (A flip to her, I save Erandur). So, if I could ever make myself do this quest, I'd like to sacrifice Njada Stone-arm. What a bitch! All the time.

        Loading editor
    • Janessa because shed do it to you and not even care or if you did Namiras quest and felt bad sacrifice her cannibal follower.

      (Just don't sacrifice awesome companions like Marcurio <3 )

      @Leea, I wouldn't say herma moras quests were harmless especially considering just how much of an effect he had in the Dragonborn DLC...

      but yeah I'm the same I only ever do Hircines quest (help sinding) Vaerminas quest (help Erandur) Malacaths quest , Namiras quest (kill cannibals then save priest) Azura, Meridias and Sanguines quests and if I decide to occasionally Sheogorath and Boethiahs quests but I always feel a bit bad for sacrificing people (even when it's always Janessa because she would do it to me) I do herma moras quests but I wouldn't say he's harmless he's more dangerous than he seems, even cloth points out the danger of forbidden (but useful) knowldgeand he did convince Optimus to do murders and other chaotic things order to get knowledge then used him of and discarded him (same for Miraak)

        Loading editor
    • RenzXVI wrote:

      24.89.64.200 wrote:
      Sacrifice Lydia. Nobody likes Lydia.

      I like Lydia... O_O Why are you all so heartless? She's the first decent girl to become your follower...

      Not necessarily, you can have other followers earlier, I usually do the main quest at higher levels once I'm much farther into the game.

      Anyway she was kinda forced to be your follower.

        Loading editor
    • 78.146.188.254 wrote: i think Marcurio reason he has a persanality that shouts i am beter than you and i no it and i hate people like that

      How can you not love that arrogance he's skilled and attractive and he knows it why shouldn't he think he's better, he probably is :p ( <3 Marcurio) seriously what since wrong either all of you wanting to kill him he's so perfect.

        Loading editor
    • i always sacrifice Sven. i hate that guy.

        Loading editor
    • Blitzbear93 wrote:

      78.146.188.254 wrote: i think Marcurio reason he has a persanality that shouts i am beter than you and i no it and i hate people like that

      How can you not love that arrogance he's skilled and attractive and he knows it why shouldn't he think he's better, he probably is :p ( <3 Marcurio) seriously what since wrong either all of you wanting to kill him he's so perfect.


      Lmao, you're making it sound they're just jealous of Marcurio.


      Anyway, it would be interesting if Bethesda collected statistics for this quest (to see who gets sacrificed more frequently) and some other quests (see how most players choose to progress through the storyline). Well getting accurate statistics is not possible since this game could be played offline.

        Loading editor
    • ? Boethiah will remember that.

      The few times i did the quest i used Marcurio, because of the attitude and as a follower his lightning always hits me as much as the enemy. Sven or Roggi Knot-Beard are good choice's strategically as they have low level caps and offer no services.

        Loading editor
    • Bzze wrote:

      Blitzbear93 wrote:

      5

      78.146.188.254 wrote: i think Marcurio reason he has a persanality that shouts i am beter than you and i no it and i hate people like that

      How can you not love that arrogance he's skilled and attractive and he knows it why shouldn't he think he's better, he probably is :p ( <3 Marcurio) seriously what since wrong either all of you wanting to kill him he's so perfect.


      Lmao, you're making it sound they're just jealous of Marcurio.


      Anyway, it would be interesting if Bethesda collected statistics for this quest (to see who gets sacrificed more frequently) and some other quests (see how most players choose to progress through the storyline). Well getting accurate statistics is not possible since this game could be played offline.

      I like to think everyone is jealous of Marcurio, I think he's pretty awesome so I'm a bit protective him xD

      We could always make or own poll and ask players on here to vote ,wouldn't be exact statistics but would give us an idea, I doubt Bethesda will ever collect those stats for US.

        Loading editor
    • AzuraKnight wrote: ? Boethiah will remember that.

      The few times i did the quest i used Marcurio, because of the attitude and as a follower his lightning always hits me as much as the enemy. Sven or Roggi Knot-Beard are good choice's strategically as they have low level caps and offer no services.

      I've been hit by his lighting a few times (and some hilarious events where he accidentally hit a guard and got arrested) but I've learnt to avoid his lightning which isn't usually a problem since use a bow most times I have the atronach stone to absorb magic damage.

      Id say sven is a good choice (though to have him as a follower you have to have helped him missing the opportunity for basically free archery trainingfrom faendal , and so many people complain they don't like Sven then just don't help him xD) also I could suggest the near pointless mercenary in solitude (Belrand I think his name is) from both an role-playing pov and an in-game one he seems useless not sure his level cap but when I used him he was barely any good in combat and he sold so he'd die sooner or later anyway if you do t feel guilty over killing someone who hasn't done any known wrongs then go ahead and sacrifice him :p

        Loading editor
    • I don't mind The House of Horrors or The Taste of Death, since the NPC sacrifices are literally made for the quests, but for Boethiah's Calling, I like to use this mod , since I don't wanna kill a follower who can actually be interacted with outside of the quest.

        Loading editor
    • Urgh, I can't decide. I really don't like that Argis guy from Markarth partly because I don't like his personality/voice and partly because I don't trust anyone from Markarth he's probably secretly in the pay of the Silver-Bloods if not Madanach. Either way I don't trust 'im.

      I'm not sure that warrantly his wanton murder though. I guess I'll have to decide later...

      Same you can't sacrifice dead Thralls I'd take Grelod in an instant.

        Loading editor
    • Bzze wrote:


      Lmao, you're making it sound they're just jealous of Marcurio.

      he's popular with the ladies...

        Loading editor
    • I ALWAYS Sacfirice Teldryn Sero.


      Now that I have your attention... I sacrifice Faendel. I felt bad when I done the love triangle thing in his favor. So, I guess it was only fair that I done what I did.

        Loading editor
    • Faendal wasn't even that great of a companion anyway! In my opinion....can't even kill a poor, defenceless, innocent chicken in his sight without him trying to shred you.

        Loading editor
    • Keyboardkiller75 wrote:

      I sacrifice Faendel. I felt bad when I done the love triangle thing in his favor. So, I guess it was only fair that I done what I did.

      "He, instead of a Nord in his village, won his lover with your help, so it's only fair he f***ing dies as a sacrifice to a daedric prince so I can get a fairly nice artifact" Oh, and if you don't remember, sacrificed souls suffer for eternity.

        Loading editor
    • Eggbutt wrote:
      Keyboardkiller75 wrote:
      I sacrifice Faendel. I felt bad when I done the love triangle thing in his favor. So, I guess it was only fair that I done what I did.
      "He, instead of a Nord in his village, won his lover with your help, so it's only fair he f***ing dies as a sacrifice to a daedric prince so I can get a fairly nice artifact" Oh, and if you don't remember, sacrificed souls suffer for eternity.

      And your point is..?

        Loading editor
    • i would love to sacrifice the guy who hates all Dunmers(cant remember his name). so irritating when he says the words "get out of my face"

        Loading editor
    • I sacrifice Lydia who is IMO the most useless follower in the entire game, hell I can give her daedric armour and dragon weapons and she's still freaking useless.

        Loading editor
    • If u dont wanna kill anyone that may be a minor important use a dark brotherhood guy

        Loading editor
    • 172.56.26.101 wrote:
      If u dont wanna kill anyone that may be a minor important use a dark brotherhood guy

      Those guys are essential. They can't die by the player character.

        Loading editor
    • I'd sacrifice Nat in a heartbeat.  Snotty little brat!  Piper would be better off without her...


      Oh, snap...

        Loading editor
    • 64.31.252.43 wrote:
      I'd sacrifice Nat in a heartbeat.  Snotty little brat!  Piper would be better off without her...


      Oh, snap...

      They aren't even in the game...

        Loading editor
    • I killed that creepy b*there that led the cannibal cult ... right after taking over said cult.

        Loading editor
    • met this khajiit thief "hands out your money or i gut you like a fish!". Open console make him follower, lead him to boethiah. Had a catfish for dinner that night. 

        Loading editor
    • met this old orc who's seeking a good dead. Open console make him follower, lead him to boethiah. He's happy, Dragonborn's happy, everyone's happy, cheers!

        Loading editor
    • I prefer to sacrifice Iona or Lydia, because I don't like them and because I don't live in Breezehome and Honeyside. Yes Lydia, don't be shocked people.

        Loading editor
    • Bilitis wrote:
      I prefer to sacrifice Iona or Lydia, because I don't like them and because I don't live in Breezehome and Honeyside. Yes Lydia, don't be shocked people.

      I sacrifice Lydia as well why because I hate how bloody useless she is, can't go a single fight with her without having to save her worthless ass several times from even minor enemies despite me having given her daedric armour and dragonbone weapons.


      I never understood Lydia's popularity, she is one of the worst followers ever, I feel like I'm escorting princess Peach to battle whenever I have her around.


      my first character sacrificed her to an ancient dragon my second gave her to Boethiah

        Loading editor
    • I suppose it's like Ysolda, she's popular because you met her early in the game but I'd prefer Ysolda as a follower or housecarl if possible. Lydia is also the most popular wife on a poll I did and it's probably because of the same reasons.

      Since I took Heartfire usually when I start a playthrough one of the first thing I do is building Lakeview, so I drop her quickly and I never see her again.

      She's so buggy, it's a reason good enough to put her out of her misery and making her useful at least once.

        Loading editor
    • I was thinking about hiring that merc from Windhelm. Guy's dialogue just oozes greed. Then again, I'm also greedy. >:D

        Loading editor
    • Well he's a merc. I used to do that, since he's the closest one.

        Loading editor
    • I usually sacrifice Erik the slayer.

        Loading editor
    • I sacrificed Iona, due to gameplay circumstances panning out so well.

      I became Thane of Riften, bought Honeyside, and my first night there I was kidnapped by the Dark Brotherhood. When I escaped and returned, she greeted me as if nothing had happened.

      Obviously she was in on the kidnapping, so I thought it fitting to sacrifice her to the God of treachery and deceptions.

        Loading editor
    • I sacrifice a riekling, also a good way to level up the ebony blade.

        Loading editor
    • And in the above in reference to the ebony blade killing all the rieklings outside thirsk hall will level up the ebony blade indefinitely ill add its best to ask them to follow you lead them away then kill them one at a time. And you can sacrifice them to boethiah, they will respawn inside and in front of thirsk hall all ten of them.

        Loading editor
    • Ahtar, the executioner in Solitude. Definitely don't need him.

        Loading editor
    • Orc named sue wrote:
      I sacraficed janessa, she scares me. I wish I had sacraficed Iona, I killed her anyway so...

      Janessa is my wife

        Loading editor
    • Should I do my morthal house carl and make linda my new house carl

        Loading editor
    • I'm planning on sacrificing Ralis Sedarys when I get the chance.

        Loading editor
    • I just sacrificed Marcurio, the merc in Rotten then after I completed the Boethiah Calling quest line a courier found me and said it had an inheritance. It was from Marcurio! I got 270 gold from him! I can't stop laughing! This is why I still play this game.

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote:

      Pink Slim wrote: I think killing people just because they're stormcloak aligned is worse than being one of the racist stormcloaks, at least they're trying to improve their home.

      Yeah, well. Wait, what? It was a fair fight, she wielding her mighty Fork of Racism and her stout Armor of Ignorance against the weakly equipped, Daedric-clad Dragonborn...

      To me, they're no different than the foot soldiers.

      Are you seriously kidding right now ? You are talking about humans being racist in Skyrim, but almost every province of Tamriel is heavily racist, elven ones moreso than human ones. Just tell me please how many humans can you find in non human kingdoms and how many non humans can you find in human kingdoms. It is a hatred that goes along for millenia, so, while it's not ok, it can't be helped. I seriously consider people that hate Skyrim racists worse than them, because they really forget how the rest of the races treat humans in general.

        Loading editor
    • I love it how nobody chooses the most obvious answer to this question. Who is the most useless follower, Lidia by far.

        Loading editor
    • 71.213.102.215 wrote:
      I love it how nobody chooses the most obvious answer to this question. Who is the most useless follower, Lidia by far.

      Actually, it can arguably be Roggi Knot-Beard or Sven. Or that Imperial Armored lady you get as a follower after doing the quest with the East Empire Company. Let's not forget Cosnach

        Loading editor
    • When i was going to sacrifice Cosnach, he didnt come with me from Markarth. I went back to him, and as i checked if i had asked him to follow me, he gave me some merchants clothes. Now i feel terrible.

        Loading editor
    • 80.167.149.2 wrote:
      When i was going to sacrifice Cosnach, he didnt come with me from Markarth. I went back to him, and as i checked if i had asked him to follow me, he gave me some merchants clothes. Now i feel terrible.

      Ah, the guy didn't want to die so first he tried to avoid you then he bribed you

        Loading editor
    • Depending on progression a brotherhood initiate

        Loading editor
    • I was under the impression that Brotherhood Initiates were marked as essential and thus cannot be killed.

        Loading editor
    • aye, they are. you need to find another useless follower for this quest

        Loading editor
    • The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:
      aye, they are. you need to find another useless follower for this quest

      Plenty of choices. Who need a Cosnach or a Benor (both lvl cap 30)? there's a lot of companions outside questlines / factions / without a unique quest or real identity.

        Loading editor
    • i mostly just use mercenaries. who needs them anyway?

        Loading editor
    • The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:
      i mostly just use mercenaries. who needs them anyway?

      Well there's an exception, some of my characters needed Marcurio as a spouse :D 

        Loading editor
    • I have an urge to try one of those Nazeem as follower mods just so I can try sacrificing him to Boethiah.

        Loading editor
    • i once sacrificed janessa and got a letter of inheiretence or however you spell that

        Loading editor
    • 71.84.66.62 wrote:
      222.127.85.211 wrote:
      Ralis Sedarys, that dude in solstheim that sacrificed miners and said he was "posessed". I even used his pickaxe on him. It was glorious.
      I was JUST gonna say Ralis! High five...

      umm guys, ralis WAS acctually possesed by ahzidal as a vessel to realese him from his tomb

        Loading editor
    • I think Ahtar is a very good choice. That evil bastard enjoys his work waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

        Loading editor
    • If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX

        Loading editor
    • The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:

      The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"

      also, isn't she, you know, not a follower?

        Loading editor
    • thats they said if they could choose ANYBODY

        Loading editor
    • Best sacrifice is easily The mage from Hitting The Books quest Orthorn from fellglow keep free hum before clearing the keep and take him to sacrificed he is my chosen saviour of companions and will always be just tha

        Loading editor
    • I always kill Eola after completing Namira’s Daedric Quest. Revenge for Brother Verulus!

        Loading editor
    • The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:

      The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"

      also, isn't she, you know, not a follower?


      also, i know that XD

        Loading editor
    • Tsumefan2 wrote:
      The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:



      The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"
      also, isn't she, you know, not a follower?


      also, i know that XD


      she is unkillable, and not a follower, but i still wish i could kill her, it would be even better if i did with dragon bane or a blades weapon, but someone should make a mod so you can sacrifice her.

        Loading editor
    • The Great Laggi wrote:
      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:



      The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"

      also, isn't she, you know, not a follower?


      also, i know that XD


      she is unkillable, and not a follower, but i still wish i kould kill her, it would be even better if i did with dragon bane or a blades weapon, but someone should make a mod so you can sacrifice her.

      Amen to that. Also, something that allows you to keep the Blades depite her death. I'd sacifice her and Maven to any deadric prince.

        Loading editor
    • I'mm gonna sacrifice Ralis Sedarys. He was always a jerk.

        Loading editor
    • There won't be any repercussions right? Last time I killed J'Zargo because he was an arse.

        Loading editor
    • Codsakharbingdrinkr wrote:
      There won't be any repercussions right? Last time I killed J'Zargo because he was an arse.

      If I started to kill every assholes in this game there will be nothing but me and the snowy plains.

        Loading editor
    • there is one i could wish to sacrifice and that is nazeem

      he won't shut up about the cloud district

        Loading editor
    • Don't you wish there was a quest about that? I sure do.

        Loading editor
    • He's so arrogant and assuming. Yes, I do make it to the Cloud District, probably more than you do Nazeem. He thinks he's so great just because he owns a farm. I find it odd that several of the wealthiest people in Skyrim are farm owners but so are some of the poorest.

        Loading editor
    • I wanted to get it done and over with fast....so i used a housecarl XD

      Would have used Lydia, but she died during the fight for Dawnbreaker....so i used the riften housecarl as a sacrifice, then went and got Mjoll as my go to follower for now...the only non-dlc (not that it matters at this point haah) follower that does not die at all. (playing on switch so no mods :|)

        Loading editor
    • Codsakharbingdrinkr wrote:
      He's so arrogant and assuming. Yes, I do make it to the Cloud District, probably more than you do Nazeem. He thinks he's so great just because he owns a farm. I find it odd that several of the wealthiest people in Skyrim are farm owners but so are some of the poorest.

      I don't think it's about being the wealthiest, that kind of people irl use anything they accomplished to show off.

        Loading editor
    • Aw crap. Now I'm having second thoughts about sacrificing Ralis after seeing him fight. Even with just a plain pick axe and an iron dagger he can kick some ass. I think he will still be the one I give to Boethiah though. That's what he gets for scamming me out of 9000 Septims.

        Loading editor
    • Codsakharbingdrinkr wrote:
      Aw crap. Now I'm having second thoughts about sacrificing Ralis after seeing him fight. Even with just a plain pick axe and an iron dagger he can kick some ass. I think he will still be the one I give to Boethiah though. That's what he gets for scamming me out of 9000 Septims.

      Well, Azhidal's set is worth it since it's a unique one but when it comes to sacrificing Ralis I totally get it.

        Loading editor
    • 198.223.237.82 wrote: I sacrifice a riekling, also a good way to level up the ebony blade.

      I tried but can't get the reikling to touch the pole :(

        Loading editor
    • Codsakharbingdrinkr wrote:

      198.223.237.82 wrote: I sacrifice a riekling, also a good way to level up the ebony blade.

      I tried but can't get the reikling to touch the pole :(

      i think it has to be a human/elf follower

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I didn't realize Reiklings were considered pets.

        Loading editor
    • I sacrificed Njada once, and never regretted it. That was what she got for being such a bitch all the time. Of course, since I no longer join the Companions, I sacrifice Stenvar. He's close by, too, just over in Windhelm.

        Loading editor
    • I ended up sacrificing Roggi. I know it's terrible but he's just so weak and Ralis is good in a fight. I just pretend like it never happened.

        Loading editor
    • The Great Laggi wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:



      The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"
      also, isn't she, you know, not a follower?


      also, i know that XD


      she is unkillable, and not a follower, but i still wish i could kill her, it would be even better if i did with dragon bane or a blades weapon, but someone should make a mod so you can sacrifice her.

      You can kill her if you get the mod “The Paarthunax Dilemma” by arthmoor. I figured it out on accident lol, I just didn’t want to trek all the way to High Hrothgar when I already knew I was going to side with Paarthunax. So, I stuck dragonbrand (from JAYSUS swords) into her gut, then Esbern’s.

      On topic though, I’m not sure who to sacrifice. Sven is already dead, Uthgerd too (early plate armor). I think I’ll just go with Janessa.

        Loading editor
    • Beanywalrus wrote:

      The Great Laggi wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:
      The Beautiful Princess Ashley wrote:

      Tsumefan2 wrote:



      The Great Laggi wrote:
      If I could choose anyone to kill, it would be Delphine.


      THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MAKING ME KILL PAARTHINAX


      but isn't she "unkillable?"
      also, isn't she, you know, not a follower?

      also, i know that XD

      she is unkillable, and not a follower, but i still wish i could kill her, it would be even better if i did with dragon bane or a blades weapon, but someone should make a mod so you can sacrifice her.

      You can kill her if you get the mod “The Paarthunax Dilemma” by arthmoor. I figured it out on accident lol, I just didn’t want to trek all the way to High Hrothgar when I already knew I was going to side with Paarthunax. So, I stuck dragonbrand (from JAYSUS swords) into her gut, then Esbern’s.

      On topic though, I’m not sure who to sacrifice. Sven is already dead, Uthgerd too (early plate armor). I think I’ll just go with Janessa.

      first, i dont have mods because i do console, secondly, go ahead and sacrifice her, you do you

        Loading editor
    • Speaking of followers, does anyone else get paranoid about the houses that you can buy in each of the holds and makes their house Carl "wait" in there? I like to keep all my special weapons and armor and other things such as some daedric artifacts so I immediately keep my house Carl at my house for the remainder of the game haha. Oh also have an insect collection for the ones that are in jars.

        Loading editor
    • Aerin was killed in a vampire attack in my play through xD

        Loading editor
    • I just killed Faendal. I haven't married Camilla Valerius but now if i do, i won't have to worry about him trying to get with her after the marriage.

        Loading editor
    • The Cat Master wrote:
      In one of my first play throughs I chose Eola
      I used her the very first time I did the quest. I had it in my journal but I didn't know where all my current followers were and she was the next one I gained. The evil of it really pleased me, too, since I had to sacrifice someone to gain her as a follower, and then I turned around and sacrificed her to please Boethiah. My orc has no morals.
        Loading editor
    • I have a suggestion, If you are like someone I know and doesn't like to kill off just any follower, I'd become blood kin and take one of the orcs from a stronghold

        Loading editor
    • Xareidan wrote:

      201.83.251.56 wrote:
      I sacrificed Uthgerd, that voice is so... Fitting.. For her body... And face...

      This.

      I sacificed Uthgerd.  Because she's, by far, the least liked NPC.  I mean, seriously, how many people even remember that NPC exists?  At least people that hate Cicero, know he exists.  Then again, not many know that Adelaisa Vendicci exists, either.

      You hate Uthgerd? I have a special thing for her, since she was one of the first followers in my early games. Married her, too :D

        Loading editor
    • Lydia is the Sakura of Skyrim

        Loading editor
    • Sky Above,Voice Within wrote: Yes. They are backing up the men that are tearing Skyrim apart, their ideals are the same, they're fighting the same battle but with different weapons.

      And if you read the thalmor dossier on ulfric he’s actually a sleeper agent for the thalmor

        Loading editor
    • Idk what's going on but i used boethiah cultist

        Loading editor
    • Degaine the beggar from markarth is the perfect choice if you use console command, nobody will miss him, just be sure to get the dibella quest from him before sacrificing him :3

        Loading editor
    • Dragonheart69420
      Dragonheart69420 removed this reply because:
      because I messed up the format
      22:56, July 29, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • 166.234.129.70 wrote:
      I have a suggestion, If you are like someone I know and doesn't like to kill off just any follower, I'd become blood kin and take one of the orcs from a stronghold

      Wow didn't even know that was possible, thank you. I'm definitely going to do that now

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.